oneshot there goes my night and goes my smile // saying goodbye

❀​ I FEEL SCARED AND I'M STARTING TO SINK ❀​
periwinklebreeze | 12 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically medium (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
As soon as periwinklebreeze is healed, he leaves camp - blackened paws carrying him across the moorlands and down the path he knows all to well. Though he has been given the all clear to leave, his gait is still slow and unsteady - scars pulling uncomfortably with every step, his hind limb grown weak with disuse. It is because of this that it takes him longer than it should to reach the graveyard. The resting place of wisteriapaw, juniperfrost, tigerfrost, and so many other he's lost track. He can't find it within himself to care for those faceless masses though - no, he only has eyes for one marker.

Vulturemask is dead and gone - and now, he lies burred beneath the earth alongside others lost to time. Clear blue gaze is made of ice as he stares down at the freshly churned earth. He says nothing, only stares in silence for a moment before placing down his gift - a sleek black feather, plunked from one of his best kills prior to his injuries. Blackened paws scrape away the top of the earth, settling his offering carefully before brushing the soil right back over it, hiding it from view. What was once meant to be a gift to his brother now given to late - but perhaps he'll still appreciate it from his place in the stars. A pitiful offering, but a meaningful one nonetheless. And then he leaves, as silent as the dead themselves - no tearful goodbye, no words of sorrow.

Just nothingness.