wc rebels a burden that we both share // azaleafrost

Nov 22, 2022
MY BODY'S COVERED IN TEETH MARKS
YOUR BITES WORSE THAN YOUR BARK
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
marmotbite & 13 moons & demigirl & she/they/it & windclan tunneler
58151726_7L1So6uqoEcSjP7.png
By the time marmotbite emerges, she is more dirt than cat.

She does not regret her choice - but as adrenaline fades, replaced by reality; she can't help but question her decision. Scars flare painfully, bruises and scrapes littering her pelt despite her best efforts. It's hard to breathe - pain radiating from her chest where her flank had been smacked by tunnel and debris alike. Steps are hobbling - slowed by the painful twinge that flares each and every pawstep she takes. But - she is whole, and alive. It's more than she'd expected - perhaps luck is on her side today.

By the light of the dying sun, the small she-cat drags herself up to the surface - only pausing for a moment to make sure no patrols have come this close to the border yet. And then she darts forwards - crossing that make-believe boundary that has always kept her fenced in. It is not the first time she's been here - but these parts are as strange as they are familiar - time has taken it's toll upon both the landscape and her memory. She's not entirely certain where she's going - only that she wants to find the others.

Wants to find her.

The stars seem willing to grant her wish - or perhaps, she's just that lucky. The sound of another has her on edge before the scent catches up to her - curling about in that familiar way that brings to mind burning amber eyes and bloodsoaked comradery. She pauses in her limping, head tipping to the side as mismatched gaze stares - burning in the sunset light. " Azaleafrost, " the name is foreign upon her tongue - one she has only spoke once before, when the warrior had been given such a grand title. But she knows it as well as he rown - has memorized it unlike so many others.

Fur prickles and tail tip twitches, but she doesn't make another move - waiting impatient for her response. She does not know what to expect - this is not some carefully calculated plan, nor carefully walked path. She'd been... reckless. Impulsive. And now - now she is lost.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
T H E R E S A D O G I N Y O U R H E A R T
@Azaleafrost

Azaleafrost watches the border from tall grasses like a serpent lying in wait to strike. She knows it's only a matter of time before Sootstar comes trampling through on vows of bloodshed and slaughter. Something excites her about that, though. She's finally in a position she never thought she'd be in, the position to rip and murder those who looked down on her. Sure, some of the rebels may be guilty of the same, but this is still a gift. A glorious gift...

When she hears pawsteps approaching her, she prepares herself. She wonders who will come creeping through. Who would be ambitious enough to come alone to try and pick one of them off. However, as the feline gets closer, she realizes that it is not one of the beasts she seeks to kill. No, quite the opposite. She sees Marmotbite struggle forth and speak her name... And her legs act before her brain.

"Marmotbite!" She nearly exclaims as she rushes to the dirt covered tunneler. Despite all that dirt, she nuzzles against her face without thinking. When she does come to her senses, she backs up embarrassed. "Y-you came....Are you...Okay?"

Possibilities flood her mind that this could be a trap, but she willfully ignores the idea. She does not WANT to think about that possibility. She wants to hold onto this weird bubbly feeling and study it.​

marmotbite & 13 moons & demigirl & she/they/it & windclan tunneler
" 'M fine, " It's a warmer welcome than she expects, and despite the strangeness of experiencing gentle touch after so long she sinks into it for a moment - mismatched eyes fluttering shut if only for a moment. And then it's over - her blue one backtracking, stepping away with an expression marmotbite has never seen on her before. It almost makes her want to- head shakes, and she cuts off that train of thought, blank-faced once more. " Was'a tunnel collapse yesterday, " she says slowly, omitting the fact she'd helped cause it, that she'd wanted it to happen. " Wasn' gonna wait 'round an' waste my chance - they pro'lly think I'm dead, " she says, as though she is unphased by such a thing. Perhaps she is.

Head shakes for a moment and she takes a hobbling step forwards, and then another. " Madness- sootstar ain't no queen, no goddess of mine, " tail flicks - gaze unfocused for a moment as she stares off past the other warriors shoulder, looking at something that's not really there A memory, as intangible as it is true. " I will not follow a madwoman - but... I have a new goddess now, " she does not explain further, strangely cryptic in her words - but the smile that lights her face is shockingly bright - the same sharp teeth that have torn into flesh and blood, that have taken life, now turned into something softer by a single expression.

"A tunnel collapse?" Azaleafrost repeats. The fact that she could have lost Marmotbite the same way she lost Dazzlepaw makes her want to embrace her again. She's not sure if she could handle another loss like that. It still haunts her when she thinks of what Dazzlepaw's last moments were like all those moons ago. To think that Marmotbite could have been lost the same way... "I'm glad you got out." Azaleafrost says. "From the collapse, and from Sootstar." She adds. "I was... Worried you weren't going to come..." She admits.

It's what Marmotbite says next that blows her away, however. Her jaw drops slightly and her eyes widen in surprise. There was no mistaking that Marmotbite was talking about her as she denounced Sootstar and pledged herself to a new goddess. It was in the look on her face. "M-me?" She questions.

What does this mean? Are they mates now? Is this how it works?

"W-well.... Uh...."

What is she supposed to say? She'd ask herself what Mintshade would say, but something tells her whatever her old mentor would say isn't the right thing for the moment.

"Does this- Does this make us mates?" She asks timidly.​

marmotbite & 14 moons & demigirl & she/they/it & windclan tunneler
Her blue one seems taken aback - and really, she can't blame her. Uncertainty crosses her gaze for a moment, her own hesitance mirrored in the warrior who stands before her, until at last nervous words reach her ears. Her shock is an obvious thing - the way eyes widen and tail fluffs, and yet it's not just fear that tinges her mind, but hope. " I-... If you'd like, " she stammers, words coming out slow and drawn out. Tong draws across fangs nervously and then - " ... I'd like that, " she adds much quieter after a moment's silence - face beginning to heat in embarrassment. Suddenly, it's far to hard to look at azaleafrost, head turning as paws knead the ground anxiously.

She has a mate.

Something she never expected to have in her life, a mate. She never expected to fall in love, or for anyone to love her that way. It shakes her to the core, touches the very depths of her darkened soul with warmth and light. It's incredible, this feeling. A feeling so strong it nearly rivals the hatred and venom she has stored inside for her entire life.

"I-I would be happy to be your mate." She says, feeling the pounding of her heart and the warming of her pelt. "I've never done this before, though." She admits, looking away almost shyly. "I don't know what to do."

What DO they do now? Do they hug? Do they kiss? She tries to think of other couples shes seen. What do Wolfsong and Sunstride do? What do...Periwinklebreeze and Gravelsnap do, loathed as she is to admit that they're a couple? Sootstar and Weaselclaw, even? It doesn't help to think of these couples though. They aren't her and Marmotbite.

"Whatever happens... No matter what, I'll be by your side and will protect you." She said. She'll mow down the entire forest for Marmotbite, she's certain of it.