border a lesson learned || mentor & apprentice

〕It was nearly sun high by the time they reached the border with Windclan. Merlinpaw had gotten to meet a couple Skyclan cats, and Iciclefang and her daughter from Riverclan. It had been quite some time since she had been to the Windclan border herself. She wondered if any of the Windclanners from the journey would be out and about today. She hadn't seen Scorchstreak since before she had gone into the nursery before newleaf. Llke she had with the previous two borders, she would begin to inform Merlinpaw of the other clan's ranks. "This is our border with Windclan. Their leader is Sunstar, with Scorchstreak as his deputy. Their medicine cats are Wolfsong and Cottonsprig." To her surprise, a fresh scent of Windclan did not appear for awhile. I wonder where they are? Perhaps they had just came at a time between patrols. The deputy turned her gaze to her apprentice, "Can you tell me one thing that sets Windclan apart from all the others?"
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. @MERLINPAW
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

LIKE A PICTURE IN A FRAME
WISH WE COULD'VE STAYED THE SAME
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze 25 moons demi-boy windclan lead warrior
82895788_uPPlp3McehSP0eh.png
" We r-run faster then y-you, " comes a raspy voice, though tone is decidedly friendly - a grin upon Periwinklebreeze's maw as the moor runner makes an appearance. He is glad, to have this freedom back - he's mised being able to talk to the other clans, to know firsthand what is happening across the moors. He ignores the lingering ache in his ribs he can't seem to shake, instead settling for taking a few quiet but sharp breathes. " Flamewhisker, " he greets he deputy with a small dip of his head, before eyes fall upon her sidekick. " And c-company - new apprentice th-then? " he asks, genuinely curious. " This is V-vulturepaw - my s-son and apprentice, " he says after a moments pause, pride flaring in his eyes.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
I ' V E - A L W A Y S - B E E N - R E A L - B A D - W I T H - C H A N G E
@Vulturepaw apprentice tag <3

༄༄ From a tunnel near the border emerges first a pair of mismatched red-and-black ears, then a scarred face, and then a red-striped body. Scorchstreak beckons her apprentice out of the tunnel as well, dappled tail flickering only a whisker’s length in front of the black-blotched tom’s face. The border with ThunderClan has been quiet since WindClan had lent their efforts to saving the other clan twice—today, there is no trace of either wolves or twolegs rushing about the path that divides the two territories. The only forms standing there now are a familiar red tabby and an unfamiliar, much smaller figure. She turns to her apprentice, her explanation kept short and sweet. "Bilberrypaw, that cat is Flamewhisker. She is ThunderClan’s deputy, and she was one of the cats who went on the great journey to help save the clans. Be sure you speak to her with respect." There is much more that she could say about the ThunderClanner, but that would certainly only serve to overwhelm young Bilberrypaw’s mind.

"Good day, Flamewhisker," she greets the other deputy after Periwinklebreeze has spoken. She has not seen Flamewhisker in ages… after she had seen the other at the border with a figure telling of pregnancy, she had not seen her again until now. Her litter must have become apprentices, and the she-cat must have put her days of queendom behind her at last. "It is good to see you out and about once again. I assume your kits have become apprentices by now… this is my new apprentice. Bilberrypaw." She gestures to the tom, expecting him to greet the other deputy.

• ooc: apprentice tag @BILBERRYPAW
  • 84614867_oGXlwEhkllyouH3.jpg
  • SCORCHSTREAK ❯❯ she/they, deputy (tunneler) of windclan
    small, slim flame-streaked calico with fiery golden eyes. cold and closed-off, ferociously protective of her clanmates. rarely seen aboveground.
    mate to bluepool ; sibling to rattleheart & rabbitclaw
    mentor to bilberrypaw ; previously mentored pinkshine
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted, but may react aggressively
    penned by foxlore

Sunhigh's light rose upon the cusp of its apex, like a heliacal arc that burned through the sky, with summer's heat blistering upon their backs to match. Flamewhisker told her of the high ranks of Windclan as well, though by now, all of the information started to seep out of her ears. In time she would surely grasp upon it, but for now, she only grabbed at the threads of new knowledge. Still, she attempted to memorize them as best as she could - who knew when it would come in handy? "Windclan... They run fast, right? And they don't have trees on their territory, I think." Merlinpaw stared outwards to the sprawling moorlands that belonged to Windclan, as if the amplitude of sunward stead rested upon the ends of their fields, with an endless stretch of swaying and singing sedges in between. Breathing out a sigh of relief, the bundle of wiry and knotted anxieties counted her blessings that there were no Windclan cats at the border. Well, her blessings must have fell short of her lips, she realized moments later. A few felines broke through the sea of verdancy, though the blue tortoiseshell could hardly stand to look in the periphery of their smoldering gazes, like they were resurgent sunlight that would burn her if she even stole a glance. "'m Merlin... paw." She muttered, hoping it had been loud enough for the patrol to hear. I probably look so silly, standing next to the deputy. They're probably thinking about why I'm here with Flamewhisker, of all cats...

Habit bids Bilberrypaw to look Periwinklebreeze's way as he blinks his bleary eyes into focus. The dark had been an encompassing thing—the light feels overbearing in contrast. The ThunderClanners capture Bilberrypaw's attention next and then, lastly, his mismatched eyes flicker over to Scorchstorm as she introduces him to the ThunderClanners and the ThunderClanners to him. Excitement, already buzzing through Bilberrypaw's feet, doubles. His face breaks into a grin and then, without an ounce of anything timid, Bilberrypaw steps ahead of Scorchstorm to meet the other apprentice.

"I've never met someone from a different clan before," Bilberrypaw chirps and then, remembering himself, amends, "Well, except for RiverClan, but I've never met a ThunderClanner before!"

He peers beyond Merlinpaw for only a moment and then once more his eyes are focused on Merlinpaw alone, "How do you see the stars with all the trees? Or do you have a space without any trees? And—" He cuts himself off with a gasp for air, suddenly winded, "And, ah, do you..." Somehow, he is still breathless. Bilberrypaw looks to Scorchstorm for—help? advice?—before he settles on an innocent lie, "I forgot what else I was gonna ask, sorry!"​
windclan apprentice | black and white harlequin | six moons | tags

Not too far after Scorchstreak and Bilberrypaw comes Stoatspot, heaving herself out with a little less… Grace than Scorchstreak had, but hey! It gets done all the same and its not exactly her fault that she had gotten claws stuck in the dirt.

On the Thunderclan side of the border stands a red tabby and a blue spotted tortie who looks a little bit like they feel out of place and Stoats heart squeezes for them. Merlinpaw, they manage to get out, barely audible to the cats on the other side.

She feels a little out of place with the lack of apprentice trailing her side but… She only dwells on it long enough to let her whiskers twitch in amusement. With no one to introduce, she just throws out a simple and pleasant greeting."Well, howdy there you two! How’re you liking apprenticeship, Merlinpaw?" Bilberrypaw assaults the poor apprentice with questions and it makes Stoat chuckle under her breath. Scorchstreak converses with Flamewhisker, Periwinkle as well. All that the spotted she-cat knew of her was that she was Thunderclans deputy… And that wasn’t much to speak about, especially since it was apparent at (most) every gathering… Or perhaps not recently, because Scorchstreak mentioned kits. Her eyes settle on Flamewhisker for a second, waiting to hear her answer.

• stoatspot ʚ♡ɞ palomino
    cis female ʚ♡ɞ she/her ʚ♡ɞ 24 months
    windclan warrior ʚ♡ɞ mentoring n/a
    fluffy black / fawn tortie chimera with heterochromia ʚ♡ɞ short, but pure muscle
    "speech, bfdb81" ʚ♡ɞ thoughts
    single ʚ♡ɞ pansexual
    smells like straw, fresh rainfall & soil ʚ♡ɞ home on the range
    penned by chuff

˖⁺‧₊ ☽◯☾ ₊‧⁺˖  Vulturepaw has never encountered a different clan before, save for DuskClan. Naturally, he is quite terrified of the idea. Other clans were a danger, one his dad had told him to keep wary of, and one his own experiences had proved were such. While he's at least fairly certain that WindClan would never eat kits the way Possumscratch said... But the others have yet to prove anything to him.

He peers around Periwinklebreeze with narrowed eyes, keeping his distance. The deputy, here on his first border patrol... That can't be a good sign. "Hello... Um, Flamewhisker and Merlinpaw. I'm - " A glance to his mentor, and his mouth snaps shut. Obviously, he doesn't need to introduce himself. "Uh, you already know..."

Bilberrypaw, being himself, barrages the similarly timid ThunderClanner with questions, and their ears press back. It is only now that they creep fowards, just enough for their brother to be within earshot. "D-d... Don't get too close, Bilberrypaw," he hisses softly. They both need to be very mindful of the border, after all... And he doesn't want Bilberrypaw getting too friendly and having it used against him. They don't know what these cats are capable of.

• 78719023_Dn5AkWBYFbxxqzb.png

"SPEECH"
  • VULTUREPAW he / they, apprentice of windclan, six moons.
    a spiky-furred dark tabby with amber eyes.
    skittish and dour, with a superstitious sort of pessimism.
    micheal x npc, adopted by periwinklebreeze. sibling to dustpaw and bilberrypaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNIDsaturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.