private 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 [ FLUFFYKIT ]

Mar 4, 2024
Candorkit finds it very hard to imagine the freezing, Leaf-bare days that had apparently swept over camp before his time. Today the sun was bright and warm, encouraging most of the nursery to go out and enjoy it. Candorkit planned on joining them, obviously, but he finds his gaze lingering on one of his denmates. Unlike him, she did not linger merely because she lost the race to the outside. She just... didn't seemed to want to at all. For the few moons that he has known her, Fluffykit never seemed to want to do anything at all! It was increadibly strange. She always seemed completely at odds at what everyone else wanted to do, although, suspiciously compliant with the forces that halted them!

he just wants to understand... Maybe he could help her, even, is what he thinks as he bounds toward her now. His approach is bold and de-li-ber-ate. He skids to a halt not a moment too soon, and calls out to her like so, " Fluffykit! I have... a mere question! " "Mere" was one of those words that always made what you have to say much more amazing. His question is this: " Why do you always cry? " After some more thought, he adds, " And hate everything? " That's what it seems like to him, anyway.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC: @FLUFFYKIT :3
  • 78638407_YRHxSQJ8VnrQxXj.png
    CANDORKIT: HE / HIM; LITTERMATE TO LIONKIT & HOLLYKIT; HALF - BROTHER TO MANY
    fiery lynx point w tawny paws & green eyes. points are still developing.
    Bold, loud, and extravagant, Candorkit idolizes the heroes within stories and goes out of his way to act as they do.

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette
Fluffykit’s denmates are all scattered away from the nursery, pouncing and sending plumes of dust up from skidding paws. The tortoiseshell chimera sits a few foxlengths away, tucked just inside the nursery. Her paws are tucked beneath her. Though the weather is delightful—warm, the air fresh and redolent with the scent of pine and newleaf, insects clattering about in the sky, birdsong rolling in her ears—Fluffykit makes no move to leave her den. Round jade eyes are half-lidded, content with her position. Tufted ears tilt forward to listen to faux battle cries.

One of the kits stumbles before he reaches the outside. Candorkit blinks at her with moss-colored eyes; he approaches her on deliberate tawny paws. “Fluffykit! I have… a mere question!” His speech is so funny. Fluffykit begins to giggle. “Hi, Candorkit. Um… okay. What’s your question?” She likes Candorkit well enough, though he’s rowdy just like his siblings and her cousins are.

But the words spilling thoughtfully from the tomkit’s maw are enough to make Fluffykit’s eyes round with indignation. “I d-don’t always cry,” she protests, her lower lip trembling. Stars, is that what others think about her? Is that why no one really asks her to play with them anymore—or is it the second part of what Candorkit is saying, that she hates everything. “Hate…” Sniffle… “Hate is a bad word. I don’t hate no one.

She pushes herself to her paws, expression wobbly and pleading for Candorkit to change his mind. “I… I’m just… I worry about everyone,” she murmurs, trying to keep the hitch from breaking her voice open like Sangriakit’s Twoleg egg.

• ooc:
  • imfwvC1.jpg
  • Fluffykit, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 4 moons old, ages realistically on the 9th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — skyclan kit. butterflytuft x dandelionwish, gen 3.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh chocolate tortie/cream chimera with jade eyes. frightened, clingy, anxious, gentle.

• Haha
Reactions: Floppie
I don't always cry, says Fluffykit, and the thing about that is: It kinda looked like she was about to cry right now... but clearly that couldn't be the case if she says she doesn't always cry. " Oh, okay, " he agrees, blinking intently. And then her voice gets all wobbly when she says hate... No.. she totally is crying! ...Or does it not count as crying until there are tears? Candorkit leans just a little bit closer, gaze intense, so she could make sure wouldn't cry cry.

Hate is a bad word. It is? A tawny paw flies to Candorkit's maw and his eyes go wide as moons. A small gasp accentuates his shock. " I didn't know! " And now he's getting sniffly cause he's supposed to be the best warrior ever but he keeps completely messing things up!

Candorkit listens closesly so that he can right this wrong. " Oh, okay, " again, he readily agrees. No clanmate would ever lie to him. " Then... why do you always worry about everyone? " He asks instead. " Everything is good! " he reminds her. Hardly anything bad ever happens, um, he thinks....
EpC61GT.png

• m7kGLl9.png

• 78638407_YRHxSQJ8VnrQxXj.png
    CANDORKIT: HE / HIM; LITTERMATE TO LIONKIT & HOLLYKIT; HALF - BROTHER TO MANY
    fiery lynx point w tawny paws & green eyes. points are still developing.
    Bold, loud, and extravagant, Candorkit idolizes the heroes within stories and goes out of his way to act as they do.

Candorkit looks at her with a dubious expression when she claims she doesn’t always cry. And she can see why—because even with her protest, her lip wobbles, and her voice warbles, and, and, and—she can’t cry now! She’s already told him she doesn’t cry all the time! Fluffykit sniffles once more, lifting a paw to dry any errant tears collecting near her jade-colored eyes.

Candorkit’s paw lifts toward his muzzle as Fluffykit tells him hate is a bad word, and then—then he looks like he’s going to cry. Oh, no! That’s going to make her cry for sure! “Hey, it’s okay! Maybe it’s not a bad word for Bobbie,” she soothes. She puts a paw tentatively on Candorkit’s shoulder, as if to comfort him. “It’s not really a bad word. It’s more like a… a mean word. Hating is mean, don’t you think?

Stars, there are things she doesn’t like, but hate is scary and menacing. It’s enough for her to gather her thoughts, though, when Candorkit questions her again. Everything is good, he explains, and she shakes her head. “Do you really think so? I feel like… like something bad is always gonna happen,” she murmurs. She wishes she could be more like Candorkit in this moment.

• ooc:
  • imfwvC1.jpg
    — 5 moons old, ages realistically on the 8th.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh chocolate tortie/cream chimera with jade eyes. frightened, clingy, anxious, gentle.

Candorkit shakes his head, agreeing when Fluffykit says it isn't a bad word for Bobbie. He remembers everything she tells him, and she's never said anything like that... It's a mean word, Fluffykit explains, and that he can mostly agree with. But maybe mean isn't the right word... and words are something you should be careful with, he knows, cause it might become a story some day. " Hating is more like... sad, " he says. " No one should not like something so much they hate it. Hate is so... um... much! Y'know? " Was he making sense?

And then he clears his throat to correct himself. It probably didn't, because he'd totally forgotten how to talk. " I mean, is it not? " Either way, he thinks he does quite good to remind Fluffykit that everything is true, and he had figured, once she had been reminded, she would snap out of it rather quickly... But this is in fact not the case!

" I know so! " he boldly declares. " Only good things happen to SkyClan! " He knew Blazestar was in SkyClan. He knew that. But it was probably for a good reason, right? The best of reasons, he bets. He had to be there, and he'd want Candorkit to inspire Fluffykit in his stead, absolutely. " And if anything bad does happen... I will fix it when I'm big! And if something bad happens before I'm big... which is quite soon, " he reminds both her and himself, lest they both find themselves... restful-less. " - the warriors will fix it! " That's what he's always been told.

• Love
Reactions: Marquette
Candorkit explains hating is sad, and Fluffykit nods thoughtfully, thinking that's closer to the truth than what she'd attempted to relate it to. "Do you hate anything, Candorkit? I promise I don't hate everything," she affirms, tucking her tail around her paws. "I only hate scary things, like monsters and foxes and dogs and adders."

Tufted ears twitch at the fervor in her companion's voice. "And if anything bad does happen... I will fix it when I'm big!" She lets out a tiny giggle. "That might be a long time, though," she warns. "But maybe you're right. Maybe the warriors can fix things..." She trails off, uncertain again. Despite the confidence Candorkit speaks with, she can't help but feel anchored by her persistent dread, by a baseless anxiety that does not fade even with reassurance. Fluffykit says, "Maybe that's what warriors are for. They're for fixing things. What do you think?" Is that what it would take for her to be able to make everyone safe—would she have to actually be a warrior?

The thought is so tenuous and distant that she struggles to grasp it. Apprenticeship is close, unfathomably so, and the thought sickens her, fills her with nameless terror, but warriorhood? She has somehow never pictured herself as a SkyClan warrior. She had pictured herself like Butterflytuft—sweet, mothering, safe in the nursery and away from the evils of the forest. But... she bites her lower lip, lost in thought.

• ooc:
  • imfwvC1.jpg
    — 5 moons old, ages realistically on the 8th.
    — penned by Marquette.

Reactions: CANDORPAW
Did he hate anything? No, of course... A warrior couldn't hate anything, with one very brave exception. Solemnly, he shakes his head. " The only things I hate... are things that harm my clanmates! " he proclaims with a puff of his chest and a flourish of his tail. Fluffykit hates scary things... he supposes this is fair! " It's alright to hate scary things, I think. If you hate monsters and foxes and dogs and adders... so do I! " he says. In this way, they can reach an uh... impress (?) If they hated scary things together, they would have the power to banish them as a team! Once they're both big, of course...

That might be a long time, though, she says, and Candorkit puffs up indignantly. " Nuh - uh! " he says, and then quickly corrects, " I mean, utterly untrue, my friend! " he expresses with bewilderment. Is this what the older kits thought of him? The apprentices and warriors too? This could not be! He plans to slay his first foe... right at the six moon mark! Maybe that's what warriors are for. He nods fervently in agreement. Exactly! " Yeah! " Fluffykit was beginning to understand...

" A lotta times in stories— in um, tails, " that's what you called them if you were cool " The leaders do leader-ing, and the warriors do warrior-ing, " profoundly, he explains. " But sometimes the Leaders don't want the warriors to do the warrior-ing, because they don't understand, or um, there's something they don't see! " Had Blazestar been like those silly Leaders? No, he would've both been a great leader and great warrior... "So it's us warriors job to — to do good and just! No matter what anyone says! Y'know? " expectantly, he tilts his head.