camp ‧₊˚✧[ ´´Since when did alder trees have blossoms?´´ ] - OPEN ALDERBLOSSOM ROLEPLAY ✧˚₊‧

Alderblossom

Hidden and Protected
Mar 10, 2024
‎‧₊˚✧[ Alderblossom - A pretty, dappled tortie-and-white she-cat with orangish-amber eyes. ]✧˚₊‧

‎‧₊˚✧[ Alderblossom woke with a start to see dawn light filtering through the branches above her in the warriors´ den. With a yawn, the she-cat got to her paws. After stretching each leg in turn, the tortie found herself slinking out of the gloomy den and out into the camp clearing.

Cats were padding back and forth in between dens, their tails whisking happily in the air. Alderblossom blinked. As much as she loved ShadowClan, sometimes she just couldn't imagine that they could all be in a good mood for once in their lives. The warrior tipped her head to the side for a moment, bewilderment flashing through her orangish-amber orbs.

Noticing a Clanmate sitting alone near the camp wall, Alderblossom felt her heart sink with sympathy. Did no one wish to talk to them? Well, today was her Clanmate´s lucky day, she guessed as she padded over to them.

´´Hi,´´ The tortie mewed as she settled down beside her fellow ShadowClanner. ´´I noticed you were sitting alone. Is something wrong?´´ ]✧˚₊‧

Last edited:
—————————————————————⊰♰⊱————————————————————
Magpiepaw enjoyed his solitude perhaps more than most cats did. It wasn't because he didn't like his clanmates, well - perhaps there were some he disliked, but it was mostly because he enjoyed listening. It was hard to listen to the world around you when cats chattered in your ears, when someone had a thorn in their paw, when an apprentice had a tumble and came mewling for aid, being a medicine cat was exhausting so he took his brief snatches of peace where he could. The camp was alarmingly silent today as hunting parties went out and patrols for the borders were sent, Smogmaw had assigned them earlier and he'd sat to listen despite knowing he rarely joined them unless Starlingheart needed them to collect some herbs.
The black and white apprentices ear flicked as he turned, a chipper voice greeting and questioning and he narrowed his eyes in thought. Was Alderblossom a clanmate that annoyed him? He didn't think so, they had not spoken often enough for him to have a real opinion on her - mostly his own fault given his dislike of idle chatter, so for once he humored the question rather than prickle and dismiss it.
"I'm fine. The birds are back for newleaf, I'm listening to them sing, don't you hear them?" Unlike the melodic songs of birds like robins or sparrows, he was enjoying the cacophony of ragged caws and screeches from the crows lining the trees near camp.

• OOC can go here.

• 75204717_KgcjQ7iJ5YDThlB.png
    Magpiepaw
    —⊰⋅ MCA of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/They
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/a white throat and blue-violet eyes.
    —⊰⋅ Has mild cerebellar hypoplasia (Wobbly cat syndrome)

—————————————————————⊰♰⊱————————————————————
Magpiepaw enjoyed his solitude perhaps more than most cats did. It wasn't because he didn't like his clanmates, well - perhaps there were some he disliked, but it was mostly because he enjoyed listening. It was hard to listen to the world around you when cats chattered in your ears, when someone had a thorn in their paw, when an apprentice had a tumble and came mewling for aid, being a medicine cat was exhausting so he took his brief snatches of peace where he could. The camp was alarmingly silent today as hunting parties went out and patrols for the borders were sent, Smogmaw had assigned them earlier and he'd sat to listen despite knowing he rarely joined them unless Starlingheart needed them to collect some herbs.
The black and white apprentices ear flicked as he turned, a chipper voice greeting and questioning and he narrowed his eyes in thought. Was Alderblossom a clanmate that annoyed him? He didn't think so, they had not spoken often enough for him to have a real opinion on her - mostly his own fault given his dislike of idle chatter, so for once he humored the question rather than prickle and dismiss it.
"I'm fine. The birds are back for newleaf, I'm listening to them sing, don't you hear them?" Unlike the melodic songs of birds like robins or sparrows, he was enjoying the cacophony of ragged caws and screeches from the crows lining the trees near camp.

• OOC can go here.

• 75204717_KgcjQ7iJ5YDThlB.png
    Magpiepaw
    —⊰⋅ MCA of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/They
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/a white throat and blue-violet eyes.
    —⊰⋅ Has mild cerebellar hypoplasia (Wobbly cat syndrome)

‎‧₊˚✧[ Alderblossom - a pretty, dappled tortie-and-white she-cat with orangish-amber eyes. ]✧˚₊‧

‎‧₊˚✧[ Actually, Alderblossom hadn´t heard them. Her mismatched black and white ears perked up, swiveling slightly to see if she could hear the birds. In fact, she could.

´´O-Oh,´´ She mewed, giving her chest fur a couple of embarrassed licks. ´´I-I do, now.´´ ]✧˚₊‧

Reactions: ghost
oh, right. the birds were returning. the sounds of their lively chirps made for a noisier marsh, because with them came the return of the croaks of frogs and toads alike. they didn't mind the noise all that much. growing up in the marshlands made chilledstar used to it. the noise that came from owl hoots, and frogs greeting one another with ribbits. birds tweeting was just another bright side but parts of them do wonder... would it have been louder in a place like thunderclan? or even skyclan? they don't go into territories they don't need to be in, but one would imagine where there were more birds, the noises surely are louder.

"hey there, little bird. hi, alderblossom. mind if i join the two of you? i don't intend to interrupt."

they promise, taking a seat with a gently twitch of their ears back and forth. they didn't mind the sound of the crows, either. crows were smart creatures... a little too smart if you asked chilledstar but they didn't hate them. it was just the symphony of the marshes.

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    44 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Alderblossom's ears perked up at the sound of her leader's voice and she turned to face them. ''You're not interrupting, Chilledstar. Don't worry,'' The tortie purred warmly, her voice soft. The ShadowClanner tipped her head to the side and turned her face back to the sky. Back to StarClan. She wondered what it would be like to be a StarClan warrior and visit the medicine cats and the Clans' leaders, but Alderblossom didn't want to know what it'd be like to be dead. That was something she knew she wouldn't want to experience.

Last edited:

"Hanging out without me? I'm hurt!" Lilacfur laughed as she trotted up to the three, dipping her head in a more respectful greeting towards Magpiepaw. The good mood around camp was infectious today and not even her worries from the kitten fiasco seemed to drag her behind.

"Birdsong makes a good sign for newleaf. It's been great to wake up to instead of snow." Also made for a good hunt, knowing where the gathered for seeds and nuts to track down. But that's work talk, and it looked like her Clanmates were trying to relax from that. "Have the herbs been growing back well this season? I've seen Starlingheart in and out of her den more often, now."
[ i need the clouds to cover me ]