private ˙ ˖ ✶ the rainbow cattle company ┊ pinkpaw.

Wherever she had run off to in the fight, Pinkpaw hadn't been seriously injured. Downypaw was sure of this. They had watched her usher Featherpaw, blood striping his battle-matted pelt, towards Wolfsong and Cottonfang immediately after the battle. With an uncomfortable stir, they realize they hadn't been aware of just how close their sister was to Sunstride's daughter until now. It's a good thing, she reassures herself. Being good friends with the children of WindClan's leader and medicine cat could not be a bad thing. It pulled Pinkpaw into regard higher than what it would've been under Sootstar, and it would keep her safe, in case they ever needed to feel safe again.

The white splash on her face wrinkles as she remembers the bandages beneath her left eye for what seems the nth time that day. @PINKPAW 's round eyes hover before them, glowing in the dim light of the medicine cat den. "Hi, Pinkpaw," she meows, letting her eyes widen and her lips fold into a smile. The motion makes their cheek itch, and it twinges a little. "Are you okay?" She was okay by their standards, and probably Wolfsong's, but maybe asking her about something would let her talk about anything. Like pricking a hole into a dam, knowing the pressure would widen it with time.​

Pinkpaw stands before Downypaw, eyes round as moons upon her icky bandaging. Pinkpaw had never been in the medicine cat's den sooo much. She hardly had time to enjoy being home because she was too busy watching Downypaw and Featherpaw and Bluepool and everyone to make sure they were all okay. And... of course they would be okay, because... because duh. But Pinkpaw still feels the need to check. She checks so hard that she even forgets to talk to Downypaw at first. They're the first one to say something, and that, like, never happens!

" Hi, " she returns, still staring at the web pressed against their face... It looks icky and not fun at all. Are you okay? Is she okay? " You're the one in the medicine den, dummy. " Was that too mean? Ohmygosh, Her sister was dying and she just called her a dummy! How mean was she? " You're not a dummy! I'm sorry! " she cries, oblivious to any attention she might be drawing from the other patients. " An' I'm sorry I didn' help you in the battle! An I'm sorry I made Sootstar make a mean ugly fa – face at you! An I'm sorry I made you mad ah' me! An... an... " She sniffs before the snot could drip down to her lips. What did Downypaw ask again? Are you okay? Pinkpaw nods quickly, tears making her vision blurry. " Uu... U – huh... "
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • NOTE: SHE IS A FEVER COAT BABY!!
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 6 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with sunburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

"You're the one in the medicine den, dummy." Downypaw's smile cracks a little wider. "Um, yeah." Pinkpaw's apology keens through the herb-fuzzed air, and they twist their ears halfway back to avoid the brunt of it. "No—Pinkpaw, it's okay," they purr, but her tongue is hurtling onwards and running over their attempts at reassurance. So then they just let her ramble, silently frowning at the faint smell of salt curling beneath all the herb-scent. "Shh, shh...we have to be quiet," they murmur, eyes flicking apologetically towards the onlookers. It's not entirely for the benefit of Wolfsong's other wards; Pinkpaw is just...too much. For them. Right now.

She wonders how she does it. "No, um, it's okay," she meows, placating smile returning to her face. "You helped Featherpaw. I saw." Downypaw doesn't think they'd ever admit the sting of jealousy that just shot through them, the memory of Juncopaw's claws flashing against their cheekbones. The fact that she needed someone else to stave off the heartstopping, paralyzing terror of death now, in any situation that might warrant it and even those that wouldn't. She had thought about it a lot lately. If Pinkpaw had stayed with her, and all she would've had to do is be her goofy little self if she had, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to blink right now.

"I'm not mad at you," Downypaw promises. "It's okay." She reaches for one of her paws, gently settling white atop white. It's not a natural motion. "What...who did you fight?" Even though she's tired of her already, she wants to keep talking to her.​

• Crying
Reactions: PINKSHINE
We have to be quiet, Downypaw is saying from somewhere. But she's so sad! How's she supposed to be quiet when she's this sad? You helped Featherpaw, I saw, do they mean not help Featherpaw AT ALL, because he still got a big ugly scar on his back? Pinkpaw keeps sniffling, and Downypaw is still smiling and looking happy and good and fine... When did Downypaw get so good at this? Better than her, even? it just makes her want to cry even more, because Pinkpaw was learning that she was't very good at anything at all.

I'm not mad at you, Downypaw says, and it's enough to finally make Pinkpaw mash her lips shut. " R - really? " Pinkpaw sniffs, voice wobbling when faced with the build up of her tears. It's okay, rounded eyes look to her sister. She looks like she really means it, that it's okay, and if Downypaw thinks it's okay... why shouldn't Pinkpaw? She sniffles for the last time, blinking at Downypaw. She feels their paw atop her, and she realizes that she'd really missed Downypaw...

" Um... " She shifts on her paws, and she lets herself get a bit comfier, lying down and wrapping her tail around herself. " I dunno... I just – um, I wanted to fight. And... and I scratched up someone's legs and... and I thought you were coming with me! " she adds, looking meaningfully at Downypaw's icky scars. " I'm so mad at... at Juncopaw... " she huffs. " And I scratched mean Nightmareface but I was too late... "

She glances away from Downypaw, not forwning as hard as she was a little bit ago, but still a bit frowny... "Maybe... Maybe I should just go be a tunneler and hide in the dirt all day... I'm no good at anything... " she whines.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with sunburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!

• Crying
Reactions: pikaihao
Downypaw’s eyes are careful over the glistening, starburst face before them. Their stomach breathes a slight sigh of relief as her sniffles slow, for the sake of their ears and their heart. They scoot over just the tiniest bit as she settles down, mirroring the curl of her candy cane tail with their own. Pinkpaw explains, and Downypaw listens with a tilted head and pricked ears. Too late? They think about Featherpaw and the cobwebs adorning his spine, and their question is answered.

They glance down at their paws when Pinkpaw looks away, but their gaze returns sooner than hers, curiously tracing the foreign lines of her pout before she looks back. ”That’s not true,” they object softly, before they can think of words to back it up with. Pinkpaw wouldn’t mind the pause for thought, surely. Maybe she wouldn’t even notice. "You’re good at being nice,” they meow, leaning closer. ”And, um, I heard Scorchstreak the other day. She was saying that you were getting very good at tunneling. Oh, but–don’t tell her.” Midnight blues dart to the entrance and back. ”She might get mad if she knew I was spying on her.”

• Love
Reactions: PINKSHINE
That's not true, Downypaw tells her. They're trying to cheer her up, like Pinkpaw tried to cheer other cats up... A way more Downypaw version of the nuh - uh Pinkpaw has flung at her peers more than once. She blinks at her sister with wide eyes, at least a bit happy that they could sit like this... Sit in a way they haven't really since they've left the nursery. Suddenly, she doesn't know what she would've done if Downypaw had never come back... Like Lilacstem and like Larkfeather... "You’re good at being nice, her sister says. Pinkpaw sniffs in reply. " I... I am... " she agrees, nodding sniffley.

She thinks for a moment, that Downypaw is totally making that up, but the way they glance around makes Pinkpaw think they're serious... " Really? " she asks. She doesn't even like tunneling none. If she could be a good tunneler without even liking it, Maybe...maybe she is really good, and talented and stuff... But she sure doesn't feel like that right now... " I guess if I became the best tunneler ever, no one will have to deal with me being the worst fighter ever, again... "

It's then that she sets her chin upon the floor, and she looks up at her sister with moon - wide eyes, ears flattened atop her skull. " I'm gunna get... gunna get Scorchstreak to make me a real good fighter... And then you won't have to get another icky scar again, h'okay? I'll sweep all the bad guys...off their paws. " Off of Featherpaw and away from Downypaw at the same time... Before Lilacstem and Larkfeather could disappear... Before any mean rogues could storm into their camp... Before anything and everything... Pinkpaw would be the most ready, next time, and she'd never be away from Downypaw again... " M' glad you're okay, Downypaw... "
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png