private keep you in the dark, [nightingale] what had you expected?

I'M NO BURDEN - NOT SO WORTHLESS
BENT SO MUCH THAT I JUST MIGHT BREAK

periwinklebreeze 15 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

C1-B376-C9-9-A6-D-4-B87-AE0-B-C31-D1-A7918-BD.png
Nightingale had gotten sick. She'd gotten yellowcough. The moment the boy finds out, he seeks her out. When he finds her, he has no idea of the conversation that lies in wait - of the pain and truth that will be shared. He only knows worry and shame. They'd almost been to late - he'd almost not come back at all.

Guilt makes it hard to breathe as he takes in silver-striped fur, painstakingly similar to the mother they are not allowed to speak of. Of the one he's just learned was exiled not only from their home in windclan, but from riverclan as well. Because of him, most likely.Because she'd warned him - something he'd not even had the curtsey to do himself, when bluepool had told him of the danger headed her way.

"N-nighty," voice is choked up with emotion and eyes damp with tears he cannot hold back, the display something he could not bring himself to show around anyone else. Not now - perhaps not ever again, with snailstride and vulturemask both buried deep beneath the ground. "Th-they said - you g-g-got sick too?" today has been terrible - happiness and joy at being home, at having ravelsnap pressed against him, so quickly overshadowed by the bad news. She'd been treated by now, because scorchstreak and the others came back days ago - but his worry doesn't ebb.

He needs to see her, safe and sound, with his own eyes- eye.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T H E Q U E S T I O N S T H A T K E E P M E A W A K E

@nightingalecry

Anxiety runs like blood in their veins, thrumming to the quickened hummingbird beat of their hearts. Nightingalecry had been provided lungwort, cured though some days she still struggles to stay awake and see clearly. Wolfsong told them it'd be a week or so before they're back on patrols, but she figures in her silence that her weakened immune system won't afford her as much grace. Hopefully Sootstar would understand (she has her doubts.)

As soon as she was lucid enough, she asked for her brother, only to be told the tom had not come home, not yet. He stayed behind for the welfare of an apprentice from another Clan. Fear clutches her chest with deathly claws - fear of Sootstar claiming him disloyal due to his bleeding heart, of him being chased out just as the rogues were, of this, of that... of telling him what she knows.

His voice tremors at the entrance of the medicine den and mismatched eyes peak open. Her whiplike tail flicks as she looks towards the tom, and all at once she is rushed by too many emotions. He's home! But he's hurt (he only has one eye, what happened!?) and she's alive, awake enough to greet him, but now she must tell him that not only have rogues torn apart their home, but their mother -

"Peri..." she breathes his name, uncertainty and solemn sadness masked by the initial excitement that her brother had made it home. She tries, desperately, to scrape together some positivity. "You're home. You're home. Come, come sit by me, please," she nearly begs, patting a grey paw to the space beside her.​

I'M NO BURDEN - NOT SO WORTHLESS
BENT SO MUCH THAT I JUST MIGHT BREAK

periwinklebreeze 16 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

C1-B376-C9-9-A6-D-4-B87-AE0-B-C31-D1-A7918-BD.png
" Nighty- , " he repeats, voice breaking for a moment. All his surety, all his bravery - it all crumbles into dust as he comes to lay at her side, face pressing against her pelt for a moment regardless of the pain. His face still burns hot, flushed, but there is nothing left anyone can d - even having escaped infection there was nothing magpiepaw could do to salvage ragged flesh, to fix milky vision. " Are you- are y-you feeling any b-better? " he asks softly, head turned at last to look at her - really look. Though she is weak, he sees none of wisteriapaw and snailstride in her - she is not withering away before his very eyes. She - she will be oaky.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T H E Q U E S T I O N S T H A T K E E P M E A W A K E