private A BIRDS LAST LOOK ✧ midnightpaw

cascadepaw

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Apr 27, 2024
Her reflection looks weird. As Cascade stares at it, it stares back. When Cascade flicks an ear, it flicks one as well. A deep frown settles on her lips as she looks, and it frowns back at her. Is this what I look like? She gently tips her head to the side, raising her eyebrows and scrunching up her face to watch as the reflection does it back. Her ear tufts look like the falls are the gorge. Her eye color, maybe its just the stony riverbed below, but they look... lifeless, and gray. Not the blue she had been told she had... Is this why Momma doesn't look at me much anymore?

The question makes her feel sick. The blue lynx point abruptly turns from the river and nearly smacks in to Midnightpaw, causing her to stumble backwards and fall right back in to the shallows. A yelp leaves her mouth at the water that now drags down long fur and with a quiet keening whine she raises pathetically to her paws, head down, ears back. This apprentice- she's the recent troublemaker, right? But she had been nice to her, offering to help find a shell along with other cats. Her chest blossoms with warmth that spreads to her cheeks. "Uhm- S-Sorry." her voice is sheepish, sucking in a sharp breath. "Sorry," she repeats quietly, but makes no move to escape as she wishes she could just disappear in an instant for making a fool of herself.

• @MIDNIGHTPAW
  • cascadekit, cascadepaw
    cisgender female ,, she/her ,, 06 moons
    apprentice of riverclan ,, mentored by drizzlewave
    blue smoke / blue lynx point chimera with blue eyes & low white
    "speech, #6FB2C3" ,, thoughts
    unknown sexuality ,, single
    smells like faint vanilla & fresh rainfall
    penned by chuff

જ➶ Honestly being outside of camp even for a little bit makes her feel better. The less chances of someone getting on her nerves she supposes. And she doesn't have to check in with her mother till she gets ready to head to bed. Her paws move her swiftly and her eyes are alight with a quiet curiosity when she turns around the bank and almost smacks into another apprentice. Sharp annoyance flares to life in her, amber eyes rolling with irritation before she realizes that it's Cascadepaw. The gentle sorries leave their maw and she finds that cools her anger just enough. "Tsk, don't apologize just watch where you're going next time." That sounds like good enough advice for anyone. Especially around here. Never know where mud, a cat, or some other obstacle might be in the territory.

Flicking her tail she peers around the other, gaze lingering on the water and then to the partially sodden individual. It takes her that long moment to even realize that she's fallen on her rump and a sigh leaves her throat. "You alright? I didn't scare you or something?" Middy's sounds genuine enough before she steps back, ear flicking to get rid of a buzzing bug. "What are you doing out here anyway?"

Don't apologize just watch where you're going next time, if embarrassment could kill she'd be keeling over right now and dying right in front of her. She opens her mouth to apologize before she sighs, snapping her mouth shut quite promptly as she remembers Midnights words. "G-Got it," she says, her voice wobbly much akin to a kits...

"Uhm... I was looking at my reflection... Drizzlewave said I don't have a lesson today," but do I ever? I'm so bored of this. "So... I was just trying to pass my time." she swallows hard. Did it look like she was just loitering...? Oh, she swears she was trying to do something productive... She just got distracted! And it's hard to do productive things when you don't even know how to start... She can count on one paw how many times Drizzlewave had taken her out in to the territory, and on two toes can she count any decent lesson at all. "Uhm... Sorry..." sorry for being so boring, she yearns to say, biting her tongue.

• cascadekit, cascadepaw
    cisgender female ,, she/her ,, 06 moons
    apprentice of riverclan ,, mentored by drizzlewave
    blue smoke / blue lynx point chimera with blue eyes & low white
    "speech, #6FB2C3" ,, thoughts
    unknown sexuality ,, single
    smells like faint vanilla & fresh rainfall
    penned by chuff