private A CRUEL ANGEL'S THESIS 𓆩♡𓆪 ORANGESTAR

A ripple of feeling crosses his spine like forewarning of a great wave. The crash had not yet come — no, not yet, but what did glide past the shore came with a forewarning. Not every omen he received was directly from the mouth of the stars, nor of the earth. Sometimes, he just expected things. This was something he trusted completely, no matter how belated the exact revelation turned out to be.

Such a feeling had him stood outside of the leader's den, eyes closed as he pondered every circumstance of just what he was about to say. And... there was a chance that she would not understand. This, he was not afraid of. The one who had slept here before she ever had... rarely, had he ever understood, since he recieved he lives; but he had never refused. He had no right to do so, and just the same remained true for Orangestar... she just may not know so, yet. Today, perhaps she would learn.

" Orangestar. " It is hard to speak her name without an ounce of bile. There is inherent bitterness in that word; the star. Still, plastered to the side of that elderberry bush, his eyes are shut tight. The right image is what he needed. The right conjuring of the cat that would greet him, before he could be shocked by its wrongness. " ...May I enter? " Curtesy. Curtesy. She could truly stop nothing.

" About a moon ago now... ThunderClan appeared at your border. They requested my help. " Slowly, his eyes peel open, dim beneath shadows. " I have done what I can to aid Gentlestorm between borders... at our meetings, but I... worry, " A frown mars his face. To some extent, he felt this word was too strong for a clan that neither his, nor Blazestar's. Nevertheless, it is the word he chooses to use. " I worry that something is coming, and ThunderClan will not be prepared. Gentlestorm will not be prepared. "

He would look Orangestar in the eyes now, for this is when the path his words walked should be the most clear. A white paw, poignantly, taps the ground in front of him. " I believe my teachings will be much more effective if I spend some time in ThunderClan territory. "

Dawnglare allows his question to hang still in the air. Or rather — his statement, for this was something he has already decided, and he would not walk back. He could not afford to be... indecisive. Not now. If only the stars shined as brightly moon did, perhaps he could see his old friend's approval in the glow at feet.

" I have... not told Fireflypaw yet, " with a shift in his posture, he admits. No, it had not been long ago that Fireflypaw had sought out his help... but snake bites were by no means a common occurrence. For all things common, Fireflypaw has more than proved his capability. Begrudgingly, he sees. " ...But he has trained plenty long. He proved his capability not long ago, when Yellowcough broke. " I'm sure that you remember, he says with his eyes alone. " I believe I can trust him with SkyClan for a moon or so... " his voice trails, and its punctuated strangely, as if he were fighting against himself. With some difficulty, he adds. " Perhaps for longer. "
EpC61GT.png

• OOC: @Orangestar
  • ( I'M AS ALIVE AS HER BEARD IS LONG ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    𓆩♡𓆪 He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    𓆩♡𓆪 Currently 61 moons old as of 2.1.24. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest. Delusional and very much stuck in his ways. The death of his closest friend has helped him none, in this
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads