pafp SHRINE DECORATION \ offering

Though she can’t understand Gravelsnap’s interest in being friends with Periwinklebreeze, Bluepaw is admittedly fond of the black and white warrior. His gift to her when she’d first started her training had been carefully dried, and though the blue petals are somewhat faded, she’d woven its remnants into her nest. It’d been thoughtful—blue like her fur, he’d said. She has seen her friend’s stone collection, has seen the way he moves them with careful precision, as though unknown meaning is assigned to each.

Her approach may be unexpected, but she announces herself by clearing her throat. Bluepaw sets the little stone at their paws before blinking up at Gravelsnap. She inclines her head in a curtsy. “I found this and thought you might like it.” It’s a small, very smooth stone, marbled with gray, silver, and white. She’d found it close to the surface of one of the tunnels, and it’s almost bluish when caught in direct sunlight. “Please, accept my gift.” Her oddly robotic words are said with a princesslike cadence.

@GRAVELSNAP

•  
  • bluekit . bluepaw
    — she/her, apprentice of windclan
    — bisexual ; single
    — long-haired blue she-cat with white and green eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — art by Meg

Gravelsnap does not consider himself an overly friendly cat. He has friends and those who he cares about, but they are few and far between. And only a couple are anywhere close to his age—he spends more of his time around friends such as Badgermoon and Houndthistle than anyone else. But he does have friends. Firefang is his friend. Periwinklebreeze is his friend. And Bluepaw is his friend—though she is quite the strange apprentice, he thinks. She is nearly the opposite of her sister Cottonpaw in every way. But she is kind, in her own manner, and a smile crosses Gravelsnap’s face as she approaches and sets a stone at his paws. She is just as reticent as ever, even when giving him a gift as a friend would.

He reaches out with an alabaster paw to pull the stone closer, inspecting it with narrowed hazel eyes. As he looks at it, the young warrior thinks that the stone reflects the cat who’s brought it to him. Just as she is, it is streaked in blue and white under the sun, dainty and pristine. "I do like it. Thank you," he says, words paired with a rare, bright grin directed at Bluepaw. As he looks at it, the young warrior thinks that the stone reflects the cat who’s brought it to him. Just as she is, it is streaked in blue and white under the sun, dainty and pristine. "Where did you find this? It’s amazing."
[ you put the fun into dysfunction ]

Despite their last interaction, Larkfeather still held Bluepaw in high regard. While Snakepaw was a known bully, Bluepaw.. well, the lilac warrior decided she didn’t know enough about her to hold a grudge, or even an opinion about the whole ordeal.
She’s nearby Gravelsnap doing her own busy work when the glimmer of the apprentices gift catches her eye.
Larkfeather attention is captured just as Bluepaw slides the rock over to Gravelsnap, and despite her peculiar demeanor, a soft grin spreads on Larkfeather’s expression all the same.
”That’s really pretty, Bluepaw!” The bubbly molly chimes in as she shuffles closer to Gravelsnap to get a better look, blinking up at the stone-faced apprentice again.
”I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that.” Larkfeather hums in brief thought, charmed by the mottle of the stone and the slight sheen to it.

”Speech.”
[ YOUR SILVER LINING ]

Despite his own proximity to Sootstar's bloodline, Sunstride cannot say that he knows much of Bluepaw at all. She seemed a studious feline, precise in word as she is in action. Though as with any youth she cannot be said to make flawless decisions all the time, but who could? As far as he knew, she was doing well enough. A copy of her mother with all the same potential. He knew of what she had said with Snakepaw– it is good that he can know this part of her as well. Though there is a stilted nature to her gift, it is given and accepted nonetheless. With both Gravelsnap and Larkfeather commenting on its nature, he cannot help but weave a little closer himself. Without wanting to crowd (particularly considering how broad he is in comparison to many WindClanners) there is only so much he can catch a glimpse of, but what he sees glimmers softly in the sunshine.

A curious noise bubbles from him. "You have a knack for gifts, if this is what you give to another. Where did you come across this?" He thinks briefly of following the apprentice's steps in search of something for Wolfsong, but that is a silly idea in truth. Besides, it is better a gift to be given uniquely and impulsively, in his mind. To act and not to think. That is the nature of love.
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, he - him. approx. 40 moons old. lead warrior of windclan + former rogue.
    —— gay, but somewhat closeted. will not be open about his interests.  single, will be so.
    —— seems comparatively stranger than who he was some moons ago, serious and cool.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

Gravelsnap accepts her gift most graciously, and Bluepaw’s green eyes shine with pleasure. He asks her where she found it, and the young apprentice’s whiskers tremble as she withholds a smile. “I was lucky to find it,” she tells him. “I was returning from a tunneling patrol and the sun just happened to catch the surface of it… it made me think of you, because of… your collection.” She dips her head again, just as others draw close to admire the gift as well.

Larkfeather’s compliment is sincere, and that causes Bluepaw to look at her doubtfully. Bluepaw had said some unkind things about the young warrior—in her presence, no less—yet the pale she-cat voices her admiration. “Ah… thank you,” she says, attempting to conceal her awkwardness with a lift of her chin.

Sunstride pads over next, and Bluepaw greets him with a slight bow. “The tunnels, near the surface,” she repeats for the lead warrior’s benefit. “But really, Gravelsnap’s gift was better. I still have it,” she says, giving her friend a graceful smile. “You were right that I cannot wear it in the tunnels, but it’s just as good woven into moss.” She likes Sunstride’s compliment. She is a good gift giver, but she realizes as she considers the compliment that it was Gravelsnap who had taught her this virtue. She will remember that, she thinks.

•  
  • bluekit . bluepaw
    — bisexual ; single
    — penned by Marquette
    — art by Meg

db1dqno-7dba4d55-253e-45c9-8158-28ab0b7ea9f0.png

"Y-yes, I can say th-that stones are v-very pretty w-when woven in-into yo-your nest." Creekpaw's stutter shines through at the most inopportune times, and she can't help the embarrassed blush and fluffing her cheeks, the pinned ears at her incompetency. Her parents didn't care, they didn't push her like Owlpaw's did, didn't expect anything of the sort from her... but that didn't stop her from feeling awful about the way she conducted herself in front of others.

Creekpaw smiled at the gathered group of her clanmates, happy to have others that are just as much of a hoarder as herself. "I-I a-also have a-a h-ho-hoard o-of my o-own."
walk "talk." thought
penned by helly

❀​ I FEEL SCARED AND I'M STARTING TO SINK ❀​
periwinklebreeze | 12 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically medium (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
With periwinklebreeze's moods fluctuating as they are, greif and pain intermingling like a twisting serpent, the site before him is enough to set him off. Bluepaw is once again seeking out gravelsnap with a gift, and suddenly the flowers interwoven into the charcoal fur of his tail no longer feel so special. Blue gaze turns to ice as he pads over on blackened paws, steps still just a bit too stiff and unsteady. With all the exclamations, he expects something more... well, more. "Wh-whats the big deal? It's j-j-j-j-just a rock?" he snaps quietly, tone waspish as his jealousy finally boils over. He's not sure why half the clan has decided to fawn over her find, there's really nothing special about it - except who she's giving it to, he supposes, which only sends another wave of bitterness crashing down upon the boy. His own gifts, many as he's given, have never caught such wide-spread attention - so why her, why now?

• Wow
Reactions: Marquette
The black-patched tom stiffens as Larkfeather steps closer, but thankfully the other warrior doesn’t brush against their side. Their attention shifts between Bluepaw and the other gathered cats as Sunstride also asks where the apprentice had found the rock. She says she’d found it within the tunnels, and seeing it reminded her of Gravelsnap—they smile at the she-cat, glad that their friend had at least thought of them while doing her duty as a tunneler. She mentions as well that she keeps the gift that they had given her before woven into her nest, and something warm settles in their chest.

If it hadn’t been clear to them before, they have decided it now: Bluepaw is their friend, and is much more than simply the most tolerable apprentice. She’s younger than Gravelsnap, young enough to be considered an irritating child, but she seems to take herself and her responsibilities seriously. "I’m glad that you kept them." As he speaks, he casts a glance at Creekpaw, a truly annoying apprentice. They roll their eyes at her and return their attention to Bluepaw. "I can use this one to represent you in my collection. I don’t have very many stones for tunnelers," they say, but the rest of their thought is cut off by Periwinklebreeze’s approach and subsequent complaining.

They don’t understand what Peri is so upset about; the other warrior knows that Gravelsnap collects rocks. He’s even given them a rock before, so why would he be upset about them receiving a gift? Their confusion must be clear on their face, ears tilting backward as the younger tom voices his disapproval. "Are you just mad that she didn’t give it to you," they snap, hazel eyes narrowing at their black-pointed friend. Their gaze darts to the flowers woven into Periwinklebreeze’s tail fur. I just gave you a gift. "Do you think you’re the only one who should get gifts?" It is mean, but after Peri’s comment in their last conversation, their thoughts are beginning to spiral. Am I not deserving? Is Bluepaw not deserving?
[ you put the fun into dysfunction ]

Bluepaw turns, fur swishing delicately, to look at Creekpaw. The other girl can barely open her mouth to get the words out, and the word horde has connotations the moorland princess does not like. She prepares to snip back—a toss-up of a remark about the other cat’s stutter or about collecting useless junk, it’s anyone’s guess—when another stuttering voice intrudes upon her gathering with her friend. A smoke-faced tom glares at her, then at the stone she’s presented to Gravelsnap. It’s just a rock, he says, and it’s clear from his posture and expression that he’s angry Bluepaw has given Gravelsnap anything at all.

She shifts her paws, her flesh burning with anger beneath her thick gray pelt. Who does this fool think he is, speaking to her like this? She’s never liked Periwinklebreeze, has always thought him sniveling, whiny, and petty, but he’s being so blatant about it now! Bluepaw’s eyes are narrow, but they widen somewhat when Gravelsnap comes to her defense. He calls Periwinklebreeze out on his snark and his jealousy, and the younger girl nods approvingly.

Gravelsnap is my best friend,” she says, her tone cool. “I simply saw the stone and thought of him first.” She rakes Periwinklebreeze with her slanted emerald gaze, but she does not otherwise show her ire. “I’m sorry you don’t think my present to Gravelsnap is suitable. What would you suggest? You must be a magnificent gift-giver. I’d love some pointers.” The tip of her tail twitches.

•  
  • bluekit . bluepaw
    — bisexual ; single
    — penned by Marquette
    — art by Meg

db1dqno-7dba4d55-253e-45c9-8158-28ab0b7ea9f0.png

Creekpaw may have a stutter and a shy demeanor at times, but when others insult someone else for no good reason-- and usually there isn't a good reason-- she finds it petty and demeaning. What right did Periwinklebreeze have to say that? So what if it was just a rock?! It was special to both Gravelsnap and Bluepaw, wasn't it?

She turns an angry gaze on the warrior, tail flicking back and forth in the same tune Bluepaw's own was. "And why e-exactly does it m-matter to-to you?! Th-this has n-nothing to d-do with any offff us, m-much less someone who c-can't keep h-his to-tongue in ch-check!" Her words were filled with fury, and for what she had said she didn't know of the reaction she would receive-- but, nevertheless, she snaps her teeth at Periwinklebreeze before turning and padding away.

/exit Creekpaw <3
walk "talk." thought
penned by helly

❀​ I FEEL SCARED AND I'M STARTING TO SINK ❀​
periwinklebreeze | 12 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically medium (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
Gravelsnaps anger catches his off guard, the young warrior visibly flinching back in surprise. That's not what he'd meant at all, why would they think that? He likes giving gifts more than receiving them, he just- he doesn't like seeing, knowing, that its bluepaw giving something to gravel, not him. Doesn't like seeing her stone be fawned over, when his own offering had merited merely a glance from his friend. "I-I- th-that's not- what I- hng," jaw snaps shut with an audible click, words remaining choked up in the toms throat until he worries he won't even be able to breathe past the growing lump in his throat. Even were he not so choked up, he's not certain he'd be able to speak - he can't find the courage nor the words to explain, ears going flat and shoulders hunched as he all but tries to vanish into the earth as one after another the rest turn on him too. He knows he's being stupid and petty and jealous - but... was this really how they all saw him? He doesn't know why he's surprised. Teeth clack again in silence as his voice fails him, teeth sinking into his tongue, and faltering, he can only flee - a coward, as always.