[ ★ ] - MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE INTEREST CHECK [CLOSED]

Jun 6, 2022

SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE INTEREST CHECK

Hey there! Starlingheart has officially been a medicine cat for six months now and it is of my opinion that she is ready to take on an apprentice especially now that she herself has now graduated to adulthood. She doesn’t know everything but I’m confident that she knows enough to teach someone else so here we are!! Please make sure you read all the rules before applying!

Also before you apply it is highly encouraged you give the HP GUIDE and RANK GUIDE a look so that you know what will be expected of you if you are selected for this role

This interest check will be closing June 10th

IC RULES
- - ONLY PRE-EXISTING ACTIVE CHARACTERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Characters made after this interest check has been posted will not be taken into consideration when it comes time for me to choose. In the same bracket, I will also only be considering activity from prior to this interest check as well. Spamming the board will not boost your chances and may actually hinder them instead.
- - YOUR CHARACTER MUST BE INTERESTED IN MEDICINE.
Because of how Starlingheart was thrust into her position, she would never force a cat who was not interested in becoming a medicine cat into this role and thus I ask that this be a character who has shown interest in the e medicine cat path prior to this interest check. Additionally, this character will be chosen by Starlingheart and not StarClan.
- - ANY CHARACTER CAN APPLY
There is not an age requirement for this position and as long as your character meets all the other above standards they are free to apply! This includes other staff members. Everyone will be given an equal opportunity as I will be looking only at the factors stated in these rules.

OOC RULES
- - YOU CANNOT HAVE ANOTHER CHARACTER ON THE MEDICINE CAT TRACK
per TT rules, anyone who plays a character already on the medicine cat track will not be considered, but anyone on the leader track is free to apply!
- - MAKE SURE YOURE WILLING TO STAY IN THIS POSITION LONG TERM
I would prefer to pick a character who is in it for the long haul and who will be around for quite a while. The term limit for a fully trained medicine cat is a year and a half and I plan on Starlingheart being around for her entire term and would like her to have a good relationship with her apprentice.
- - PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE IN THE DISCORD
Picking the next MCA is already stressful as is and it is extremely noticeable to myself and others when people try to suck up to me or make their opinions known on who they think deserves the position more. Please try to avoid doing this as much as possible.

At the end of the day, I’m looking for a character and rper who will be here for the long haul, who is oocly and icly active and who will mesh well with Starlingheart. Please use the form below to apply if you think you would be a good fit for this position! I look forward to reading all the applications!

FORM
MAIN ACCOUNT
:
CHARACTER NAME:
WHY YOU WANT TO APPLY WITH THIS CHARACTER:
ANY EXTRA NOTES:

Code:
[b]MAIN ACCOUNT[/b]:
[B]CHARACTER NAME[/b]:
[B]WHY YOU WANT TO APPLY WITH THIS CHARACTER[/B]:
[B]ANY EXTRA NOTES[/B]:

APPLICANTS
- -
- -
- -

why the hell not

MAIN ACCOUNT: @Lokisaurus
CHARACTER NAME: Needledrift
WHY YOU WANT TO APPLY WITH THIS CHARACTER: I plan on Needledrift going through some character development here soon in regards to her jaw - I want her to begin the steps to discovering that her injury can be fixed and she can be a warrior again in the more traditional sense. I think it'd be fun (yes, cliche, but fun to me) plot if while Needledrift was going through kitty physical and speech therapy, she started learning more and more about Starlingheart's job and she eventually... slides into that role, realizing that her time with her injury has changed her path and while it may have been a struggle, it was nothing to be ashamed of and that change is good. Gives me an excuse to have Needle pestering Starling all the time... or maybe she learns to heal herself!

Needle is also a big sweetie and has a tendency to put others before herself in most situations and while she's not always the smartest, she is resourceful and I think gearing towards herb usage might be a fun way to play with that trait. Just a lot of potential ways this could go...

ANY EXTRA NOTES: IF CHOSEN, I'd like the apprenticeship to kinda "sneak up" on Starling and Needle - I'd like them to bond a little and "talk" until one day, one of them asks if Needle could be Starling's apprentice and maybe it's weird bc she's older and has more experience! Lots of thoughts here but I'll shhhhhh so I don't get too excited.

Much luck to everybody else applying! Can't wait to see who gets it!

Reactions: CASERDILLA and Jay

MAIN ACCOUNT: @Rai
CHARACTER NAME: Magpiepaw | @Magpiepaw [TAGS]
WHY YOU WANT TO APPLY WITH THIS CHARACTER:
  • This is my weird little scrungly who likes birds and plants and thinks StarClan speaks to him through said birds and I have a lot to say about him..

• Magpiepaw has always had a fascination with the stars and fully believes the birds are caretakers for the sky where StarClan resides. He thinks you will grow wings when you die and learn to fly like them, adding to his already powerful obsession with learning more and his tendency to take even the slightest justification for his theories as solid proof, he is a cat who favors knowledge and learning over battle and hunting.
    He also adores Starlingheart, views her as an older sister and is fiercely loyal and protective of their relationship to the point he has no issue with Granitepelt’s strange possessive nature because he is, in Magpiepaw’s eyes, also a guardian for her in a way. He has not yet put together that such behavior is somewhat forceful and manipulative but he is also kind of a little idiot so it would be fun to see him slowly piece together that his naivety has caused her harm. As for an interest in herbs he is greatly mystified and baffled by how they work and would most like prod and ask questions further unprompted; as of now his interest runs under the belief that it is Starlingheart who makes them work and not the herbs themselves but once he realizes any cat can learn this it would easily become a new obsession for him!

• I am so bad at these interest checks this is only my second time doing one seriously I am so sorry for how jumbled this is lol,,,

Activity is not an issue for me, I am already very active with all my ShadowClan cats despite ShadowClan being my least active clan.
    Magpiepaw easily succeeds at 15 posts a month minimum like most of my mains alongside my other ShadowClanner Halfshade.
    I’m also relatively active in the discord though I try to only comment with substance so my replies might be more sparser than others because I favor quality over quantity: I genuinely love ShadowClan (it is my second favorite clan in the books, sorry-RiverClan is still first! lol) and would love to help it maintain a nice level of friendliness and activity!
    I’m also very forward, not afraid to speak up and offer suggestions or critique as needed so I’m very good at managing feedback and pushing ideas!

ANY EXTRA NOTES:
Best of luck to everyone else applying and ty for the chance! <3

Reactions: CASERDILLA and Jay
MAIN ACCOUNT: @Rynnaroo
CHARACTER NAME: @Crowpaw.
WHY YOU WANT TO APPLY WITH THIS CHARACTER: Crowpaw doesn't show their interest in medicine since they are trying to prove themselves to their father and, I think it would be fun if they're put into a position that isn't that path of a warrior. He'll definitely begin to grow into the role and realize it is where he belongs. Of course at first, he'll be hesitant due to their own desire to 'earn their worth' with their own parent but soon will realize he won't need the approval of others to do what he would be passionate about. I feel at first Crowpaw would try to back away but slowly open up to it and show more visible interest than what he shows at the current moment.

Some small things he might do, since he's currently in the medicine den, is watch Starling as she work but look away if she catches him watching, might ask some questions as well, some stuff out of curiousity, but try to make some excuse as to why they're asking since they still are in the current mindset that they need others approval. He'll eventually grow out of it of course, as like a sort of found family trope but it will definitely be a long term plot that'll tangle into everything ^^

ANY EXTRA NOTES: Good luck to everyone!! If Crowpaw gets MCA, I will make sure to become more active with him <3 Sorry I had to edit it a bit cuz I realized I fucked up when I was rushing to make the application so I hope this is okay!!

Last edited: