private IT HELPS ME FEEL AT EASE | periwinklekit

ASPENPAW_

QUAMOBREM
Oct 12, 2022
( ) So much had been happening recently - just trying to think about it all practically makes Aspenpaw's head feel like its spinning. She's an apprentice now, and even newly appointed it's still kept her busy, even if quite a bit of that simply involves chores around camp. It's still hard to wrap her head around it - Aspenpaw, not Aspenkit any longer - though her new duties have helped keep her from slipping up. To think, so much about her life has changed because of such a simple name change. Perhaps one of her favorite things about the change is that she's been able to leave camp and experience a taste of the vastness of the world around her in a way she never could have imagined. Aspenpaw isn't even sure she could put into words how she felt seeing the moorlands stretch on and on into the distance - it certainly makes her feel small. All the new sights and scents are still a bit overwhelming (it's hard to even imagine ever getting used to how different things are out there!), but she's determined to learn every inch of Windclan's territory, to know every dip and scraggly bush scattered about the land.

In her jaws, she holds something else new, also related to something else that had happened. Aspenpaw weaves her way through camp, with only one destination in mind - to visit Periwinklekit. The thought makes her tail droop - he should be Periwinklepaw alongside her, should have been out seeing the moor for the first time by her side, but some mysterious sickness had resulted in her brother falling too ill to be apprenticed at the same time. Watching Periwinklekit collapse out of nowhere had terrified Aspenpaw, and she hadn't wanted to leave his side until he was better; unfortunately, whatever was wrong with him didn't seem to want to let him out of its clutches just yet. Instead of staying by his side, Aspenpaw's opted to visit him as often as she can, and has been trying to make sure he has enough water and something to eat whenever he has an appetite, but she's had a nagging feeling that it's not been enough.
While out of camp (still such an exciting prospect), she had come across a clump of soft-looking blue flowers, and she had thought of Periwinklekit. They weren't exactly impressive - frankly, the blossoms looked a bit scraggly with Leaf-fall beginning to set in - and yet they still clung on, waving gently in the breeze. Before heading back to camp, Aspenpaw had grabbed a couple, hoping they might brighten Periwinklekit's day a bit - after all, she's only just seen these flowers for the first time, and she's hoping that he hasn't seen them at all. "Periwinklekit? Are you up? I brought something I thought you might wanna see," she calls out softly, dropping the flowers and a clump of wet moss to the ground near her paws.
( WE'RE ALL JUST SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING )

PERFECT LITTLE PUNCHING BAG
periwinklekit | 03 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff

Weary and aching - he feels as though a warrior has jumped on him and crushed his very being - there's not much to do to pass the time between dandelionpaws attempts at 'helping him (part of peri still thinks its just an excuse to torture him) beside stare blankly at the wall and count the various leaves and twigs and blades of grass. Feeling more fragile than ever, the excited voice of his sister draws him from his thoughts, and a quick jerk of his head has him twisting and scrabbling to get situated in such a way that aspenkit can join him. "H-h-hi," he manages weakly, a bright smile on his lips despite it all. "Wh-what'cha g-g-g-got there?" he asks, blinking as he tries to see the bundle of plantlife at her paws.

( ) As Periwinklekit moves aside, Aspenpaw takes the opportunity to scoot a little closer to her brother, attempting to brush her cheek comfortingly against his. Again, she thinks that it's not fair that he's stuck in Dandelionpaw's den feeling so miserable - if she could, she'd swap places with him so he'd have a chance to see the world outside of camp's walls, too. She nudges the flowers a little closer to give him a better view. "Well, I was out with Weaselclaw and I found these pretty flowers I've never seen before, and I thought about how you like to give cool stuff like that to everyone else, so I brought some back because I thought it might cheer you up a little," she tells him, settling in closer. "You can keep 'em or give 'em to someone else - I don't mind," Aspenpaw adds with a thoughtful hum. As long as Periwinklekit is happy, she'll be happy too, whether that be accomplished by making others happy in turn or otherwise.

"When you feel better I can show you where they came from, and there's some other cool stuff I can show you, too," she offers, soft excitement shining in her eyes. Even if she has to wait moons for him to feel good enough to leave camp, it will be well worth it, and she'll spend the time cataloging all the things she thinks he'll enjoy seeing and doing. In the meantime, she can keep bringing him little pieces of all of her adventures, and stories, too, if he's feeling up to it. Whatever Periwinklekit wants, Aspenpaw will do her best to provide it, especially now when she knows he's still not well. It's certainly worrying that he's been sick this long and Dandelionpaw hasn't found a way to fix it yet, but she's already decided there's no use in stressing her brother out any more than he surely already is, so she tries to make she's always in good spirits while visiting, just as he, too, does his best to be cheerful despite the circumstances.

PERFECT LITTLE PUNCHING BAG
periwinklekit | 03 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff

Peri can only smile brightly, his heart full of warmth at his sisters thoughtfulness. He stares down at the blossoms, paw slowly reaching out to cradle them ever so carefully, gentle and soft. "Th-thank you," he says quietly, greatful. He tucks them purposefully into his nest - the grass and moss and scraps of fur is soft, but it lacks the personal touch of their nest in the nursery. No flowers or stones are interesting things to be found - only bitter tasting herbs who's sharp scent only make him want to sneeze more. "I'll k-k-kee-p them forev-er," he stammers, promising.

( ) The way that Periwinklekit accepts the flowers in such an obviously touched manner makes Aspenpaw's heart feel light - after all, she's not usually the one giving out gifts like this, and she wasn't entirely sure how much he would like it. Flowers aren't exactly the most permanent of things in her (admittedly limited) experience, though in the moment she had only been reminded of her sibling. Something about the color, she thinks, though it's possible she had just wished that he could have been there with her out of camp. She watches as he adds them to his nest, the little blips of blue standing out amongst the other colors, and her smile deepens. "I'm glad you like them. When I was carrying them back, I wasn't sure, since I know you already have plenty of other interesting things," she admits after his promise.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Aspenpaw finds that her gaze is still drawn back to the flowers. Forever, huh? Just a few moons ago, becoming a warrior had seemed like it would take forever, and while it still feels far away, it feels more attainable now, in a way. Perhaps forever is closer than any of them realizes. "I wonder what they'll look like when we're all grown up," she muses aloud. "I mean, since flowers probably don't live that long. Do you think they'll lose their color completely?" she clarifies, looking back up at Periwinklekit. Really, she's never specifically watched a flower die, only noticed the plant life getting scarcer as the weather grows colder, so maybe the flowers will stay the same even after they're all long gone. For Peri's sake, Aspenpaw hopes they stay just as vibrant as they are now, so that maybe they can keep on cheering him up for moons to come.