GET STRONG ↷ [ REGROUPING ]

❀​ OH HOME, LET ME COME HOME ❀​

periwinklebreeze & 14 moons & demi-boy & he/they & windclan moor runner

Periwinklebreeze is tired, really. At first, he thinks it's this weariness that is causing him to see things - it's not the first time it's happened, vision swimming with flashes of light. But voices he's not heard in days, laughter and tears - the noise of it all reaches his sensitive ears, and pawsteps quicken. It's real - they've escaped, they're free at last.

He wants to cry. Wants to fall to the ground just like dovethroat, wants to scream and sob and burst into hysterics. He only manages to stay upright by the skin of his teeth, legs wobbling as he leans against the hard surface instead, eyes squinted against the daylight. No sound leaves his lips when he shuts his eyes, taking a deep breath and letting it all in. The world outside the caves is- it's bright and loud and and cold and comforting. He hadn't died down there, beneath the earth.

He's going to be able to keep his promise.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a lithe figured black and white tom with a false-pointed pattern and clear blue eyes that gleam periwinkle in the right lighting. he seems perpetually worn and exhausted, with heavy bags beneath his eyes and a slouched posture. he has a speech impediment which leaves him with a stutter and sometimes even completely non-verbal, and his fluffy tail is adorned with carefully woven daisies.

physically medium && mentally easy && pacifist
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ccccff]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

IMG_1176.png

FIGFEATHER

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Tears stream from her eyes, joy, pure relief. She races out of the cave, breathing fresh air for the first time, seeing for the first time in days. Figfeather’s world had unraveled and fell apart in the dark, she had lost her mind, her hope, it’d take awhile for her to pick up the strings and knit herself back together…

’But I am still here. We’re still here. And there is still hope.’

She falls flat on her rear and begins to pant, all the anxiety and tension releasing from her body. She blinks away tears and she giggles to herself, just happy to see, to be free with the rest of the clans once again.

Once she finds the balance she stands up, it was difficult to believe everyone was okay and… her brother? @GREENEYES ?!” Where was he to be found? She calls his name as her eyes search for him in the thick crowd of cats.
IMG_1175.gif
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and aid her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

It took days, accompanied by crippling claustrophobia, stuffy tunnels, mysterious puddles, and wandering the caves until their paws ached. Slate had spun into a state of sheer panic himself, emotions and frustrations and fear piling upon him all at once ( and suffocatingly so ). However, the mismatched group of clan cats eventually made their way to the literal light at the end of the tunnel.

The daylight was almost nauseating at first, piercing through Slate's eyes like a shard of ice, though once his vision adjusted he was able to properly take in the sights of hills and greenery and skies above. The world was so vast and open, which he had never appreciated until now. Ahh, the air out here was so refreshing. The Maine Coon inhales, filling his lungs with much-needed oxygen.

The groups break off much like a gathering under the full moon, though this time the reception is different. An undeniable sense of warmth, relief, and excitement filled the outside of the wretched caves as cats reunited with their clanmates. Slate recognizes his own clanmates too — Figfeather frantically searching for her brother, Greeneyes, and Bobbie and Cherrypaw rushing to meet Orangeblossom ( thank the stars she's alright ), Duskpool waving away some cats as he lay across the ground. The older warrior was insisting he was alright, though, as always.

His eyes drift back toward Orangeblossom and the SkyClanners happily surrounding their deputy. Slate could join them, but his paws don't move; he simply watches from near the mouth of the cave. Cats flooded into the clearing from all sides bunting, nuzzling, and rejoicing with their comrades.

Huh. Slate had never paid any mind to it before, but the scene unfurling before him dawned upon him a realization — had anyone truly missed him? Would anyone have truly missed him? And, perhaps most of all, does he care or not?

• slatechibi.png
    SLATE
    —— he/him; lead warrior of skyclan; former rogue
    —— bisexual; single; not looking
    —— hulking, scarred charcoal-black colored maine coon with amber eyes
    —— "speech", thoughts, attack
    —— link to full tags; @ on discord for plots.
    —— penned by beatles

• Sad
Reactions: dejavu

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
Light breaks through darkness after days without its presence.

It is small at first - flickers of sun that jolt Greeneyes' paws awake, that reignites waning hope of an escape. The warrior follows behind Needledrift's guidance, his heart pounding. Any moment, the rubble tunnels he and others have been wandering in could be behind them, a moment of survival accomplished.

Would everyone else be waiting for them? Would they have tried to rescue those left in the tunnels? Or would those rendered free from the rockslide be long gone now - continuing on the journey without them?

And Figfeather, what would come of his sister's fate? Greeneyes had tried to find her - had tried to seek her out as rubble came tumbling down- but to no use. Had something happened to her, he doesn't know if he could go on - not with the knowledge that he'd failed his sister.

Small flickers grow with each step forward. Shadows no longer hold a stark veil over his eyes, and reliance on his other senses diminishes. Though his surroundings are still shrouded in darkness, Greeneyes can see his paws in front of him, now.

And suddenly, all is light. A flash of white opposes the night-black his vision has squandered in and a viridescent gaze squints at its severity. His eyes begin to water, but he isn't too certain if it's because of the sun, or the relief that washes over him.

He is free. No longer is he trapped in dark confines - no longer is he left to nibble on salamanders as a means of survival. He does not have to fear a death below ground. Greeneyes is free.

As he takes his first steps out of the rubble, Greeneyes turns to face his cave-mates, turns to check they're all there: Orangeblossom, Duskpool, Needledrift, Flamewhisker, Stormpaw - all of them. His gaze shifts to focus on obsidian fur, a face once adamant he'd be left behind in the darkness of the caves they'd just emerged from.

Told you we wouldn't leave you behind, he wants to tell the older warrior, only to hear gagging, to see Duskpool on his side. Greeneyes starts toward him, blinking at the sunlight that shifts in his vision.

"Duskpool...?" he asks slowly, worry thick in his voice, "Are... Are you okay...?" His concern is met with dismissal, a muttered confirmation that the hulking tom is okay. White paws shift beneath him as he's urged away while Duskpool shuffles to pull himself upright - a hesitancy to leave the warrior while he doesn't look alright.

But, he hears his name.

A shout from a familiar voice, one that he'd feared he'd never hear again.

"Figfeather!" Greeneyes calls back, verdant gaze tearing away from Duskpool to scan the crowd of cats before him. A reunion - everyone is here. Everyone is here still. Finally, he spots sun-striped fur in the crowd, and a sob of relief escapes him. The red warrior bounds forward to weave through the crowd of cats. "Figgy!"

He greets her with a nudge to the side, grateful to see his sibling again. "You're... You're okay!" he chirps through streaming tears, "I tried to find you in the rockslide but I... I couldn't... I..." His words trail off with a sniffle. He thought he'd lost her, thought he'd lost another sibling too soon.

"I'm just happy to see you again."
border2.png
  • // checking in on @DUSKPOOL before reuniting with @FIGFEATHER

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.

It reminds them of stepping out of the tunnels back home—sunlight slices through their vision, turning the entire world white for a long few moments. Golden eyes blink rapidly, attempting to adjust, but the calico is forced to come to a standstill as they struggle to see anything around them. They’ve spent so long underground before that they’ve forgotten what the sun feels like upon their pelt, but never days. Still, the tunneler lets out a deep sigh, glancing across the rest of their group. "We’re free," they breathe, relief heavy in their voice. The cave hadn’t been a terrible environment, but they had begun to worry that the group would never find their way out of the darkness. That they would never find their clanmates—or whatever remained of them.

The chattering of voices around them is proof enough that everyone else hadn’t perished in the rockslide, though, and Scorchstreak feels their paws moving without conscious thought. They spot a familiar tricolored figure ahead, and immediately they stride away from Scorchpaw, greeting Luckypaw with a gentle bump of their forehead against his. "Luckypaw, I’m so glad that you’re okay. I thought you were—oh, darling…" They trail off when they take a closer look at him, tail lashing at the sight of their son’s injured tail. "What happened?" Narrowed eyes turn upon the cats of other clans who stand nearby. If one of them had hurt their son… there would be hell to pay. Their gaze flicks back to Luckypaw, words practically a growl as they demand, "Tell me who did this."

// talking to @LUCKYPAW
[ BE A FIRE, BURN THIS DOWN ]

latest.png
Each of the cats she had led to safety rush forward, reconnecting with their respective clans with hearty purrs and meows of relief and pleasure. Needledrift watches them go, one by one, her gaze lingering at last on Orangeblossom as she slips from her side back to the pine-scented cats she called home. There is something in the way she moves that makes the gray she-cat want to follow her, but those friendly SkyClanners were not all smiles and happy sounds for her.

Instead, she turns to her own deputy, her own genuine smile appearing upon her crooked face. Delicate paws carry her small frame to @smogmaw 's side, where she bonks her forehead against his shoulder in a very Needledrift-kind-of greeting - overly familiar, overly cheery, exceedingly warm. "I vote we don't do that again, yeah?"

┌─────────────────── ☽【❖】☾ ───────────────────┐
A particularly painful spell passes over him, taking his attention away from the crowd for a moment as he grits his teeth against the pain, and by the time he next looks up, a sight for sore, worried eyes is there to greet him. They've spotted him first, it seems, evident by the way that only moments after Luckypaw spots Scorchstreak they're already almost upon him, and oh, he could almost collapse in relief - and his shoulders do sag, a breathy sigh-turned-laugh-turned hiccup leaving him as his presses his forehead back into theirs. It's not long enough, not in this moment; he wants to press up against them, curl into their side for the rest of time and never leave, but there's still things that must be done, greetings and stories to be exchanged, and even beyond that they still have a mission to tend to. "I - I thought that - I thought you - that you didn't, um, make it either." His voice is halting and grating all at once, and he has to swallow before he can continue, composing himself against the flood of darkness he'd felt these past few days believing that Scorchstreak lay buried beneath rubble. "I d-didn't see where you went, when the rocks starting coming down. Have...have you seen Scorchpaw yet? Is she-?" Would Scorchstreak be more worried if Scorchpaw was still unaccounted for somewhere out there? He can only hope so, as now it seems more explanations are due before he'll be able to continue scanning the crowd for his sister, even if his relief at seeing Scorchstreak again still contends with his anxiety that he might not get the same chance with Scorchpaw.

Almost sheepishly, he tries (and promptly fails) to hide his increasing worry over his tail with a glance at it, which is quickly whisked back to Scorchstreak before he can grow light-headed at the sight. Abruptly, any solace Scorchstreak might have shown at their reunion is gone, replaced with a dangerous, burning anger that's directed at the throng of cats around them. Luckypaw knows it's not for him, knows that he hadn't necessarily done anything wrong besides being foolish enough to linger long enough to be hit, but he still feels himself withering at the harsh tint in their eyes. "No - um, nobody did it, except the rocks, I guess. I - I didn't see it coming, and one hit me. Right on the tail." Already, he feels bad enough recounting the experience - there's no need to add in that he was distracted looking for Scorchpaw, and especially not that that he'd run back out into the fray after being guided towards safety. "Periwinklebreeze helped me, and Mouseflight, and everybody else, too," he adds, eyes flicking back out into the crowd as though he might spot the less-familiar companions from other Clans who were no doubt reuniting with their own loved ones. The thought that one of them might have hurt him - that Clearheart might have taken the opportunity to leave them all behind, Nightbird lashing out with a surprise attack, Dovethroat and Hazecloud using their numbers to their advantage - hadn't crossed his mind, not in the chaos of it all, and even now it's a strange one, having witnessed them all at what quite possibly was their lowest moments with little hostility ever breaking out.​
  • VGVREdC.png
  • 69355684_l8Wl3AJb3zHJeza.png
    - Luckykit Luckypaw
    - He/him (AFAB)
    - 6 moons (Ages on the 1st)
    - Kit Apprentice of WindClan
    - Small blue tortoiseshell with white spotting & green eyes
    - Art by myself & meghan respectively! <33
    - Minor powerplay allowed!
    - Penned by Hijinks​