pafp repeating, repeating, i'm crying i'm healing // late at night

I'M NO BURDEN - NOT SO WORTHLESS
BENT SO MUCH THAT I JUST MIGHT BREAK

periwinklebreeze 15 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

C1-B376-C9-9-A6-D-4-B87-AE0-B-C31-D1-A7918-BD.png
Darkness creeps over the makeshift resting place, nighttime at last, and still Peri cannot still. Frail figure trembles endlessly, shaking and shivering as though he is cold - and yet, he still feels feverish, face burning hot with pain in spite of magpiepaws care. Is it fear, lingering in his very bones, he wonders - or has he finally broke at last? A fragile figure as delicate as the petals of a flower, as easily shattered as a sheet of ice. He doesn't know.

The touch of another is the only thing keeping him grounded as cats settle in for the night, seeking rest to heal weary minds and tattered bodies. All around him, cats have formed groups - no longer always by clan, but now by friendships and family and all manner of bonds. Their own little group. He is no different, even if he is unable to find sleep - clinging tightly to @GREENEYES as though he is a lifeline. Maybe he is. Face tucks absentmindedly into ginger pelt, shivering never stilling, as though if he can make himself small enough, he'll simply disappear.

If only.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T H E Q U E S T I O N S T H A T K E E P M E A W A K E

Last edited:

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
His nightmares are lit aflame by new images tonight. Rubble-born canids fuel fresh plotlines, sharp teeth blurring the lines between reality and his dreams. They sink further inward than they had in real life - a trickling of viridian in a failure to escape, rather than the crimson that had seeped from his neck in his successful freedom.

He jolts awake, a widened gaze as he surveys the darkness that surrounds his shaken form, his heart practically beating out of his chest. It is just a nightmare, Greeneyes knows - he is no stranger to them, of course. But still, the new images send a chill through him as he places himself back into his whereabouts - something that is more difficult to do these days, when his environment is ever-changing.

There's a force pressed against him, one whose own trembling presence causes him to flinch at first, until his gaze finds dark-pointed fur beside him, cobweb-clad and trembling, just as he is. Periwinklebreeze, he knows, but the sleep that still shrouds his vision, his mind, could almost mistake him for Fireflypaw. He could almost pretend that he's back home, that he's beside his best friend again.

But he can't, for his new friend is beside him now, in strange lands he'll never be used to with a shared fear-bound slumber. He can find comfort here, beside Periwinklebreeze, as the ginger tom presses closer to the black and white moor-dweller. Huddling close to a WindClanner - he can hardly believe it, but the warrior beside him is different, isn't like the WindClanners he'd fought in battle. Part of him wonders if any of them he's grown close to on this journey are.

Carefully, he nudges the cat's shoulder with his nose, a silent confirmation that he's there for Periwinklebreeze before hushed words are spoken. "Are you okay?"
border2.png

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.