private A Call To the Queen | Sootstar

S

Sedgerunner

"BUT I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR"
The raid had left WindClan cold and bitter, the taste of defeat still residing on their tongues. Sedgerunner had stayed in the camp to help guard, to pray for her clan mate's safety while they fought for their right to live—to cure the growing sickness within their camp that spread like a forest fire. Their valiant efforts were wasted, only returning with two doses of cat mint and a fallen clanmate. The chaotic aftermath of imprisonment and exile, the overwhelming grief of Sunsetbreeze had put too much pressure upon the chocolate warrior. She spoke out of turn, cursing them all for their antics when they should have been mourning. Sedgerunner had been receiving scowls as of late for her outburst, but she tried not to take it personally. Though, the looming shadow of anxiety still washed over her—still caused her to shrink under their glowering eyes as she performed her duties. She wasn't disloyal by any means; she idolized Sootstar from afar, her will and strength was palpable and Sedgerunner only wished to have a fraction of her confidence.
She sighs heavily, fog billowing around her elongated features as she approaches the smoke with a meek smile and dip of her head.
"Hello, Sootstar." The warrior starts, settling beside her cautiously. It was taking a lot of her own courage to finally speak with her leader, to apologize for the disrespect from that night. "I—I just wanted—ah, dammit. Sorry! I, uh—I just wanted to apologize for that night. For speaking out in a disrespectful manner, I mean. I—I'm not sure what came over me." Her words stumble over themselves, but it finally comes across. Her paws fidget in the process, unable to keep herself still. Sedgerunner felt uncomfortable, her fur prickling up her spine. Grim thoughts riddled her mind, her own self-doubt weighing her down per usual. She spares a glance at the very pregnant queen, her virdian eyes aiming to catch hers to guage her reaction.

// @SOOTSTAR
✦ ★ ✦

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Stone cold eyes greet Sedgerunner, emotionless and calculating. Her jaw clenches, Sootstar remembers the warriors words well… she hesitates to accept the apology. To hear it as genuine. Many cats have tossed her half-hearted pleads and sorry‘s in hopes of her sparing them, its costed her to trust many who would later stab her in the back.

It feels like ages before she finally speaks, ”When your leader’s worth was questioned, when she was implied to be a bad omen instead of rushing to her aid you further added insult to her injury. It is not warrior-like, it is cowardly…“ Sootstar growls, but her fur remains flat and her claws stay sheathed. ”Tell me Sedgerunner, will you jump branch next time traitors question me?”

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

"BUT I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR"​
The silence that fell between them was near suffocating, it's weight loke a vice grip to her throat. She has no idea what Sootstar will say, but from the look upon her whispy features the moor runner knew it wouldn't be good. She waits for the gavel to slam down upon her fate, to prepare for the verbal lashing she was about to get. Stars, she deserved it—didn't she? Sedgerunner finally looks to her leader with a worried expression, her angular ears sloped against her cranium.

Finally, her Queen speaks.

A low growl she thrust out every word as piercing eyes stab into her own, steadfast and strong. Sedgerunner's lip begins to quiver under her words as they jab themselves into her skin. Although she chastised her harshly, she never attempts to move or show any sign of aggression to her. She just sits there with her swollen belly, waiting on her warrior to answer the question. Ivory fangs bite down upon her lips to stop the quivering, shifting herself and shaking her head. "N-no ma'am. I will not. I vow myself to you and to WindClan. It will not happen again." She begins to feel dizzy as so many emotions stir within her, having to use her claws to anchor herself into the ground to keep from toppling over. Calm. Calm down. She inhales before finally speaking again. "I do feel cowardly for doing so—cowardly in general. But I want to be strong—erhm. I want to be strong like you! StarClan chose you—they gave you a gift and I hope I could ever be half as strong and determined as you are."

✦ ★ ✦​