pafp GIVE A COIN AND A KNIFE || DENOUNCEMENT

Apr 30, 2023
As Thriftpaw moves, it is with purpose. He knows that if he were to stop, he couldn't bring himself to start again. One paw in front of the other, his hindlegs stepping in the print left by his front, until Thriftpaw is ducking into the gorse tunnel and into the familiar sandy basin of camp. His torn ear twitches alongside the unwilling recollection of a thorn and blood. The gorse hadn't cut Thriftpaw today; it hasn't cut him in a long time. He's been learning how to avoid thorns.

"Where's Periwinklebreeze?" Thriftpaw asks at the same time as he spots him.

His rabbit-heart catches speed. He needs to keep moving. Thriftpaw's careful steps become a stride until the distance between himself and Periwinklebreeze is closed. Thriftpaw needs to do this. He reminds himself of such twice: he's been learning how to avoid thorns. They are far less painful when they are pulled out in a single motion.

"I know why you gave me that feather when — back when I first got here," Thriftpaw has never felt more like a kit than he does now, hearing his own young voice trying to sound serious, "You thought that uh... you thought that it would make me be your friend. Because I was new in WindClan I didn't know you weren't a good cat to be friends with. But I know that now. I don't want to be your friend anymore and uh — and not anybody else wants to either."

Thriftpaw knows this is the right choice, but guilt has gripped his heart since the moment he came to this decision. He had deflated the longer he had spoken, but Thriftpaw straightens himself now, tries to look like the proud WindClanner he knows he can become.

@Periwinklebreeze.
WINDCLAN APPRENTICE ✦ GOLDEN TABBY TOM ✦ 5 MOONS

❀​ I AM SORRY THIS IS ALWAYS HOW IT GOES ❀​

periwinklebreeze & 12 moons & demi-boy & he/they & windclan moor runner

Blue eyes blink slowly, and at first, he doesn't understand. Thriftpaw is a face he'd thought friendly, though he can't say they're all that close - no, peri is to distracted by gravelsnap's presence as the toms mentor to really do much more than be polite and friendly on patrol. And so when the golden furred boy makes his way over to him in the middle of camp, and starts speaking so loudly - well, peri doesn't handle it well. "I- y-you, what- I," jaw gasps for a moment soundless save for the clack of teeth, as the boy reels.

He can't even find the words to argue, even as ears go flat and hackles raise - his entire body leaning back on his heels as though he can put distance between them even while frozen in place. Because he's not wrong - periwinklebreeze had only wanted to comfort the kitten, had wanted to be friends, though he'd certainly not had such underhanded reasons... but really, is he wrong? What cat his own age wants to be his friend? What cat older? None, none.

"I... s-sorry," is all he manages at last, face flushed beneath his coat. "I... d-didn't think of it th-that way.. sorry, s-sorry," he says again, just wanting this to be over - wants to run to hide. But he can't - there is nowhere safe from prying eyes, not anymore. He looks about a heartbeat away from crying, but somehow he manages not to - eyes only watering with a quiet sniff, but tears never fall. No, he won't give them the satisfaction of seeing him cry.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a lithe figured black and white tom with a false-pointed pattern and clear blue eyes that gleam periwinkle in the right lighting. he seems perpetually worn and exhausted, with heavy bags beneath his eyes and a slouched figure. he has a speech impediment which leaves him with a stutter and sometimes even completely non-verbal, and his fluffy tail is adorned with daisies.

physically medium && mentally easy && pacifist
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ccccff]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

Azaleafrost looks at Thriftpaw the way she looks at prey. Murderously and ready to pounce. The only thing saving the yellow apprentice was just that, he was an apprentice, not a rabbit. A clanmate. Blue fur bristles as molten amber eyes burn into Thriftpaw's pelt. She strides over to Periwinklebreeze and stands between them, bumping her head against Periwinklebreeze's head hoping to comfort him.

"Don't worry about him, Peri. Some cats just aren't worth befriending. Namely, those who you show kindness to only to have them spit it back in your face." She says. She doesn't need to look at Thriftpaw to let him know she meant him.

"And... For what it's worth, I'll always be your friend." She says. Periwinklebreeze is her best friend. If anything happens to him she will lose her mind. This clan was unreasonably cruel to the both of them, and she wouldn't let them win against her or Periwinklebreeze.

She has half a mind to think that Gravelsnap put Thriftpaw up to this. He and Peri are close, but she won't be fooled. She remembers the things Gravelsnap has said, she wouldn't put it past him to just be manipulating Peri to make him look like a fool. Well. She won't have it.

She might be a little overprotective.​

Gravelsnap has spent months of their life attempting to remain neutral, to keep a tether on their friendship with Periwinklebreeze in favor of holding onto friends like Firefang, in favor of appeasing their father. But in the end, what has it done for them, keeping so far away from the cat they most want to be friends with—hurting him, even? It’s only made them miserable and prickly, and hasn’t helped their standing within WindClan at all. They’ve grown tired of being complacent, of being a bystander to their black-pointed friend’s terrible treatment. And so when they hear a too-familiar voice, deadly serious in tone, telling Periwinklebreeze that they can’t be friends, saying such awful things…

Gravelsnap stalks toward the commotion, seeing Azaleafrost already standing between the two. And he can’t believe that he’s siding with her, but the tom shoulders his way past any gathered cats to plant themself at Peri’s side with bared teeth. "Thriftpaw," they snap at their apprentice, the fur of their tail bristling up as they glare down at the younger tom. But a realization hits them quickly, and just as soon as they’d inserted themself hissing into the confrontation, the warrior’s coiled posture slumps into something more exhausted.

They understand how their apprentice feels—they have long wrestled with their need to keep up appearances pitted against their wretched feelings. They cannot fault Thriftpaw for doing what they have never been strong enough to do. It is a show of great bravery from the apprentice, and Gravelsnap’s glare softens even as they press their shoulder against Peri’s, the only comfort they can offer.

This is not their confrontation, not their problem to untangle. This isn’t the first time such a conversation has happened, and they can only hope that Periwinklebreeze will be alright in the end. Like Azaleafrost, they turn to give Peri their full attention, brushing off their apprentice without even a reprimand. They’ll sort things out with Thriftpaw later, get to the bottom of what just happened. "You don’t need him. You have us."
[ you put the fun into dysfunction ]

Mousepaw had been in camp, eating leftover rabbit when he looked up to see Thriftpaw making his way into camp, watches as the younger apprentice asks where Periwinklebreeze was before heading over to the warrior to speak. At first, Mousepaw thought it was nothing, there were many apprentices who liked Peri - he was one of the cats that didn't mind playing with the kits when they were too high energy for some or too annoying for others - so he went back to eating. It was when Thriftpaw began to mention how Periwinkle wasn't a good cat to be around that Mousepaw's ears swiveled back and he got up, shoving his way forward and in between the other apprentice and the two warriors that were now comforting Periwinklebreeze.

Nose winkled as Mousepaw looked at Thriftpaw, tail lashing behind him as he soon spoke. "At least Perwinklebreeze isn't so snake-hearted as to try to accuse and to embarrass another in front of everyone in camp." He was a hypocrite, having tried to bully others in broad daylight before, but that didn't matter right now. "And not anybody else wants to either." He'd mimic the last words Thriftpaw had spoken, purposefully high pitched and whiny as he did so, "As if anyone wants to be friends with a cowardly loner like you, Periwinkle has one thing you'll never have, no matter how much you wished for it - at least he's a real WindClanner, not some fake wanna-be that's just playing pretend."
  • [ooc]
  • windclan (sootstar) loyalist
    dirty fighter/will aim to kill
    will bully anyone (some more than others)

likely to attack first
    powerplay peaceful actions okay
    ping if needed in a thread
  • 67979049_MZITqZdFire2IhL.png
    8 months old
    ftm calico -- he/him
    tunneler apprentice

large ears
    always looks grumpy

Where there was a serious moment chockful of intense emotion and a sense of bonding between clanmates, there was Snakehiss to throw a fiery wrench in it. While the midnight-colored tom was always keen on knowing the business of his peers, he couldn't give a damn about Periwinkle's. He, along with the cats he associated himself with, had always been irksome to the young warrior.

He watches the show through half-lidded eyes, slightly cocking a brow as Mousepaw makes a scathing final word to Thriftpaw, calling them a loner. A wannabe. Well, he couldn't necessarily disagree with that. "Tch. Quite the spectacle, and over what? Periwinklebreeze?" Snakehiss didn't know much about Thriftpaw, nor did he particularly want to pay the outsider any more attention than he had to, but wasn't he rather young? Why was there such drama over Periwinklebreeze's supposed friendship ( or now former friendship ) with a kit who had to be at least half his age? Thriftpaw was practically a kit compared to all of the cats gathered in the tom's defense. Snakehiss had borne witness to plenty of drama throughout his life, but this was quite ridiculous.

WindClan had other things to focus on besides involving themselves in the relationships of their clanmates. "Whatever it is you're sorting out, do it somewhere else, yeah? The clan doesn't care about witnessing your petty drama right in the middle of camp." This is why Snakehiss couldn't be bothered with maintaining friendships. How could he put himself first and focus on his own needs when other cats would hold him back ( or, in this case, cause a scene in front of everyone )?

The thorn is out, and yet Thriftpaw still feels the ache of it. His torn ear flicks as Periwinklebreeze apologizes, and a large part of Thriftpaw wants to remind him that Thriftpaw had been making things up. Thriftpaw hadn't actually believed it; he just needed to tell Periwinklebreeze something. But then Periwinklebreeze apologizes again and one kind of worry gives way for another, and Thriftpaw considers that maybe he was right. Thriftpaw wasn't telling lies, he was guessing, and he was guessing correctly.

The amount of cats that come in defense of Periwinklebreeze — his mentor included! — shocks Thriftpaw. They told him, both directly and indirectly, that he wasn't needed and that he didn't belong and that he wouldn't ever have any friends. Thriftpaw doesn't argue any of these points. None of his clanmates understand the position he is in.

He swallows his gut reaction and tallies those who stand with Periwinklebreeze among those he should also avoid — how is this going to work with Gravelsnap? — and stops his shoulders from sagging under the collective weight of everyone's disappointment, "Well," Thriftpaw starts, "Well it's— it's— Periwinklebreeze is guilty! He apologized and so he was uh, that means he meant it. But I don't want anyone else in my head so he isn't allowed and, and uh, Ghostwail gave me a better feather anyway."​

latest.png
Ghostwail bristles at all of this, the entire show. At first, it is at Thriftpaw's needless dramatics, about how bellicose the whole thing was. Thriftpaw should know by now that it was above them to even speak to such inferior creatures. But then the tide turns against the child and suddenly, oddly, the phantom of WindClan begins to feel annoyance at the others for not praising the child for his correct assumption of the older tom. Their correct assumptions.

Again, she wonders why Sootstar would ever place the boy with such an incomponent mentor. Clearly, whatever quality lessons he was being shown were not of Gravelsnap's design.

Her burning eyes flick to each of the younger warriors in turn as she coils around Thriftpaw's golden body, shielding him from view behind her skinny frame. "Hush, child." She murmurs to him in her drawling monotone, "hush. Let the unprincipled believe what they will. We are of a different stock."

She turns her head towards Mousepaw, her long ears flat against her elongated skull. "My son is no loner. He was named by Sootstar herself, accepted by her gracious paw. I would not presume that you are questioning the will of our leader, hm?"

( 🐍 ) The moor runner had returned from his patrol and was within camp when all of this was beginning to go down, the fur on the back of his neck rising ever so slightly. It seemed that Thriftpaw didn't want to associate with Periwinklebreeze any longer but the last words that tumbled out of the apprentices mouth had been rather harsh to say the least, his ear flicking while watching the other fellow moor runner begin to apologize. Venomstrike ready to step in but Azaleafrost, Gravelsnap, and even Mousepaw had come to the young warriors aid.

A part of him feels relieved but bites down on his tongue as Mousepaw calls Thriftpaw a cowardly loner. The situation beginning to escalate further and further though his gaze turns to Snakehiss who talking about how the group should take their drama elsewhere... Which Venomstrike silently agrees with seeing as this was rather... Uncomfortable to watch. He catches sight of a white pelt from the corner of his eye and focused on Ghostwail who had come to Thriftpaw's aid, the moor runner feels his snout wrinkling in the slightest.

He hates conflict. Venomstrike finally parting his jaws to speak "Nobody is questioning anyone's w-will." I am questioning on what you teach your son. The moor runner thinks only to finish deciding to keep levelheaded, "That's e-enough." The large tomcat couldn't stand this anymore and the damage had already been dealt, he wished that Ghostwail would take herself and her rude kit elsewhere to stop disrupting the peace within camp.
( ME GUSTA LA MAÑANA; ME GUSTAS TÚ )

Bluepool watches the scene unfold before her with an apathetic expression on her face. Her former apprentice, it seemed, was getting bullied by a child. It was sad that Periwinklebreeze would allow the words of someone so much younger than he to affect him so but perhaps this would help him to learn. Even still, she comes to the smoke toms side, shooting Ghostwail and Thriftpaw a look as she did. Her son huh? Bluepool was not aware that Ghostwail had nursed the golden tom, which, in her mind is the only thing that would earn her the title of mother short of giving birth to him herself. To Bluepool claiming she was his mother was inappropriate but she would not say anything on that subject instead, ignoring the two cats in front of her she turns to the warrior in question. "Children can be cruel" she tells him "It is best to not let such words affect you, you clearly have no shortage of cats who care for you" the opinion of one means little to her when compared to that fact "Now come, do you wish to go hunting with me?" Just like old times.

Last edited:
❀​ I AM SORRY THIS IS ALWAYS HOW IT GOES ❀​

periwinklebreeze & 13 moons & demi-boy & he/they & windclan moor runner

In all honesty, the young warrior is shocked by te number of cats willing to take his side in this moment. With azaleafrost on one side, and gravelsnap on the other, he suddenly feels like he can breath again. He lets the touch linger longer than he probably should enjoying the rare moment of affection, before blue eyes harden and he straights up. "I-it's fine - th-thriftpaw c-can choose his own f-friends, th-though... i'm not sure why it w-warranted this," he says finally, and though the hurt doesn't ebb it becomes something more manageable. He may have lost a friend today, but it's suddenly been made quite clear that he is not alone - thriftpaw is wrong, he thinks, and isn't that a surprise?

Bluepool of all cats offers a hunt, and the boy gives a stiff nod, grateful for the distraction and her words - she is not always the kindest cat, but he take comfort in the knowledge that she wouldn't stick her neck out for him like this were he as weak as he thinks. "Of course," he agree's easily, affectionately brushing his shoulder against gravelsnaps one last time, and flicking his tail against azalea's shoulder as he moves forwards, light paws eager to carry him away from camp - away from this mess. But at least he's learned one thing from this, he supposes - he will not trust so blindly anymore.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: out <3
    tw/cw: —
  • a lithe figured black and white tom with a false-pointed pattern and clear blue eyes that gleam periwinkle in the right lighting. he seems perpetually worn and exhausted, with heavy bags beneath his eyes and a slouched figure. he has a speech impediment which leaves him with a stutter and sometimes even completely non-verbal, and his fluffy tail is adorned with daisies.

physically medium && mentally easy && pacifist
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ccccff]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

Ghostwail was, increasingly, a thorn in Badgermoon's side. Between her foul appearance and her unpleasant personality, each sighting of her set his jaw tightening. She reminded him of Mallowlark, with two important exceptions: one, Mallowlark had been jovial, even if it had been in the creepiest possible way, and two, Mallowlark had eventually betrayed his Clan. For her faults, Ghostwail seemed committed to Sootstar, if not to WindClan itself, and Badgermoon could appreciate that. He just wished she was...better. Of course, he wished he was better, too. Other cats, who were better-equipped for it, comforted Periwinklebreeze; Badgermoon made a mental note of who had spoken up for the point tom before fixing his yellow eyes on Thriftpaw and the white cat which self-identified as his mother.

He leaned around Ghostwail and attempted to make eye contact with the boy, his dark tail swishing slowly. He spoke in firm tones, though not with harshness. "I remind you, Thriftpaw, that while you may manage your own relationships as you will, at the end of the day we are all WindClanners." The deputy raised his eyebrows. "You will fight for, hunt with, and sleep alongside your Clanmates for the rest of your days. They may die for you, and you may die for them. Don't forget it." he cast a final, pointed look at Ghostwail before beginning to trot off, hearing the call of other duties.

Snakehiss lets out a snort as the eldritch horror known as Ghostwail attempts to defend Thirftpaw from Periwinklebreeze's posse, claiming that he wasn't a loner. Sootstar taking pity on the weak and bringing them into her clan wasn't uncommon, but it did not change the origins of a cat. Snakehiss made an effort to know everything about everyone, including where they came from ( and even where their kin came from ). For example, Badgermoon himself had been an outsider if Snakehiss could recall correctly, and although he was second-in-command to Sootstar and a valuable member of WindClan, nothing could change his past.

"But he is a loner, just as you'll always be a rogue. You cannot change where you come from, try as you may." Snakehiss offers icily to the albino tunneler. He remembers Thriftpaw's arrival to WindClan very well, and though his memory of the rogue group's introduction was a little fuzzier in his memory, he knows of Ghostwail's past just as he knows of all of the other former rogues'.

Quickly deciding that this melodrama wasn't worth any more of his time, Snakehiss got to his paws and headed toward the exit of camp. A hunt would be far more entertaining than whatever this was.

It isn't wrong to be curious about it all, Heatherpaw reassured himself, as Thriftpaw tore his way across camp to confront Periwinklebreeze. Mismatched eyes blink as he tried to understand what was happening. He didn't know either of the toms very well, but even he was caught off guard. The older tom wasn't all that much trouble, real quiet most the time anyway.

His Clanmates come to the defense of the warrior, and Heatherpaw's maw splits open in a shocked expression. Even Thriftpaw's own mentor was on Periwinkle's side? He took in every detail like a dry sponge took to water, looking between them all. Good drama to bring back to the apprentices den for sure. They wouldn't believe even Gravelsnap had brushed him off like a bug.

Snakehiss arrived in his usual fashion of being on no one's side. Periwinklebreeze wasn't worth the trouble, if any, and Thriftpaw would always be some loner among their ranks. Adapted but have never fit in to their ways.

The ruddy tom rose to join beside the Moor Runner, leaning his head down to murmur his own thoughts. "What do you think? They're all jumping to defend a traitors son." He doesn't linger in camp long enough for the rest of their conversation to possibly be heard, though.

//out!​
WINDCLAN APPRENTICE ✦ RED MACKEREL TABBY ✦ 9 MOONS ✦ TAGS

"Son?"​

Thriftpaw is so outraged that all he can do is whisper. He’s so outraged he forgets for however brief a moment that he is supposed to be standing proud and that his legs aren’t supposed to shake under his body as if they are too strained to hold him. The world is him and Ghostwail — his tip-torn ear flicks and flicks and flicks in the same motion of shooing a fly.

Is that what she thinks this is? Is that what this is?

Thriftpaw only realizes the absence of noise by its return. He jolts and he remembers all the things he is supposed to do, reorientates himself in this strange world where Ghostwail can declare him as her son and have it taken in stride. For once Thriftpaw cannot peer past the clouds of her stoic face and into the sky beyond. He can’t even begin to guess what ulterior motive she may have for saying such a thing and is instead forced to consider that she may be genuine in this.

He presses the top of his head to Ghostwail's flank and wishes that he was strong enough to shove her away. It has been so long since he has been a son, and as keenly as Thriftpaw has ever felt something, he wishes for that feeling back. He imagines himself born with antlers long enough to gore Ghostwail, and then he breaks the brief contact, disgusted with himself. Everything he's doing is bad — and now Ghostwail is trying to comfort him and all Thriftpaw can think of is how to best harm her.

"Can't we go?" Thriftpaw asks Ghostwail, nearly choked in his guilt. He wants to go home and in the moment that feels like anywhere but here.

Last edited:
she blinks, sitting off to the side, no intent to join in this debacle but every intent to listen. her ears twitch as more and more cats join in to snarl at this... child. lay off, she's thinking, irritated, though none of it shows on her face. something is odd about this. something isn't right. thriftpaw... sweet child, frightened child, ever polite. in all his time here, she's never known him to offend anyone. for how skittish and... spacey he is — it'd be hard for him to manage. (and that should garner more concern than it does. sorrelsprig has had children. that behavior isn't normal; it doesn't come from nothing.)

he curls in on himself as he speaks, curls only further as he's berated by his clanmates. inwardly sorrelsprig is not impressed by their reactions. periwinklebreeze is an adult. starclan's sake, he can certainly handle a child's trembling first attempt at fury. for her part, sorrelsprig is more concerned with the fact that something...

something is odd about this. something is wrong with thriftpaw. it nags at her and she can't let it go, especially when he brings up ghostwail's name, and when the woman herself arrives, hushing him, defending him. and when he...

when he seems to vanish, the moment she approaches. his eyes and ears go still.

sorrelsprig's gaze flicks over to gravelsnap, comforting periwinklebreeze. thriftpaw's mentor would notice, wouldn't they, if something were wrong? they certainly see enough of the boy.

she knows, at least, that it's not her own place to speak up. there's nothing to say anyway, just that same feeling... something is wrong here.

. . ​
  •  

• • fawn tabby with white
    • quiet, observant, deferential
    • deeply religious
    • #sootstar4life
    • #sootstar2k23
    • open to plots! please dm onsite!
  •  

"BECAUSE COWBOY DAN'S A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE COWBOY SCENE"

C_Angelkisses.gif
He told himself he wouldn't get involved. He'd told himself over and over again, reinstating he'd let his apprentice handle this responsibility now that it was in his paws, but as he watches from the sidelines, that incessant feeling keeps clawing and dragging and demanding he step in. It isn't until that ghostly wretch shows her faces is he on his paws and swiftly making his way over, brows drawn down to darken his gaze as he comes to stand behind Gravelsnap and the others who stand beside the traitorous's kin. His imposing size behind the small group is perhaps a bit much but Houndthistle doesn't care, his eyes bleeding unrestrained discontent and distaste for the ghostly she-cat as he meets her gaze cruelly, his lip twitching with the ghost of a snarl. "What's wrong, Ghostwail? Think y'do better than the cat Sootstar appointed t'watch over his trainin'? Ain' too confident the boy can stand on his own?" He quips coldly, letting his words still the air as he levels with her angrily before his gaze, one burning amber of fire the other a ghostly shadow of its former glory, lands on Thriftpaw pressed against that disturbed mongrel. He says nothing, his stare probing and searching the young tom's body language trying to discern the dynamic as he remains a presence behind Gravelsnap and Periwinklebreeze, nearly bristling with his discomfort.

"speech"

• text
  • Physical Health
    75%
    ⤷ left eye is blinded, deep bite wound and claw marks in chest, stomach, face, and shoulders. Currently offscreen healing thanks to Wolfsong
    Mental Health
    98%

• Single | Bicurious | Not actively looking | Interested in Wolfsong, Scorchstreak, Sootspritespark

Houndthistle is both an easy one to gain the trust of and impossible to gain the trust of. He'll rarely reveal personal information or be vulnerable-if he's even capable of such things-but he will show trust in his willingness to lay his life down. To gain it, he needs evidence that you're loyal and strong, same as him, otherwise he understands he may one day have to come head to head with you.

— will start fights / will not flee / will not show mercy
    excels at Fighting, Tracking, Following Orders, Intimidation
    poor at climbing, swimming, stealth, talking, strategy, politics
    — sounds like: deep, gravelled and thick with a sort of country accent / Arthur Morgan
    — smells of iron, leather, and wood
    — speech is #435E75

latest.png
She can feel that old hunger stirring in her belly, that hunger coiling like a snake, ready to strike the nearest target. Faces blur together as he eyes flick from black to tabby to red to gold to black back to (a blue point stares at the sky behind her head) dark tabby as Houndthistle speaks. The woman's nostrils flare almost imperceptibly. She feels the child press into her, no doubt cowering into her fur as a kit should to their mother (white darken to gold, it swirls, it twists) in the face of threat. These cats, these weak-minded, useless foot-soldiers, they all counted as a threat now.

But she acts on none of this. Her mouth quirks up in the tiniest of growls before she flicks her tail over her child's back, signalling him away. The rest of worth nothing but her back now, there were other lessons that must be taught in the aftermath of this disaster.

// out !

Cats come to Periwinklebreeze's defense, and she is inwardly surprised at how many have gathered now. They are spared her cold amber gaze as it flicks to Gravelsnap as he approaches briefly and then to Ghostwail as she approaches. She's fought the urge to rip her claws through her clanmate's flesh before and she's always been good at not acting on that impulse. Thriftpaw tries to justify himself and she can only frown in distaste, as if he is nothing but an insect before her.

It's when Ghostwail begins speaking that her eyes pin on her. Who does this freak of nature think she is? She doesn't like the way she practically coils around Thriftpaw like a snake. She easily accepts that Thriftpaw isn't really the problem here and that Ghostwail is the one to blame simply because she doesn't like her.

She watches Houndthistle approach and challenge Ghostwail in return, and she looks back to the pair who started all this. Technically it was Thriftpaw, but then Ghostwail came in to side with him so she may as well be involved. She can see the anger rising in Ghostwail's eyes, it's a familiar one. Hatred and wrath have churned inside her since she could open her eyes. It was easy to bring forth, because it's always there, always festering. So when Ghostwail's gaze catches hers, she returns the glare.

Two burning amber suns practically challenging her to strike. Even as she walks away with a growl, Azaleafrost's eyes burn into her. She rips her gaze away and looks to Periwinklebreeze and all who have gathered. Just because they have come to his defense doesn't mean she trusts them either.

She remains cold and quiet like ice. Things would return to normal shortly, and she needed to reign in her emotions before she tries to go about her day. Perhaps she'll go hunting too, take her frustrations out on a rabbit.​