【WINDCLAN LANDMARK DISCOVERY SIGN-UPS】

WINDCLAN

「SWIFT & HARDY」
Jul 6, 2022
  • This thread has been created to organize and keep track of WindClan landmark discoveries. In an effort to be inclusive and give everyone a shot to have their characters play part in exploring and discovering the hills WindClan calls home, everyone is required to sign-up here prior to placing their oc in a discovery thread.

It is possible this will be changed if I don't find it needed, but to at first keep things as fair and even as possible everyone is limited to ONE OC PER DISCOVERY. This means if you have two WindClanner they cannot both discover camp. However, one can discover camp while another helps discover the gorge.

To state interest in a landmark, all you have to do is state which one and what OC you'd like to have help discover said landmark! If there is enough room you will be added up. When the time comes, I will post an "introduction" for the landmark just to set the scene (no worries, Soot won't be breathing down everyone's necks!). This is just to avoid any stress with who makes the thread and ensure it gets up.

From there? How the landmarks are discovered is up to you and your peers! Do they discover it intentionally or unintentionally? Do they use it to take shelter during a heatwave or raging storm? Maybe they get into a scuffle with a predator there? Everything is up to you and those who are also helping with that landmark! All I ask is to try and have it make sense to the landmark (for example, Outlook Rock is meant to be a popular hang-out place. Someone falling off of it or having a fight isn't likely good for a first impression).

WindClan landmarks can be used before they are discovered icly (MINUS THE CAMP, PLEASE DO NOT RP THERE UNTIL IT IS DISCOVERED!), but keep in mind they will be considered to take place in the close future after they have been formally discovered.
  • "A deep gorge cut by the river in the terrain that makes up WindClan's southwestern border. Falling into it means certain death - if not from drowning, then certainly from the impact of going over the waterfall. This as well as the river that continues to flow past this makes up WindClan's border with RiverClan." - WindClan Guide

Discoverers: (2/5)

- Jay
    - Weasel

Cats discovering this location don't have any specific goal save for discovering it. They are free to try and warn the rest of the group to stay clear of it or whatever would be icly realistic.
  • "South of camp sits a tunnel once used by a badger. It is now a popular hunting spot and also provides shelter when needed." - WindClan Guide

Discoverers: (2/3)

- Sunshine
    - Ember

Cats discovering this location have the goal of finding and figuring out if the dens are abandoned. It may also be useful if they learn prey is plentiful here and keep note its a nice place to take shelter if ever needed. They are in charge of deeming the area as the "Abandoned Badger Set".
  • "This small, hidden pool is surrounded by rushes just west of camp. The water in this pool is very shallow, only covering a grown cat's paws. It sits on top of slate, which soaks up the sun's heat during the day, and maintains that heat even through the night so the water is always warm. Cats come here to relax or clean their wounds." - WindClan Guide

Discoverers: (3/3)

- Fritter
    - Ferret
    - Dusk

Cats discovering this location have the goal of finding and learning of the warmth the Sun-Warmed Pool provides. They should deem the landmark the "Sun-Warmed Pool" icly.
  • "In between camp and Fourtrees is a large boulder. From here, everything can be seen across the moors. Cats are able to stand guard over the moorland from this perch. It is also a popular hangout spot." - WindClan Guide

Discoverers: (2/5)
    - Hare
    - Mallow

Cats discovering this location have the goal of finding and naming the landmark. It will be useful if they eventually climb to the top and see just how far this rock allows them to see.
  • "The moors are almost hollow with tunnels, some made by animals, others by underground streams. Tunnelers are trained to use them to move through their territory without being seen." - WindClan Guide

**PREFERABLY FUTURE TUNNELERS ONLY
    may remove the above ask if there ends up being little Tunneler interest

Discoverers: (2/7)

- Inky
    - Pollen
    - Hycanith

Cats discovering this location have the goal of exploring and potentially beginning to learn the advantages and disadvantages of the tunnels. They are free to explore and hunt within them, making their existence known to the clan. However, they will not be able to suggest the "Tunneler" rank yet but they will be the first WindClan cats to have explored the tunnels.

Last edited:
Everyone has been placed down! Hope no one minds but I didn't note anyone down as "backup" and all requested roles are officially given. If demand suddenly picks up we can worry about evenly distributing roles then but I SUPER appreciate the kindness and consideration of others <3. We're just slow on volunteers rn so I'm not too worried!

I'll give things a day or two to pick up, but then I'm gonna go ahead and open camp up to being pretty much a FFA since that's the highest priority! Don't want these guys sleeping in the long grass forever haha the ticks are probably AWFUL *shivers*

The other landmarks I'm okay with being rolled out slowly, but I'd like to see the camp discovered within the next week ^^

Reactions: Marquette and nico
Yes to everyone! Sorry for the late response

@Noor , would you like for Echo to be assigned to a different landmark discovery since the camp has become FFA?

Slots are not yet filled, but I'll be getting posts out today to begin landmark discoveries! It's by all means not too late for new members to jump in though, just let me know here and jump right in :)