private AND IF YOU'RE LONELY.. | periwinklebreeze

hollyhockpurr

Jun 17, 2024
A nightly figure ducks into the nursery, faintly illuminated by the sunrise behind her. Blue eyes contrast brightly against the dim den, though they take a moment to adjust. Inside the den, guarded densely since the recent attack, resides the Queens and their kits. There is a noticeable lack of Nightingalecry - the memory of her death aches in Hollyhockpurr's heart.

"Periwinklebreeze?" she calls softly into the burrow. Her voice is low and hushed, in effort not to wake the kittens. Shortly after, their eyes land upon the black smoke, whose dull eyes flutter open. In them she sees grief, and pain - it tugs on her heart. "Oh, Peri.." Hollyhockpurr mumbles mournfully. She cannot imagine losing so much in such a short amount of time. She did not need a littermate of her own to know how strong the bond can be. She could see it in his eyes now..

"Before the kits wake, will you come out? Just for a moment.. please?" Let me get a look at you, they plea. Let me see my old friend in their time of need.

@Periwinklebreeze.
  • hollyhockkit hollyhockpaw HOLLYHOCKPURR
    ━━ MOOR-RUNNER WARRIOR of WINDCLAN
    ━━ 24 MOONS,, ages every 1st
    ━━ demi-girl ; she/they, with no leaning preference
    ━━ NPC xx NPC
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to NONE
    ━━ HEALTH ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ | generally healthy​
  • base credits to velvtreill on th
    hollyhockpurr.png

• speech is #87B3E0

PLAY US LIKE PAWNS AND RELENTLESSLY CONFINE
INTO LIVING UP TO GENDER ROLES AND HAVING ABSENT MINDS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze 23 moons demi-boy windclan queen
82895788_uPPlp3McehSP0eh.png
As adrenaline fades, it leaves behind only exhaustion. He has lost so much in the span of a single night - his stomach feels like he's eaten crowfood, his chest aches with each and every breath. And yet, he does not cry - not yet, not now. He's shed his tears during the battle, and now he has to be strong - for his kits. For hers.

It takes every ounce of self control he has to ignore the empty space in his nest - to keep limbs from trembling, to keep voice for screaming. There is nothing he can do now except trust his fellow lead warrior - then hope and pray that starclan will be kind, will take pity on Vulturekit. Will allow them to return home safe.

As soft snuffles finally begin to echo through the nursery once more, Peri can only close his eyes and pray. For forgiveness, for leniency. For Starclan to take it out on him instead. It is not Vulturekits fault his father is cursed. So when familiar voice rings out, he swallows woodenly, eyes fluttering open to stare at midnight fur. Eyes damn and stinging, limbs ache and creak as he pulls himself to his paws in silence.

There is so much he could say - so much he should, and yet the words fail him. Jaw twitches, pained - and he can only stare mournfully at Hollyhockpurr. He has not been a good friend these past moons - not to her, not to Azaleafrost, not even to Gravelsnap. And yet... and yet, here she is anyways.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
Don't you think it's funny how they tell us how to live?​
Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids?​

A small, bittersweet smile falls onto Hollyhockpurr's maw as her old friend rises to his paws. She gives a silent dip of her head as if to say 'thank you', then beckons him forward to lead the two out of the den. "Let's talk," they murmur, giving his sleeping kits a soft glance before turning and ducking out of the den.

The horizon shines with reds and pinks, fading into a soft baby blue dotted with sparse clouds. Today will be beautiful, they think. "Maybe we should talk a walk later," Hollyhockpurr comments thoughtfully to herself. Perhaps Periwinklebreeze could use the time out.

She takes a seat some tail-lengths away from the den and wraps her white-tipped tail around her paws, but not before beckoning for her friend to sit next to her. He looks so small and ghostly after everything he's been through, with a gaze so soft and sorrowful it stabs at her heart. In a few moments of silence, Hollyhockpurr leans forward to press her nose against Periwinklebreeze's nose. "We haven't talked in a while," she admits. They hadn't talked regularly since before the journey, they recognize, though there had been some awkward attempts since. "I'm.. sorry. I wished I was here more than I was."

Warriorhood had been busy for both of them, though she lacked the same excuses Periwinklebreeze did. Becoming a lead warrior, raising kits.. she guessed it took a lot out of a cat, more than just spare time. Hollyhockpurr, well.. after the rebellion, she was just like any other - hunting, patrolling, defending. Where was she, all this time? She thought she was doing the right thing, respecting the space he needed..

"I'm here now," she reaffirms in a meek voice. A reassurance to both herself and to Periwinklebreeze, if he needs it. She still can't help but worry if this is a promise she could keep. Bright blue eyes meet Peri's soft lavender with concern. "I want to know.. are you okay?"
  • hollyhockkit hollyhockpaw HOLLYHOCKPURR
    ━━ MOOR-RUNNER WARRIOR of WINDCLAN
    ━━ 24 MOONS,, ages every 1st
    ━━ NPC xx NPC
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to NONE
    ━━ HEALTH ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ | generally healthy​
  • base credits to velvtreill on th
    hollyhockpurr.png

• speech is #87B3E0