camp A MOMENT OF SILENCE - rta

HOLLYWHISPER.

SECRETIVE SOUL
Nov 19, 2023
Oriolekit is asleep.

She's asleep! And so is Sunsetkit! As soon as she could talk and walk, the little tortoiseshell had gained all of the energy from his youth, and sapped all of his current energy as well. Always talking too loud, always taking someone by surprise and rough-housing. Hollywhisper knows that he probably wasn't easy as a kitten - Ume was always the less rambunctious of the two of them - but he doesn't think he was this much trouble.

He doesn't have much time to himself these days. He doesn't have much energy for observing and taking note of things, always focused on making sure his daughter doesn't take off out of camp or doesn't accidentally get herself hurt by sneaking up on the wrong cat. But she's finally closed her eyes for some much needed rest, and as much as he'd love to get some shut-eye of his own, he has his own issues to deal with, namely something inherited from his father.

Hollywhisper takes a deep breath and steps out of the nursery to stretch his legs. He hopes he doesn't look too much more tired than usual...​

"Speech"

SOMETIMES THAT LONELY LOVE DEFILES YOU

"Oh, I was just about to bring you this." Fluffypaw drops a starling at her paws, her mouth muffled with stray feathers. She spits them out delicately, smiling through it all. "I didn't catch it, but the fresh-kill pile is full for once, and I figured you'd be hungry. Want to eat it out here?" Conspiratorially, she glances over Hollywhisper's shoulder and into the nursery. She can see ginger furballs bundled together in the nest he shares with his kits, snoozing.

"I'll bet you're tired, too," she says affectionately. "Come, sit over here with me and eat. I can tell you about my patrol, if you want. It wasn't very exciting, though... so if you want we can talk about... um..." Her tail flicks, and she fumbles for a moment. How she wish she had Candorpaw's brain!

• ooc:
  • imfwvC1.jpg
  • Fluffykit . Fluffypaw, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 7 moons old, ages realistically on the 8th.
    — mentored by Greeneyes ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — skyclan apprentice. butterflytuft x dandelionwish, gen 3.
    — penned by Marquette.
    lh chocolate tortie/cream chimera with jade eyes. frightened, clingy, anxious, gentle.

———————————skyclan kit | 5mo | emptypilled——————————
Jellykit was rather poor in taking consideration of the queens around her. Selfishly she demanded their time and attention without remorse or thought as to what they were doing prior, or care to look for the exhaustion on their faces before she requested they play with her and her denmates. Her mother used to be who she pestered the most of course, but eventually the queen learned how to tune Jellykit out or outright ignore she was there when she did not want to be bothered, and thus turned her to the other queens.

Hollywhisper may have been able to escape his own, but the white-splashed she-cat did not show mercy. "Raahhh... RAAHH!" Jellykit leapt onto the wing of the starling, feathers burst from beneath her paws. "Fluffypaw! Hollywhisper! Did you hear that? It sounds like the... BIRD MONSTER is nearby!" She laughed but not from her own silly play, but the secret she is keeping from them both. The secret that she is the bird monster!

[penned by beatae].

• Haha
Reactions: FLUFFYPAW
Watching from his roost upon the lower branch of a pine, Thistleback’s metallic stare softens at the sight of Jellykit with their tiny mighty roar. His patience for his own children had been shocking to most, when they were young little scorpions scurrying about and wreaking havoc- well, he looks back with a fondness. Mostly because, Deersong was the queen and dealt with them most of the day. He doubted she missed the nursery. He himself however, well- he’d trade a thousand newleafs to have those moments again. A faint smile fell over black lined lips, and a hoarse purr growls in his chest like gravel churning.

Hollywhisper, looked about ready to tip over. Greeted by a kind young apprentice, and offered a moment’s peace. Kits had no concept of the need for boundaries however, and despite how cute and wholesome they can be. Thistleback learned to read the signs of a tired queen who needed a break through the mannerisms of Deersong.

He slips from the low hanging branch and lands with the powerful thud of his hard knuckled paws before crossing the short distance towards the trio. White tipped tail flicking just above the ground,

" what’s this about a bird monster? " Thistleback uses the voice he used with his own kits, exaggerated and curious. " let’s keep quiet so this monster doesn’t hear us, yeah? " he drops his tone to a whisper. Sensing there was probably a kit or two laid to nap. " What’s it look like? we must be careful " he glances toward hollywhisper and Fluffypaw, dipping his chin in greeting and hoping to steal away the playful child’s attention.

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty-eight mns. EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Former Lead warrior of Skyclan 12.22.22 - 06.2023
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotecrest, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring none formerly Snowpath & Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

don't raise your voice . improve your argument .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
One thing Duskpool wished hadn’t been passed down was their ability to sleep properly. Breathin’ a hoarse sigh, Duskpool peeled himself away from the camp’s entrance to brush a woolly plumage against Hollywhisper in silent greetin’ as he approached, whiskers quiverin’ in subtle amusement at Jellykit’s antics, appreciatin’ Thistleback’s quick maneuverin’ to steer the kit’s attention elsewhere.

A molten hue settled on the tiredness seepin’ from Hollywhisker’s frame, expression fallin’ lax despite its deadpan nature. “Why don’t I find Duststorm and the two of ya can sleep in my nest while I watch over Oriolekit?” He prompted, knowin’ the tom would drag his son to get a well-needed nap. “The two of ya can share the mouse Fluffpaw brought over.” He then added, glancin’ at the apprentice with an appreciative nod.
thought speech