camp ‧₊˚✧[ ´´I just wish there was a cat in SkyClan who understands me, but I know that there isn´t.´´ - OPEN BIRCHBRANCH ROLEPLAY ]✧˚₊‧

Birchbranch

Lonely Yet Grateful
Mar 10, 2024
┌── •✧• ──┐
Birchbranch
└── •✧• ──┘

Birchbranch lay by herself near the camp wall, her ear tip twitching. Suddenly, her head shot up with alarm as a cat spooked her padding by. Shaking her head, the young warrior rest it back on her forepaws.

Orangish-amber eyes gazed around the clearing as Birchbranch lay where she was, her white tail lashing warily. Something was wrong. The warrior was afraid. And of what? Birchbranch was afraid that no one liked her, no one understood her like her parents and her littermates had. Now they were all gone. Birchbranch was the only one left.

The SkyClanner perked her ears as something rustled in the bushes behind her. The she-cat lifted her head, her orangish-amber orbs widening with surprise as one of her Clanmates tumbled out of the bushes behind her, rolling down to the ground and landing with a thud.

Birchbranch winced. The crash had sounded more painful than - she knew for her Clanmate - how it felt. ´´Are you alright, { insert name here }?´´ The young she-cat mewed, placing a paw on her Clanmate´s shoulder firmly. Concern was etched onto the features of Birchbranch´s face, as her eyes glowed with it.

Last edited:

"Ugh! Damn bird." Bitter verses practically rolled out of Chrysaliswing's maw as he crash-landed onto the ground. The warrior usually prided himself on his huntsmanship, but even eagles lost their prey sometimes. It was just his luck that he also rolled into a bush, and tangles of thickets and thorns tore at wispy coat, as if they tried to break through to reach the skin. Thankfully, he would only emerge from this with minor scrapes. Heterochromatic gaze, as embittered as an acrid taste of metal, glared upwards at Birchbranch. Here was a warrior that he barely knew, nor did he care to know. "What are you looking at? Get lost." The diatribe trilled out of his mouth next, as the longhaired tomcat stood up and shook off whatever foliage and debris had been stuck to his pelt. How embarrassing that this was his first impression for a cat he didn't even know.

• ( All opinions are IC and do not reflect the roleplayer's! Sorry for Chrys' general demeanor LMAO. Welcome to Skyclan <3 )
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 22 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

"Ugh! Damn bird." Bitter verses practically rolled out of Chrysaliswing's maw as he crash-landed onto the ground. The warrior usually prided himself on his huntsmanship, but even eagles lost their prey sometimes. It was just his luck that he also rolled into a bush, and tangles of thickets and thorns tore at wispy coat, as if they tried to break through to reach the skin. Thankfully, he would only emerge from this with minor scrapes. Heterochromatic gaze, as embittered as an acrid taste of metal, glared upwards at Birchbranch. Here was a warrior that he barely knew, nor did he care to know. "What are you looking at? Get lost." The diatribe trilled out of his mouth next, as the longhaired tomcat stood up and shook off whatever foliage and debris had been stuck to his pelt. How embarrassing that this was his first impression for a cat he didn't even know.

┌── •✧• ──┐
Birchbranch
└── •✧• ──┘

Orangish-amber orbs narrowing at Chrysaliswing´s harsh response, Birchbranch felt her shoulder fur bristle. ´´I hope you know that next time you snap at me, I may just claw your ears off. Doesn´t mean I will,´´ The she-cat gave a whisk of her snow-white tail, fixing a glare on the tom. ´´Orangestar said at the most recent meeting to cool it on the aggressiveness, Chrysaliswing. Should I report you to Twitchbolt or Orangestar herself?´´

Birchbranch wasn´t going to report her Clanmate to either of them, really, but may as well give him the choice if she had to. Maybe he´d take her more seriously. ´´You should go see our medicine cat. Dawnglare´s his name, isn´t it? Or even Fireflypaw. You had quite the fall there, and SkyClan doesn´t need injured warriors on its paws at the moment.´´

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sorrelsong
𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 〰 "Chrysaliswing's just mad I'm doing better than he is at hunting today," the apprentice chimes in, a smug sort of smirk sitting on their face as they linger with a mouse between their paws. They wouldn't pretend they were the best, of course, but still leagues better than someone who'd caught nothing this morning. At the very least, Birchbranch seems to be enjoying the opportunity to flex some much deserved frustration in the form of idle threat.

Orangestar, if she was to be believed, wouldn't humor more sniping and interpersonal snapping over air. They were meant to be a united front... and it was the very loud few, as Hazelbeam had put it, that were fracturing them. SkyClan wouldn't be stronger with this nastiness sitting in its bed.

"He'll get his fur out of a twist once he's got his paws on something... try not to worry about him."

And maybe try to make sure he doesn't decide to put his paws on you next... It was funny to antagonize him a little bit but also, fights had started over less.​

"Birchbranch. Edenpaw." She acknowledges two of the three with a nod, turning her eyes next to the mottled tom that stands nearby them both. For now, Orangestar remains blissfully unaware of the near-argument that springs up between Birchbranch and Chrysaliswing, the traded remarks of barbed tongues. Edenpaw's remark, however, clues her in to the bristling furs of two of her warriors.

Orangestar's own paws are empty, the sparrow she'd been pursing too dextrous among the fine branches of Tallpine's peak. The leader had regained strength in her leg, sure, but none of the fine elements of manoeuvrability she'd once possessed. Her tail flicks. "No luck yet either, Chrysaliswing?"

•  
  •  
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | nine lives
    " a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."

— single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #E3B2A9
    tags | art by pin

‎‧₊˚✧[ Birchbranch ]✧˚₊‧
Birchbranch looked up to see Orangestar padding over. ''Oh! Hello, Orangestar!'' She purred. The dappled she-cat gave Edenpaw a nod, and then turned back to Chrysaliswing, glaring at him through narrowed, orangish-amber orbs.
''I expect more of a warm welcome next time I try to help you,'' Birchbranch growled, giving a lash of her plumed white tail. Chrysaliswing had treated the mottled warrior poorly when she had asked him if he was alright after his fall.
Birchbranch turned to Edenpaw, tipping her head to the side thoughtfully. ''You'll be a noble warrior, one day, if you keep that up!'' She praised the apprentice with a warm-hearted purr.

"No, I'll be fine without you tattling on me like I'm a little kit." Chrysaliswing's words pooled underneath his mouth as a scraggly grumble, chock-full of the usual loathing that rested gentle on his tongue. Snakelike in its manner, feathery tail lashed back and forth as if a response to Birchbranch's own. He was certainly a great hunter, and the chimaera hardly appreciated the lambasting. (Very hypocritical.) Flame-brushed tom sighed as the ever-coy Edenpaw made their way to his unfortunate happenstance, lurid glare trained upon the other. He hardly paid attention to the generation of apprentices that blossomed after his own - aside from his own apprentice that he couldn't even keep for a full term - though they all seemed as pesky as a bundle of crowfood-bound flies. Edenpaw certainly did not evade this mental description. "No. I simply made a mistake, just like your m-" Lips quickly sewed themselve shut as he was made keenly aware of the presence of his leader. "It's been fine, Orangestar." He mewed, shooting another daggered glare at Birchbranch.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 22 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

''A mistake,'' Birchbranch scoffed with a wave of her tail. Sitting back on her haunches, the warrior lifted a front paw and swiped her tongue across a it. She snorted as the tom broke off his next sentence because Orangestar had approached and met her Clanmate's glare with an equally fiery one of her own from narrowed orangish-amber eyes. ''I advise you cool it before you get your ears clawed.''