private A GOOD SONG NEVER DIES;;; splashpaw

It was under... odd circumstances that they had found Splashpaw to be with them, but they were things that were not fully under the new clanmate's control. She wasn't the one who made her parents have kits across borders so although the medicine cat had been uncharacteristically cold with Pikesplash due to her thoughts on him breaking the code she did not hold it against the speckled apprentice and so had shown her the same kindness she had showed the colony cats when they had first joined and was currently showing the kittypets that had helped her and the others escape from the monsters that the twolegs had trapped them within.

Seeking out the other she'd offer a small smile before maw would open, "Hey Splashpaw, how have you been getting along in the clan?" It'd be the first of potentially many questions that would be asked, tail-tip flicking with amusement behind her. When the other had answered she'd offer a small nod - whether it be with understanding or acknowledgement would depend on the answer - before head would tilt slightly as she'd sit, more words being offered to the younger feline, "Some of the older members of the clan were originally from the swamps before the clans were formed, I was born here but all the clans stayed in ShadowClan's territory for a little bit a few seasons ago and I don't know if I'd be able to get used to it." It was said with amusement, curious about what the other's response would be.

• -- @splashpaw
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    12 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently mentoring none
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Splashpaw knew in her venture that assimilating to a new Clan would not be easy. There would be new rules to follow, a new ruler to submit to - along with traditions she doesn't know and cats that may or may not adjust well to a new stranger about. But having knowledge and awareness does not soften all the blows delt to her; she chalks it up to cats being protective and nervous. At worst, it's just words. At least here in RiverClan, cats don't bicker and die on the daily.

Her ears perk when Moonbeam finds her, and she affords the medicine cat a smile, "Hey - er..." Names, names... She tracks through a couple, before testing, "Mouse...beam? No - no, Moonbeam, right?" She hopes that the she-cat will give her grace in at least trying to remember. The following question is met with an impartial shrug, "Some cats are nice about me being around, some... aren't. But it's fine, I can get hunting done regardless on if cats like me or not, y'know?" It hurts still but she doesn't vocalize that.

Moonbeam continues, detailing the past of them all, and then the more recent event. Splashpaw doesn't speak so quickly, however she knows that the time ShadowClan housed every Clan in its territory, is when her parents met. She smiles, "I've heard that tale before..." she murmurs, drawing her paws closer to her body. She's not sure if Moonbeam herself counted the moon cycles or if she's fishing for answers - or if she's just being kind. ShadowClan cats rarely did much just for the sake of it, after all. And though Splashpaw wishes to make friends, she will not betray her mother and family. "New places, you mean?" She guides the conversation away with a simple smile, "It's hard at first, but sometimes... sometimes I tell myself that this is the nest I've made. And sure - it's a little bright, and a little wet, but it's surrounded by cats that care for their home - that maybe, deep down, care for me. And a little discomfort is worth the hope that one day, I'll just be a RiverClanner. Not a transplant."

A long pause follows her words, before she offers a playful giggle. "Not to be crass, or anything, but I'm not sure you'd do well in my other home. Let's just say... your pelt would be too noticeable, yea?" She hopes Moonbeam enjoys her jest.​

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. Curiosity had always fueled the medicine cat's actions and this was no different, there was no ill-will laced within her appearance or words that were shared with the new apprentice the water-liking clan had gained, simply curiosity for what she was like, what she would be like when grown. It was not common that a cat so young yet so experienced with clan life were to join their ranks and usually by this point in a cat's life those around them knew who they were, knew some of their likes and dislikes and what topics to tread carefully. When Splashpaw tested out names only to come to the proper name in the end she'd offer a slight nod before more words were spoken and a simple "I guess." Would quietly be murmured out.

It was natural for the cats of the clan to dislike newer cats joining - it happened with those that had been part of the colony when they'd joined and it was happening now with the few kittypets that had decided to join - and though she wished she could offer words of encouragement to the apprentice she had never truly been good at those, and this situation was new to many of those in the clan, so how would she be able to offer anything but telling her to stick to it and do her best?

Conversation continued and she'd nod her head once more at the question before it was steered in the direction Splashpaw wanted. "I'm sure you'll get there with most of the clan eventually... you've already got myself and Lichenstar backing you up on that." She'd offer the small words, for after all if Lichenstar did not believe that she could be a RiverClanner then why did she agree to allow Splashpaw to live among them? "Besides, blood doesn't always make a clan cat, it's about helping and caring for your clanmates, following the code that matters." Whether it be someone moves from one clan to another, joined as loners or kittypets, or were born into the clan background didn't make a RiverClanner a RiverClanner it was what the cat did here and now - things they could control - that made them part of their clan.

When Splashpaw mentioned her pelt being too noticeable in the marshes an amused small laugh would escape her maw. "Oh it is for sure, I was training to be a warrior when I was there and I wasn't able to catch a single thing, everything noticed me even when I was covered in mud." Despite the whole ordeal being a horrible thing overall and she would never wish for such a thing to happen again she couldn't help but try to see the good in the situation, even if they were just small little quips and jokes scattered here and there. The clans had been victorious overall and that had been all that mattered, the main stories that would be told in detail would be of the victories the clans had against the rogues and yellowcough and not the pain and grief that had come before.

76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png

• --
  • flesh wounds
    ꕥꕥ infections
    aches & pains
    ꕥꕥꕥ illness
    ꕥꕥꕥ breathing
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ traveling
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ broken bones
    kitting
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ poisons
  • SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears