camp 16 MIRRORS ‧₊˚✩彡 STRANGE SPOTS

He was finally free from the medicine cat den, Fireflypaw deemed him well enough to join the other warriors, but he wanted to stretch his limbs out in the middle of camp. He hoped none of the warrior's decided to grab him immediately and force him to go on a patrol considering he was just made a free tom a few moments ago. What was peculiar was the staring he received from some apprentices. He was used to being stared at. Scorned even, but the look those apprentices held were not made out of disgust, only shock. Is it my scars? A black paw is brought to his damaged eye, tracing raised tissue. It was all part of healing, but Fireflypaw had told him his sight couldn't. After he had explained to Fireflypaw they looked fuzzy and was once clear wasn't, the apprentice looked upon him in sorrow. Partial blindness. There was nothing that could be done for that. He would have to adjust. But apprentices have seen scars, so why are they looking at me funny?

The black tom couldn't have known that like his mother many moons ago he developed white spots. However, they developed on his face. Streaks of white below his eyes, on his brows, and cheeks. Ever clueless to this change, yet moved by frustration he turns to a nearby clanmate. "Do I look funny? Or something bad is going on?"

// an open in which crow has vitiligo (triggered by stress)! feel free to have your oc be the one he talked to!

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

well this was not what he was expecting. not at all. as he laid in the sun, trying to take another nap, small gasps and whispers made him instinctively look up. usually he can sleep through it without a problem but something told him he wanted to see what was happening and he totally did. squinting his eyes he perked up as crowsight came out of the medicine cat den. quickly he stands up and makes his way over to crowsight, gently bumping against his brother and nervously smiling.

"n-not to alarm you, cr-crowie but uh. you're t-turning white?"

he doesn't know what to think! his mind certainly isn't in a logical state right now because all he sees is his brother becoming polkadotted! what a start to any day!

Turning white? Now, that sounded like it could prove interesting - Kurt had heard before that kittens' eyes changed from blue to any given color when they were a certain age, but he'd not heard of a cat turning white before - and it certainly seemed that that was the case here, as Kurt moseyed over to Drowsynose's side and took in the appearance of the tom with the scar over his eye.

"Yes, I take it he was all black before?" Kurt mused as he took in the sight of the tom; the wound over his eye still seemed relatively fresh, but Kurt was no stranger to seeing cats with scars. It seemed only logical that some living in the forest might have some the same as rogues and loners did. "Unless you are white and just happen to be extremely dirty, Drowsynose speaks the truth." He confirms.
  • !
  • KURT daylight warrior of skyclan, twenty-eight moons
    speaks with a German accent
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted.
    penned by Archivist.archivist on discord.

Free from Fireflypaw’s watchful, perhaps bordering on suffocating, gaze herself, Sorrelsong was becoming more accustomed to the change in her body. Scars were scattered on her frame, and though they burned under the sun they made her feel more like a warrior.
When Crowsight emerged, similarly marked a warrior, she found it important to give him an encouraging nod but found something more unexpected. Spots.
Not wanting to be rude, she attempted to avoid staring, moving her gaze anywhere else, but Nightcrawler and Drowsynose joined first and made it much easier - if not socially acceptable - to comment on the changes.
“I think it suits you,” she offers, hoping to calm the now black and white warrior.

thoughts

"speech

•  

• pagedoll-png.1774

— A chocolate point tabby molly with icy blue eyes and a slightly uneven pelt. She has small scars on her back, her shoulders and a slightly crocked tail.

— 44 moons old; ages the 1st of every month

— aro/ace. ; currently not looking

— child of NPC and NPC :: sibling to Duskpool, Shadowfire and Smokefang

— Mentoring Flora

— Sky Clan; warrior since 3/11/24 ; loyal to Orangestar, Flora, and Duskpool

— Not hard to befriend ; trusts easily

"speech", thoughts, attacking

— peaceful powerplay allowed

The chocolate torbie point finds themselves a little hesitant to even be perceived by their big brother. He was a fierce warrior, a tom who was loyal to and fought for SkyClan, someone that Lionkit looked up to. And yet, whenever they attempt to talk to Crowsight, they find themselves intimidated. He is aloof toward Lionkit and their littermates, unlike Fireflypaw and Drowsynose and the others who loved playing with and talking to their young siblings. Crowsight is undoubtedly one that Lionkit did not know much about ( aside from his ThunderClan kin ). He wants to change that because, well, they were blood. He wanted to be closer to his family... but how? Crowsight didn't seem to want to give them a chance.

Lionkit, before they could duck back into the nursery, perked up when Drowsynose brought something alarming to Crowsight's attention. "Turning white...?" The kit mews, furrowing his brows and slowly padding closer to get a better look at his brother. He had not really seen Crowsight since before his medicine den stay, but it appeared that Drowsynose was right. Crowsight was turning white.

The torbie frowns, curious blue hues still dancing from freckle to freckle. Lionkit agrees that this new "development" does not necessarily look bad, but... what could it mean? "Maybe you should see Fi?" Again, at least? They hoped that Crowsight wouldn't have to be readmitted into the medicine den moments after he'd been released, but... what if he really was sick? Lionkit didn't want his brother to be sick.

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"See me for what, little brother?" Fireflypaw's voice carries a hint of worry as he steps out of the medicine den, the mention of his name enough for him to appear like a spirit following close. Milky hues flutter for a moment, head turning in the direction of Crowsight's voice. Many were talking about how white spots are developing on Crowsight's face, and though he had never seen anyone with such a phenomenon happen to them, he supposed it wasn't deadly if Crow didn't feel ill.

A paw reaches out then as he closes the distance between his newly freckled younger brother, pressing into his face ever so gently to feel if there was a bump besides the fresh scarring of his eye. To his pleasure, there was none- this was an aesthetic change, meaning that his brother would be just fine. "Worry not, Crowsight. Your fur color is just changing, there are no bumps or sores to explain this... Change." He speaks softly, head tilting to the side as he backs away to let the others ogle at the new addition to their fellow warrior's appearance.

A smile cracks the calm exterior of his face then. "I'm sure you look handsome, brother." He compliments in agreement with the others, wishing in this moment he could see again- just this once. A quick glance at family to etch his appearance into memory, so that he may never forget that face again. Alas, the world had different plans for him. "It suits you." He echoes the words of Sorrelsong, seating himself beside Lionkit.​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 22 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

The warrior can't help but frown when his own brother opens conversation with saying not to be alarmed. Do you want me to be alarmed? Why mention that first? His displeasure is eased when Drowsynose explains that he is turning white, and at the mention of such news is met with surprise. "White?" He begins to look down at his paws and limbs, but there is only black. This better not be a prank! If it is, very funny Drowsy. I am laughing. Before he ask his brother to elaborate another warrior makes themselves known. Black fur bristles, startled from Kurt's closeness.

A huff leaves his maw as Kurt addresses his brother, quite annoyed that his lack of vision from his newly scarred eye caused him to be startled so easily and from the older tom's lack of acknowledgement. Either way, he begins to smooth down his fur, hazel eyes gazing at Kurt who stares at his features. Whiskers twitch and nose scrunches. "I am not white. I was born with black fur and I am not dirty." Perhaps Kurt should thank Sorrelsong interrupting, had she not... The young warrior would tackle Kurt. Even though it was not in his best interest in scuffling with clanmates given his recent release from the medicine cat den.

Her words ground him. The frustration and irritation he felt fades into nothingness. She says that it suits him. Having white fur. Crowsight can't see what the others can unless he goes to the river later to gaze at his reflection, but his thoughts drift. Drift to Bobbie when she suddenly had white spots. It had been so long since then that remembering her without spots was bizarre. It no longer seemed right, yet he can remember. Remember when his mother still had her collar. When she lacked the spots on her tail, face, and limbs. When she still had those strange things on her ears, when she still had her left eye, and when she was happy.

"I think it suits you."

Did it really? Ears flick when a familiar voice reaches his ears. When he looks down he sees none other than Lionkit. His... Younger brother. One he has avoided all this time. Typically this is the moment where he would turn away and pad off into the distance. Lionkit would know what that meant. It was the silent message: I want nothing to do with you. However, his paws remain rooted as the torbie takes a good look at him. A stoic expression remains, giving away nothing to his younger brother. Even as the kit expresses some concern, bringing up their older brother. And Fireflypaw ever kind saunters over, reaches out to him.

In order to help his brother (even if he didn't need it), the warrior leans forward so inky paws press into his face. You're always so gentle. A lone hazel eye trails to Lionkit. I still can't feel any warmth. And for a moment he swears Blazestar is looking back at him with an undiscernible expression. Then, there is Skyclaw beside the golden tom. I need to change. His attention returns to his brother, who has given him a diagnosis. "That's good to hear. I'm not sure why my fur is changing color, but my mother had this happen to her too. She didn't used to have the white spots she has now, so maybe I got it from her? Either way, as long as I'm not ill, then turning white isn't terrible."

Firefly proceeds to surprise him once more by smiling at him. It's moments like these between them where he truly believes his brother can see him. The ghostly blue eyes tell him otherwise, but his heart sings. Even if they were not related by blood, he would lay down his life for Fireflypaw. Was that not love? Would Lupinesong tell him it was wrong too? However, his brother with the kindest smile that could ever grace the forest told him he was handsome... He could believe. Believe for a moment that he was not monstruous. Crowsight can only beam towards his brother, "Thank you."

How much time passes between them is unknown and he doesn't care if the others see him genuinely happy. His smile doesn't fade even as his brother moves away from him to allow the others to get a better look at him for a short while. As if to make up for his less than stellar attitude towards Drowsynose, he moved forward to nuzzle his cheek against his brother. A chuff rumbles from his throat, "I'm gonna miss cats mistaking us."

And to everyone's (maybe not Kurt's) surprise he does the unexpected. Crowsight who wants nothing to do with his younger siblings approaches Lionkit, actually acknowledges them by stopping in front of the Tobie. His hulking figure looms over the small kit. Drowsynose has ever right to be concerned. If his littermate called out to him, their voice would go ignores as he lifts a black paw slowly to brush the fur atop Lionkit's head. A small smile would greet the kit. "Don't worry. I'm not sick. I just look a little different is all."