a girl and her weird dog. | siltkit

P

POSSUMPAW

being a kit in a clan, there was only so much you could do before things started feeling a little dull. it's either run laps around the camp for hours, play with the other kits (that turned out great last time), or watching the adults meander around going in and out of camp for patrols or whatever it was they do.

that's why, out of boredom, lil ol' possumkit began to dig out small but sizeable holes around the clearing and so far there was quite the good amount of them scattered. most of the holes would go un-noticed by others resulting in a few cats tripping over their own two paws because of it, a surprise noise always squeaking out their throats as their body lurched forward so suddenly before recollecting themselves. it was kind of funny when possumkit managed catch it happen before going back to his digging.

as tiny claws ripped up the dirt, a wisp of cinnamon fur would catch in his peripherals causing them to pause and lift their head from the hole to look over and realizing it was none other than siltkit. hm, she didn't look busy. "hey, wanna help me dig holes?"

@Siltcloud.
[ penned by cobi ]

I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A LIE

Of all the kits in the nursery, SIltkit supposes she has the most mixed feelings about Possumkit. The scare he'd given her and hollykit was greatly upsetting, memories of sparkkit heavy in her mind, but at the same part he hadn't meant any harm. Unlike ravenkit, who seemed to take joy in tormenting them with it, it had been an unintentional thing. At the call, green gaze flicks upwards momentarily, seeking out the owner of the voice, before giving a hesitant glance around. A nervous shuffle and a hesitant nod are soon to follow, the dust-hued molly slowly slipping to her paws and padding over. "....why?" she asks once she's close enough, a bit confused at the point and purpose of this 'game'. Not that it matters - even with the uncertainty she feels, the thought of disappointing someone, of not helping, it's unthinkable to the child. a too-many toed paw gentle scuffs the dirt, uncertain.

dc78ars-d21c7470-3302-495f-86c6-7aa429d039b1.png
lilac shoulders would shrug up for a moment then fall back down into a relaxed position at siltkit's quiet inquiry. there was really no rhyme or reason to why possumkit was digging these holes everywhere but it did give him something to do while all the adults were busy going out on patrols and whatever else they did. shadowclan was always in some drab mood and it felt like no one ever did anything for fun.

"why not? its fun to dig holes plus with another set of paws we can make a super BIG hole! 's long as you're not afraid of gettin' dirty or something." he chirps out nonchalantly, going back to widening the current hole infront of him. maybe if they did make a big hole and it rained, they'd have a huge mud puddle to splash around in even though 99% of shadowclan was literally just that.

"it's up to you though, i just thought i'd ask since you weren't doing anything."
[ penned by cobi ]