sensitive topics THIS WORLD IS MINE // attempt to join

D

DAZZLEPAW

// TW for stinky mom with stinky thoughts about her own kit ):

How long had it been she wonderd?. Since she had left this cats behind right before the great battle. A wise decision back then for sure but now leafbare was here and Rain needed a shelter to reside in. Beside that she had been told that lil parasite of hers was residing here on the moors now. So much had happened since she had been away...had it not?. How fortunate of them all that she was back now to return. They should all feel so grateful and honored that she had picked this place out of the lot. Rain was expecting nothing more but a warm welcome back. Obviously someone around here would recognize her. She had been living in that disgusting swamp land since she had been young after all...How much she had done for them back in the day, even giving birth to four...or was it five kits?. Oh who cared or counted this days. They were all dead and buried underneath the cold ground now, and she couldn't be any more thankful to finally have got freed from that awful motherhood. It had been the best decision to leave that remaining kit behind... to punish them for simply existing.

Aha, but it was different now. You see, Rain had have a changed of heart. How much she might depise that lil leech she had given birth to he still belonged to her, being apart of her. They shared blood. she had carried them inside of her for nine weeks which had been the most hellish of her life. So of course he owned her everything. His life, his devotion. Oh, he would come crawling back to her like the bloodsucking leech he was. Mother was the only one who could ever accept a such abomination like him, to love him in the only way he deserved.

So she wore a smirk, a confident one as she stood on the border, waiting patiently for them to embrace her return. Soon, very soon they would reunite. Momma has finally come home. [

// dont feel like you must accept Rain, it's 100% optional if they decide to take her in or not, it wont affect the plots i have. Just a reminder no one knows about how awful of a mother she was to leech (: but of course they can be suspicious!

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

The tabby warrior had not dwelled in the marshes that Sootstar had been born in, and so the smug-looking she-cat who sits at their border smiling at the oncoming patrol is only a bold-faced stranger to him. He lifts his tail in a signal to @ASPENPAW to halt before he stalks close to the cat just outside their scent markers.

"This is WindClan territory, and you're awfully close to trespassing," he snarls, teeth bared in warning. "State your business, and quick, if you know what's good for you." The only reason he does not launch himself across their territory line and attack her with claws unsheathed is because he knows Sootstar and Duskfire have been scheming with rogues. He doesn't recognize this one, though they all blended together in his head.

↞ RACE THE WINDS
Galeforce fell in line behind Weaselclaw and he cast his gaze towards the she-cat that graced their border with her presence. An... unnerving presence. Galeforce couldn't quite pin it but something about her made him feel uneasy, but he tried to hide his feelings behind the usual veil of a smile. Unlike Weaselclaw he wasn't interested in flashing teeth, not yet anyway. He simply waited for an answer, something that would reveal a little more about the stranger at their door.

He was not on this patrol, he was not on any patrol, Dandelionwish was left to his own whims most the time but he had come out here with the intent to check on something; mostly whether or not the plants were wilting yet, and so he stumbled across the scene. The loner's scent was sharp, unfamiliar and he padded over to offer Galeforce a cautious smile before standing alongside him behind Weaselclaw. The medicine cat didn't often get to see new joiners anymore, so caught up in his den and keeping track of everything there and what he needed and what he wouldn't have, that he rarely saw cats until they were already brought to camp. And also, he felt some kind of way that perhaps the two warriors already present could use some backup. It never hurt have another paw on hand and he was confident enough in his combat he felt capable to assist if it came to blows; nightly practice with Coldsnap and his own regime of practice while out and about kept him and his claws sharp.
"Howdy Galeforce, don't think I got to tell ye that the warrior name suits ya." He didn't often show up to the meetings, he was usually too preoccupied to care most the time but he idly paid attention to most of them. "Hope the latter won't be necessary, ye know."
A nervous laugh catches on the tom's words, he clears his throat to rid himself of it. Stars hope they didn't need the 'force'.

Unlike Dandelionwish, Mallowlark was on this patrol- and what an exciting one! A new face, shadowed at the border-side... or not shadowed, but perhaps a wraith! Oh, this place was full of ghosts... be it ghosts of the dead or ghosts of the past! Skipping to the scene, balance somehow-perfectly-kept despite the uncanny left-tilt of his head, the large white tom closed in, grin ever-intact. A snowy ear flicked at their medicine cat's words- a joke spilling from his mahogany-hued maw, or something akin to it.

"HAH- use the latter, good wuh-huh-nnn!" Snickers skittered across his tone, his amusement ever-clear; that was a good joke! Oh, how it made life here ever-more bearable when people partook in puns... toothy grin agape, he let his laughter flow, seemingly apathetic toward the stranger and entirely focused on providing cackling ambience for the fairly serious exchange happening nearby. He could listen and laugh... how would he have gotten this far without the ability to multitask?
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

IS IT OVER YET - CAN I OPEN MY EYES?
periwinklepaw | 04 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff

Not yet used to patrols, Periwinklepaw wonders absently if they find strangers upon their lands very often. He hopes not. He doesn't want to have to fight - to chase them off. He doesn't even want to see it. Eyeing the molly warily, he hovers towards the back of the group, giving a small smile as dandelionwish arrives on the scene. Mallow's cackling has him huffing out a small laugh and rolling his eyes fondly - lips unturned into a quirk of a smile. He doesn't really understand the strange tom, but he certainly makes things interesting around here.

What a...disappointing sight of cats, truly. Rain was absolutely mortified by this pathetic crowd that came up to greet her in such a dreadful way. None of thier faces she could recognize which was a true...shame. She had no clue what sort of cats this one was or where they actually came from. Rain had heared disturbing stories about that the clans were all mixed with filthy kittypet blood. In a general opinion by her first impression they were all acting like immature kits. She decided to pay no attention to the gossips her attention eventually falling back the first one...the unattractive one who dared speak to her in such a hostile way. Oh, she would hold her tongue but not without a grudge.

" Well, that's obivious." She stated in a matter of fact, her face revealing no emotions at all. Why else would she have stayed by the border if she hadn't known such a thing existed?. He might have tried to make her sounds stupid but...she truly wonderd which one of them lacked a brain here...

If he wanted to get straight to the point fine with her. Rain didn't like to waste her time anyway. " The name's Rain and i have come to join you. I used to live in the marsh group. I have heared my dear son lives here among you. His name's Leech, i take it you have all taken well care of him?." The words would dance pleasantly on her tongue like sweet honey, smooth and elegant speaking. She would give a smile only a mother would give to their child, only that hers was a smile of a viper. Her pale green eyes remained coldly indifferent. It was always best to give her what she wanted or else someone was going to pay for it.

Never displease her. Never not give her what she desired or....dreadful things would happen. Tick-tock, the time was ticking. What would windclan's decision be?. Oh, only time would say. But it better be something pleasant to these self-claimed queens ears. Rain would always get what she wanted, in one or another way.

Spirits drawn forward by the sound of voices, with @hyacinthbreath not too far behind her. They'd been practicing hunting, something Spirit isnt exactly the best at until she had scented a newcomer and now here she was. Her muzzle scrunches up and she looks to her mentor with a metaphorically cocked eyebrow. Spirit didn't like mothers. Or, at least, the absent kind that did not care for their childs wellbeing, the kind that her own mother was. It ignited a fire in her bones, anger as the other grinned like they were prey.

"So why did you just now come?" her fur bristled. Leech was someone she didn't exactly know and didn't plan to know, his temper being oddly reminiscent to someone she knew, but he was her clanmate and if he had a horrible mother like she did then she'd fight for it. "And watch your tone!" she puts her head up in the air, pushing her chest out as she glances expectantly between Weaselclaw and her mentor. She huffs, falling besides Hyacinth with a grumble under her breath. She didn't like these know-it-alls from outside the clan.
"speech"​

Reactions: DAZZLEPAW
ab67616d00001e02dab7f2a301c34bb398175b8a
♚ Soft paw steps carried the silvery molly over, long and whispy tail placing itself on the spine of Spiritpaw. To soothe, to calm- Violet tinted hues glance downwards to the small molly before she offers a gentle smile to Spiritpaw. Reassurance. Then, her gaze slowly draws upwards; neck craning and fur spiking along her back in warning.

I have heared my dear son lives here among you. His name's Leech

"What kind of mother names their son after such a creature?" Hyacinthbreath asks breathlessly, brain simmering with the cusp of bubbling anger. Despite this, her facial expression never shifted- the stoic apathy never left. She doesn't hear the words of the others, though she instinctively moves closer to Weaselclaw; guarding his flank. It was up to Weaselclaw to allow her to stay, after all. "What makes you think you deserve to be here? We have enough mouths to feed." Hyacinthbreath asks with a glare, tail-tip flicking against Spiritpaw's spine. Periwinklepaw chuckles at Mallowlark's haughty laughter, and she only wished she could be amused in this moment as well. He was a funny lad, despite being a bit disturbing.

"Peri," Hyacinthbreath calls out to her son softly, accented tune of her voice a warning to the apprentice. He should be careful, especially to strangers. "Can you smell anything on this molly, Spiritpaw?" She leans down to nudge her apprentice, paws shuffling on the ground. Sure, she could smell like the marshes. But Hyacinthbreath couldn't really care less. ​
dasj6kh-fcc362f4-4eae-4ea0-ab51-566d06091b70.png

• Love

His chatting with Mallowlark kept him goodspirited up until the she-cat finally spoke and her introduction was a little less than to be desired. "Ye mean OUR son? Ye know, since ye didn't raise'em and left'em here that means he ain't yers no more." Dandelionwish, usually compassionate to newcomers and more than willing to greet them politely while his clanmates bristled, found himself stepping forward to stand on Weaselclaw's other side and both mismatched eyes narrowed at the cat who claimed to be Leechpaw's mother, "Even gave'em a better name m'self! So ah've called dibs. My kid now and we ain't got room for cats who can't even raise their own kits! Prolly means ye ain't worth shit as clanmate who'll provide." A light bump was given to the lead warrior as he leaned in suddenly, perhaps a little too forceful but he wanted the tabby to know he was not having this and while the decision was on the older tom entirely he was already making plans to make this woman's life a living hell if she got in. Maybe he'd put that water hemlock to good use...

• Haha

Tch, what a annoying bunch this ones turned out to be. They really were testing her patience here that was for sure. Rain remained calm as she listened to their little tantrum over oh what a horrible mother she was like Leech had been some sort of saint. She blinked her eyes at first staring down at the young apprentice with snake-looking eyes. Vermin. Stars, what she hated brats. " My, you all are really quick to judge a cat. " she spoke calmly, keeping her tone relaxed. " I did not leave my child by choice. I was taken by this vile two walking creatures and thrown into the gap of thier monsters...I was only able to escape now. My heart has been bleeding to get to see my son again. That is why i'm here now." she lied through her teeth without no shame in her body. Was that a good enough answer to the kit?. Twitching her whiskers, the mother gave a calm flink of her tail before she would face the other two. First she adressed the one who had pointed out the name she had picked for her son.

" The same mother who would name their kit to fox, when we are constantly cursing thier name, or to spider, or snake..or why not rat?. I fail to see your point in that argument, and i have the right to pick a name i like for my kits. It's nobody else's business than my own." so shut your mouth and know your place. She didn't need to explain herself to them. It was insulting that they would question her choice of name for her own kits.

The sepia tom was rambling about nonsense. He really was a joke to listen to. His son?. Oh please...what sort of sad joke was this suppose to be?. Was this one even an adult?. Rain was left bemused, lacking to see the humour and only found this to be ridiculous. " It that is what you think why not bring my son over here and let him decide on his own who his family is?. I'm quite sure he is adult enough by now to make his own decisions in life." This one was really exhausting to listen too. It was starting to get on her nerve, and it didn't help with all hormones that was going on underneath.

They question her worth, asking why she should be allowed in. Like she had anything to prove to them. But she was not giving up just yet. Rain had never been one who cared about others opinions on her. If she wanted something that was just how it was going to be.
" Well first, i'm a skilled hunter so that would be of use, and seceondly...i'm an expecting mother." she would draw her own tail across her swollen and growing belly, smiling slightly. " I can give you strong warriors in the future." and were they really so coldhearted they would turn away a pregnant mother who was less then halfway to birth?, in the middle of leafbare?.

Yes, that was why she was really here. Rain refused to look after kits all on her own in the middle of the leafbare. Somebody else would have to take that responsbility, to make sure she got well feeded or else...there was many ways of getting ride of unwanted...vermins.

( ) "You don't watch your tongue, the only thing you can expect is your innards to become out-ards," Sickly sweet tone, like rotten honey and fruit, sang through the air as the albino strode forward, powder blue eyes twinkling with macabre interest. Where there was a crowd, Mantissong made it a point to be apart of it as to not miss any potential gossip and blackmail. She flashed a smile that didn't reach her cold, cruel gaze, coming to stand about three steps from Weaselclaw's shoulder, raising her nose to leer down at the mouthy queen on the other side of the border. Perhaps her offer to produce warriors would sway others, but Mantissong cared not what she had to offer, rather the personality. The way she spoke grated like claws on flint, knowing that if she joined, that'd be more competition around the clan for attention. Big personality, just like Mantissong, something she didn't like.

"Mmm, if you're so good at hunting, why are you on our border? Screams... desperate if you ask me," She hummed with faux innocence, sparing a suspicious-looking glance to Weaselclaw, hoping he'd pick up what she's insinuating. It was a bluff, obviously. If a cat is able to live on their own, capable, then they have no reason to join a clan as far as she is concerned. It was the ones that were either too stupid to live on their own, or those who desired more in life then just living that pushed them to seek out companionship like this. Especially given how the other spoke of her child, Tick-or-whatever, Mantissong doubted they truly were here for a cushy family reunion.
( NOT SUCH A BAD BITCH WHEN I'M ON MY OWN ; THRIFT STORE SWEATER WITH THE HOLES )

IS IT OVER YET - CAN I OPEN MY EYES?
periwinklepaw | 04 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff

Only slightly deterred by hyacinth's scolding, he offers an apologetic smile her way. He'd promised himself after all that he was going to do this whole apprenticeship thing his way, at least as much as possible. He doesn't understand why he has to be serious all the time just because he's a 'paw now. The smile quickly falls from his face as the stranger reveals not only her name but why she's here.

Leechpaw has never spoken much about his past - at least not to peri. Perhaps not at all. But that doesn't mean there aren't rumors. As dandelionwish rightfully points out, he'd arrived here an orphan. And one with some scars that couldn't be seen. His own might be of a different, self-inflicted kind, but it takes one to know one. "L-l-leave lee-chpaw a-lon-e," he stammers, the slim boy rising to his full height for once, pelt twitching and bristling. "H-he d-d-doesn't need y-you," he's grown fond of the older boy, and while it's not the same kind of warmth he feels when he's around dustpaw or nettlepaw, there's definitely something there.

He doesn't say or do anything else - he won't fight her if it comes down to that, not that he even knows how, but he will certainly glare at her with barely concealed venom in his pale gaze. Cats like her - who abandon their kits, accidentally or not, shouldn't be allowed to be mothers. He can't imagine any world where he would ever do such a thing to his future kits after all. Can't imagine a world where moonshadow or even hyacinthbreath would abandon them.

↞ RACE THE WINDS
Galeforce was somewhat surprised when Dandelionwish came up to join them as they confronted the she-cat at their border, though he beamed a pleased grin when the other complimented his name. He offered a quiet thanks before returning his focus to the immediate matter at hand. So, this was Leechpaw's mother? He didn't like the guy, but his mother was making him feel physically sick! He wasn't overly keen on the idea of letting the bitch take a single step inside their territory, but he knew ultimately that such a choice would come down to the higher ups.

However, he felt a prickle of shock travel up the length of his spine. "She's pregnant?" As much as he was growing to hate Rain he certainly didn't want the unborn kits to suffer. Or worse, to be left purely in her care. Conflicted, that's how he felt now.