backwritten πƒπ€π˜π’ π€π†πŽ β•± ππ„π‘πˆπ–πˆππŠπ‹π„π—•π‘π„π„π’π„

Stuck in a mindset of mourning and held safely within the comfort of his den (the place where Sootstar's sanity had taken its final dive; the place where he had imprisoned her, his guard entrusted to never let her close), he murmurs his question senselessly: "Do you miss your kits, when you are not at their sides?" It was a questionable decision to bring them here. He does not know the truth of their parentage, and has not pried. Did he father half-clan kits? Fall in love with a rogue? Or was it simply as he said: a coincidence, good fortune? It hardly seems to matter now. The question no longer picked at his mind, for Periwinklebreeze is good at what he does. The apprentice he had once known is gone. Sneaking out against Sootstar's orders, growing cowardly and weak. Unwilling to lift a paw against another, foolishly so.

Beneath that timidness, a warrior grew. And he knew that he could trust the young tom's judgement, if not his rage. There is too little of that in him still. Sunstar looks at him as if peeling back the layers, searching. Shielded, studious eyes focus more on Peri than the prey before them. He had asked for him to share a meal with him, and perhaps that was reason enough for alarm, or at least curiosity. Periwinklebreeze is a good father. He looks away from him as brief hurt stumbles across his face. Periwinklebreeze was good, and at times, he wonders if he is not.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC. β€”
  • Iw56kmg.png
    SUNSTAR. WINDCLAN LEADER.  ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
    ——– AMAB HE - HIM - HIS β•±β•± 4+ YEARS OLD.
    NPC x NPC,. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO ONE LITTER WITH HIM. MENTORING NOBODY.

TH β•±β•± A LARGE, SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS EYES

PLAY US LIKE PAWNS AND RELENTLESSLY CONFINE
INTO LIVING UP TO GENDER ROLES AND HAVING ABSENT MINDS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze ❀ 22 moons ❀ demi-boy ❀ windclan queen
82895788_uPPlp3McehSP0eh.png
Things have been... unsettled, in the wake of the fire. The territory destroyed - the camp thankfully saved by starclans blessing, but hardly much else. Ash lingers, and it burns the back of his throat as he turns to look at the leader - his leader. " I do, " comes quiet voice, as the tom tries to glean some measure of the conversation at paw. Sunstar is asking for a reason certainly - but is it regret, he wonders, for their allowance... or is it grief, for the lose of his own.

Periwinklebreze is no stranger to loss - it has followed his paws doggedly every step of his life, as familiar as a friend... or perhaps more aptly, a sworn enemy. Starclan has never looked upon his bloodline kindly - or if they had, it was certainly hard to see it. It'd been his brother first - the first real loss, no matter how angry he'd been at his mothers exile. Then it'd been Moonshadow - Cloudkit - Snowshadow - Dustpaw. Faces lost to time. Dazzlepaw, swallowed whole by the earth and never recovered, all while the golden-furred toms sister dared spit in the face of his loss. Snailstride's body lain cold upon the moorland, Hyacinthbreath bathed in starlight in Nightingalecry's dreams.

No, he is no stranger to loss. He takes a bite - chewing slowly, as thoughts slowly drag themselves back into the present. And if there's a bit more honesty, a bit more pain in pale orbs and warbling voice - well, only Sunstar is near enough to catch it. He swallows woodenly, turning eyes away from the stare he feels burning into him. " Family... f-family has always b-been important to me, " he admits quietly, once he's found his words again - ears flicking as tail tucks tighter around his frail frame. " I have... always l-liked kits... how c-could anyone not? I w-wanted my ow for as long as I can recall... b-but it never seemed meant to be, "

Sunstar is no stranger to rocky romances - the tension that lie between him and his mate in the wake of Bearflight's death something hard to miss. Still, Peri avoids elaborating, tries not to linger on their hurts - tries hard not to think of black and white fur, of confessions that had kept him alive and yet led to nothing more than betrayal and loneliness. " Th-they might not be mine b-by blood, but th-they're still mine... and I miss th-them as much as I do any of m-my family, " Perhaps even more - Nightingalecry could be trusted care for herself after all. To stay safe, where he will not stumble upon her body like the others. Sunflowermask and Goldenstrike too. His little ones could not. He quiets then - letting the honesty of his words ring true just as much as what he leaves unsaid.

━ actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes' ━
Don't you think it's funny how they tell us how to live?​
Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids?​