private ๐–๐ˆ๐‹๐ƒ ๐…๐‹๐Ž๐–๐„๐‘๐’ [ ORANGESTAR ]

Mar 4, 2024
Whenever Candorkit sees Orangestar, she's always doing important things. And he guesses that's the way things should be, with how important of a job she has. But that means he doesn't get a ton of chances to ask her all the things he wants to... cause even when he does see her, he has to take turns with alll the other kits, and he just doesn't have time for turns.

He's really lucky today, cause he spots her all by herself in camp. No important warriors were talking to her. No Medicine Cats were telling her StarClan secrets, all the other kits would be too distracted to make him take turns, so while nobody else is looking... (Okay, while a queen is looking, because otherwise he'd get in trouble), he goes to say hi. All he had is the time it takes to get from the nursery to Orangestar to think of the best question ever to ask her. What did he really wanna know?

" Hi, Orangestar. " Is his polite greeting. It isn't cool one, which is, greetings, Orangestar. He'd have to make sure to use that one next time. He just has other things on his mind right now... " I have a question... " Sitting down, he mews. " Were you and Blazestar friends... before or after you were deputy? "

// OOC: @Orangestar

Orangestar doesn't feel she's stopped since becoming leader. Everywhere she turns, her opinion is desired. It's become second nature, by now, but at the same time she doesn't often get the chance to take a moment and stare at the floor of her den quietly. It's nice, to a degree: Orangestar enjoys the bustle of a leader's life, not left alone with her thoughts for too long at a time.

She's found in her den today, a rare moment to herself disturbed by a polite, restrained kitten-mew. One ear flicks and she blinks a couple of times, stirring from the thoughts (or lack thereof, pleasantly) that preoccupy her.

"Candorkit." She greets him, polite in turn but with a special kind of warmth she reserves for the Clan's youngest members. He has a question? Her mind flashes to when her kits were the same age; always asking questions. Curious, learning. It's a good quality to have, so young. At the mention of Blazestar she sobers somewhat, blinking a couple of times and brought sharply back to reality. She flashes back, briefly, to when Bobbie's pregnancy had become clear to the Clan; to the kneejerk reaction of selfishness that she'd dropped upon the pair's shoulders. It's difficult to reconcile that with the wide-eyed tom before her now, newleaf eyes settled on her with yet-unanswered questions.

"After." Her answer comes quickly, and while she doesn't rise from her reclining position she beckons him closer with a flick of her tail. As if she were an elder, about to share a story. It's odd to think of their dynamic as a friendship: Orangestar certainly hadn't, for a very long time. A mutual trust, certainly, but she'd always thought of her predecessor as more of a pseudo-mentor than a friend. "Blazestar and I were on good terms for a long time, but it was only after he trusted me with the role of deputy that I'd say we became friends. Why?"

• ย 
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

[ art by pin ]
  • ORANGESTAR โœง she/her, leader of skyclan | eight lives

โ€” "a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."
    โ€” single ; mentoring springpaw & ashpaw
    โ€” speech is in #F18C47
    โ€” tags | penned by mercibun, contact on discord for plots.