IT'S ALL GRAND (forest) AND IT'S ALL GREEN!

—————————————————————⊰♰⊱————————————————————
Somehow leaving the mountain had been more painful than scaling it and Magpiepaw's legs feel like stone as he bumbles his way along with the rest of the cats, head held low and tired from all the extra effort he'd had to put in with just keeping pace but he'd not complained once. Even if he wanted to, he doubted it would help much and he didn't want to annoy any cat more than necessary. His blue-violet gaze keeps lifting upward to the tops of the trees, curious to their height and seeking the familiarity of the black carrion birds that often migrated through the marshes, the very ones he shared a name with that brought him some comfort. Maybe he would even see a starling...
He nearly walks into @Mouseflight as he staggers to a stop, offering an apologetic smile and sitting down once he realized the cats were dispersing to hunt. Something he couldn't help with even if he was familiar with the territory, but he wasn't... It seemed far too crowded here. Too many trees, too close, the marshland had sparse trees that were much lower to the ground and hung with drooping branches into loamy earth. The ground here was hard and he was already regretting sitting down on it once he realized, it wasn't quite as comfortable as taking a rest in the swamp of ShadowClan.
From what he had gathered in bits of conversation, ThunderClan would be hunting for them and he was more than happy to let them be their saving grace for food if it filled his belly quicker.
"I'm...I can't hunt..." He admits almost sheepishly, "...but I'm going to look for herbs while you all do..if...if anyone wants to help me..." If anyone else who couldn't hunt well wanted to avoid embarrassment and making a fool of themselves like he was opting out of then they were welcome to join him as his guard. Someone needed to keep him from walking off and getting lost anyways...

• OOC can go here.

• 71106748_sHwOMVBEMYvXzVS.png
    Magpiepaw
    —⊰⋅ MCA of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/They
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/a white throat and blue-violet eyes.
    —⊰⋅ penned by Rai

Their travels after gathering the lungwort led them into a thick forest, tight, claustrophobic. The mountains were beautiful, but cold, and the home of their prized cure. It was odd they came back down, yet found a forest in their wake. Would it have been easier to go back the way they came? Or did they get turned around?

He hoped they didn't, he just wanted to return to the moors and race home. But he knows it'll be another half a moon at least. Hopefully, it would be a quick and easy journey home.

His ears swiveled as he heard of them hunting, and he'd carefully set the bundle of lungwort down. "I can assist in hunting," he offered. Maybe there were some trees in the way, but he felt confident on the moors, so he could feel confident here too.

The scent of the forest made him think of the home that he had left behind and it was comforting, it seemed like plenty of the warriors could assist in hunting and Hailstorm hadn't gotten much sleep for personal reasons. Hunting had never been a strength of his especially with how his snowy coat stuck out in the foliage like a sore paw, he remembers how he had easily managed it when they were back in the mountains where he blended into his environment. So when he hears Magpiepaw speak and mention how he would look for herbs is when his attention turned to the medicine cat apprentice, Hailstorm would have more luck navigating in the thick forest than any of the other cats. He remembers the few times that he had helped Berryheart back in Thunderclan, he could definitely provide his assistance now.

"I'll help you," Hailstorm finally speaks up deciding to offer himself to help and walked forward so the other tom could lean onto his side for support only to turn his gaze to the rest of his clanmates with a slow nod "I'll catch up with you guys after I help Magpiepaw." Maybe he would have better luck when he returned or feel more confident in his ability later, all he knew is that he didn't want to stand around doing nothing or potentially scaring the prey away with his snowy coat.

• 5_by_caviesh_dg4bkw8.png
    ✦ 48 moons old
    ✦ thunderclan warrior
    ✦ bisexual demiromantic; mates with little wolf
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    ✦ semi-difficult in combat; relies on strength and his burly build
    ✦ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✦ penned by bosstaurus

It has become quite obvious Hazecloud was not built to live in such a dense forest. Tufts of silvery fur left behind a trail in the ferns and brambles they passed, her paws crushed brittle leaves and even thinner twigs unceremoniously. Not even her history of the marshes could save her from how clumsy her paws could be.

"This is thicker than any bulrush I've hunted in." Hazecloud huffed, feeling a bit exasperated by the sheer amount of coverage. How did ThunderClan manage to keep their fur clean with so much... forest?? Dovethroat is the first to admit his skills wouldn't be useful here and she nodded in agreement. "Point me to a river and I'll be happier." Although the immense supply of sap and ferns interested her in some ideas for the marks, still fresh and healing across her face.

❀​ OH HOME, LET ME COME HOME ❀​

periwinklebreeze & 15 moons & demi-boy & he/they & windclan moor runner

The dense woods feels strangely comforting, if only it weren't for the occasional tug and snag of his fur as they move. The others squabble amungst themselves, but the boy stays quiet for a long time. He needs to think - really, it'd be irrational to even try and move about in this mess, not alone, and definitely not to hunt. A sigh slips past hi lips as he finally pipes up, saying the only thing he can - "I c-can stay back, help make c-camp, put together some g-g-g-good nests, maybe s-some makeshift d-dens for shelter," he's good at that - he's done it often enough for chores, for punishments, even simply for the comfort of the kits within the nursery when he'd had nothing better to do. There's certainly plenty to work with out here.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a lithe figured black and white tom with a false-pointed pattern and clear blue eyes that gleam periwinkle in the right lighting. he seems perpetually worn and exhausted, with heavy bags beneath his eyes and a slouched posture. he has a speech impediment which leaves him with a stutter and sometimes even completely non-verbal, and his fluffy tail is adorned with carefully woven daisies.

physically medium && mentally easy && pacifist
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ccccff]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

┌─────────────────── ☽【❖】☾ ───────────────────┐
Surrounded by such dense, distracting, thick foliage, it's hard to even see his paws beneath him, let alone the rest of the journeying cats, and that thought alone sends Luckypaw's heart alight, as if they're going to slither off without him, or more likely run into some sort of trouble. It's hard to hear some of the more distant conversation over the general din of the forest, but he strains for it anyway, as if hearing some sort of warning call will do anything when he's so tangled at every turn in every stray branch and root. If he weren't able to see Scorchpaw's and Scorchstreak's striking colors against the overwhelming input of all this forest every now and then, he doesn't think he'd be able to make it, too many nerves bunched up inside of him as is. This is nothing like the tunnels back home, all pressed-in with nothing but the occasional root to snag against, hardly half as many sounds and scents to crowd, dark and comforting and closing-in and endless and strange and harsh -

Breaking from his unnerving thoughts, Luckypaw stumbles on another root, having lost concentration just enough to miss it, and barely heaves himself upright before he has to wrench himself from the grasp of a bush, short fur or not. How does ThunderClan do this all the time, he wonders? Clearly, he's not alone in the thought, as there are just as many reminded of home as there are dissenters, but soon enough, an important question is raised - that of food. They hadn't really done that much hunting since arriving in this forest, and quite frankly the thought had slipped his mind entirely, any growing hunger gnarling at his stomach pushed aside just as he'd learned to do earlier on in the journey, but with the newly posed question it was as though all his resolve crumbles. Some of the ThunderClanners offer to hunt, but it's clearly only a cobweb-solution; Nightbird's right to point out that the remaining ThunderClanners can't sustain them all. Besides, who knows how long they're going to be in the forest in the first place?

There's no solution offered up by him, though; not only does he have hardly any experience with hunting like this (or even hunting in general), it's as though he can hardly think, what with how busy the forest is around them all. Again, Luckypaw is struck with the same thought - how do the ThunderClanners deal with all this? "I can hardly move a paw without getting caught on something," he agrees with @FIGFEATHER , nearly stumbling again as if to prove his point. At least it's warmer here, he tries to tell himself, though that seems paltry in comparison to the stimulatory nightmare that they found themselves in now. Cats start to volunteer for tasks, herb hunting and nest-making and hunting, though he's not sure any of those would be his strong suit right about now. Maybe he could join the hunting party, scare some prey towards the ThunderClanners with his bumbling like Stormpaw had suggested, but that doesn't sound all that appealing, to be frank. Uncertainty dripping off of him, he tries to stay focused on whatever the rest of the group decided, even as the constant rustling of leaves and strange hums of insects were combining forces to keep him on edge and off-kilter.​
  • OOC: --​
  • VGVREdC.png
  • 69355684_l8Wl3AJb3zHJeza.png
    - Luckykit Luckypaw
    - He/him (AFAB)
    - 6 moons (Ages on the 1st)
    - Kit Apprentice of WindClan
    - Small blue tortoiseshell with white spotting & green eyes
    - Art by myself & meghan respectively! <33
    - Minor powerplay allowed!
    - Penned by Hijinks​

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
Though his calloused paws are accustomed to rocky terrain, Greeneyes finds relief in the transition from stony, snow-ridden strides to soft ground, littered with foliage and held under the cover of trees that still have yet to fall victim to leaf-bare's hold. A snow-freckled face lifts upwards to gaze at the warm-hued canopy above his head, glad to have something slightly reminiscent of SkyClan to travel through now.

It would be better though, if the ground wasn't covered in this much underbrush. The pine forest he'd grown up in is fairly scarce compared to this, and Greeneyes can't seem to step anywhere here without greenery beneath his paws. ThunderClan's group seems more satisfied than him with this, an assurance that they'll take up the bulk of hunting while they travel through the forest. Their offer is something he's grateful for, but still, the SkyClanner feels like he should at least try to aid in their effort. To make himself useful, whether that be hunting, or making nests, or collecting herbs with Magpiepaw.

"Put me where you need me," he says with a hum, crooked tail idly swaying behind him.
border2.png
  • // late post oops

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.