camp A PETTY STONE TURNS INTO A GEM ˚⊹♡ moving

ODDGLEAM

‧₊˚ WINGED DREAMER
Feb 7, 2024
Oddgleam would have been content to stay in the warrior's den, curled up in the shared nest for just a little longer. However, he can't ignore how much of s struggle it has become to keep up with his own duties. Sluggish every time he gets up and more clingy, than he likes to admit. It is a pain so to say. The feathered calico lets a shaky breath leave him, as he puts one paw in front of the other.

Slowly, drifting towards the open maw of the den with nesting supplies clasped awkwardly between his teeth. He ignores the onlookers, yet somehow it still made him feel self-consciousness. Oddgleam gave himself a shake as he neared the nursery with a hum. He had only been to the nursery a small handful of times, just dropping off prey for the queens and kits within the sheltered den. Copper eyes blink, before settling down his materials near his paws. "Hello?" calls a soft voice, poking his mismatched splattered head into the nursery.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • temp oddgleam reference
    1a1e4325bc0a9b8c18aa8a0378a5e293e5cfb5cb.pnj
  • ( LIKE HONEY IN WARM MILK ) ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ ODDGLEAM. ╱ skyclan warrior.
    ⸝⸝ non-binary ; HE / THEY ; 17 MOONS OLD & AGES EVERY 7TH.
    bi-pan / polyamorous / mated to crowsight & owlheart
    pretty, long-legged medium furred sliver-cream calico with copper eyes.
    battle notesthoughts ; "Speech, ac7d88" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like caramel frappe & chilled stone
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

”HEWWO!”

From just within the nursery’s entrance pops up the seal point kitten, her oceanic blues fixated on Oddgleam with curiosity and glee. Budkit adores visitors! Especially the ones who bring special things… although the materials in the calico’s maw don’t actually seem special or interesting at first glance. Just boring nest stuff…

Oh well. Budkit is still excited by his presence. Her excitement shows in the way her kinked tail is held aloft and her many toed paws knead against the den floor. Many words and questions bubble up in her mind, spilling over and cascading down to her maw; a tidal wave about to body slam the poor nervous calico.

“What do you have dere? Who are you? My name is Budkit! This is my den and I share it with my mama, Butterfwytuft! And there are others hewe too, of couwse. Are you gonna share dis den too? I can hewp make room! I can move dis,” she scampers away without waiting for an answer to shove a wad of moss aside, then hip hoppedly plods further in to wriggle her own nest closer to the wall before singsongy announcing, “and I move dis! And now you can have dis spot next to meee!”

With a flourish of her polydactyl paw she shows Oddgleam the pitifully small area her hastily rearranging had created. At least it was made out of pure and good intentions.
[ penned by kerms ]

88218229_2gsjzIq9K9maPAN.gif
Grandmother! She's going to be a grandmother! There's been a noticeable spring in even Doeblaze's weary step ever since Fireflyglow had officially confirmed the news. Her not - so - little family will be growing even further, bringing in grandkits she can visit during her free time and entertain with stories of the journey and trinkets from outside of camp. Further proof—proof that she hadn't known she needed so desperately until she'd found it—that despite all her mistakes, Crowsight's paws are set on the right path, alongside two cats he can love and trust. They've been tenuously attempting to mend the tatters of their relationship, and she hopes with the desire of the damned that his kits will go a ways towards that.

" Moving in? " she greets Oddgleam, loping away from the camp's main thoroughfare with the stray pine needles of her last patrol still clinging to cowlicks of lilac fur. Sympathy and excitement swirl in the tired sage - brightness of her gaze as Oddgleam, looking awkward and sapped of energy—the picture of a new queen—drifts onto the nursery's entrance, a bundle of nest materials cluttered at his paws. Budkit makes a fine welcoming committee as she bursts from within its depths, brilliant blues fixed on the queen - to - be with the heartwarming glee of a kitten.

" Seems you've already got your neighbor picked out for you, " Doeblaze mrrows with a chuff of amusement, ducking her own head slightly to peer into the den, where Budkit energetically clears a too - small space for Oddgleam to move in to. " Afraid I won't be much help, " she meows as she ducks past the nervous light - washed calico, her eye crinkling up in a smile that doesn't quite make it onto her maw as she blinks amiably at Budkit. " It's been a while since I was in here. "

" Might be able to make some space, though, " she offers hopefully as she bats one of the staler - looking nests further aside ( she'll have to put Cloudypaw on nestmaking duty sometime ), considering the space with her ears at a thoughtful twitch. " It's just . . . Butterflytuft, Honeysplash, and now you, " Doeblaze rattles off, appending, " I think so, anyways. "
4d5460.png

OOC :

It wasn't an experience they'd had.... all their suspicions had been quietly kept under lock and key. They were fortunate that spending so much time in and around the nursery as an apprentice had tipped them off to changes in behavior... posture... the texture of fur. Oddgleam's reveal hadn't been quite so subtle... They pity that, as their eyes trail the shuffling cat. Already? Had the time come for him to be sequestered into the nursery for safe keeping until such a time he had tiny versions of his loved ones to keep him company? Anxiety simmers hotly in their chest but they move with a purpose, standing to follow the nervous queen as Doeblaze circles him joyously.

Her excitement is warranted but.... embarrassing... Edenberry couldn't dig into the relationship of a mother fussing over their increased roundness, chirping about grandbabies and names and wailing about making sure they were perfectly comfortable. It is both endearing and bothersome... especially given how private Oddgleam tended to be. It must be overwhelming (kits always were).

Budkit practically screeches a greeting, running hot laps around the small enclosed space to try to make room for her new den-mate. Just as friendly and selfless as the molly that raised her... Though not quite so timid like Fluffypaw had been. Their vision traces the shape of their friend, concern lining the creases of their frown, hoping beyond hope that his kitting would not be an act of suffering, that he wouldn't be over-run by a horde of kits for his first litter. These are all sympathies that mimic only their own fears and forget his station, his good fortune... his loves.

Tears well at the corners of their eyes when they finally find Oddgleam's own face, the pinch of nervous excitement between his eyes, "I'm so happy for you," they squeak around the urge to cry. As humiliating as Doeblaze's hovering might be, at least it comes from a place of affection and familial devotion, "Anything you need... just say the word! I'm here for you." All anyone ever seemed to care about were their future residents... the queen all but forgotten outside of constant deliveries of food and nagging about what to call them.

Maybe that wasn't completely true... A warping of truth to justify their own secrecy and newfound discomfort around pregnancy.

• -- edenberry / skyclan daylight warrior / any pronouns / 16 moons
    -- mostly white with black pinstripe and green eyes / scarred face and back
    -- color #728c69​

The concept of parenthood still hasn't sunk in, she wonders if it had for Crowsight or Oddgleam. Part of her hoped so, especially for Oddgleam who will soon wake up everyday and be reminded of it. Won’t he be reminded every time he sees Budkit and Butterflytuft? Or with Honeysplash and her brood? She just hopes that he feels a little more prepared about this than she does, for his own concerns and wellbeing. He had left before her and didn't know where they going until she saw him in front of the nursery. Edenberry and Doeblaze both by and around his side.

She's quick to leave the den, taking her place on the opposite side of her mate from where Edenberry stood. Owlheart brushes her tail against his hind leg, not wanting to overwhelm them by pressing any further against him. One look at him confirms what she suspected, that they would be more nervous than she ever could be. It was understandable, he's a queen now after all. The tabby was always one to wear her heart on her paw, emotions swam clear in her eyes. There was concern, nerves and a tinge of sadness in a bitter-sweet smile. It would be a long time before they all shared a nest again, of course she would visit as much as possible and more likely than not push how long she can stay during her visits. It's not quite the same though, the concept of loneliness was a big concern of hers and she didn't want her mate to experience that. These were the last things that she should be thinking though, pushing worries aside she decided that right now he needed the support more than her stress.

Budkit's cry of a hello catches her attention away from Oddgleam, at least the friendly kit had enough excitement for two. “He might need more room Budkit, that's very kind of you though” she didn't want to hurt the kits feelings but she also didn't want her to think that would be an acceptable place for bedding. “Maybe you could help more by finding a nice decoration for his nest?” Wide eyes glance between the calico and the pale kit, trying to find a way to appease her and also not overwhelm the newest resident of the nursery. She felt awkward standing here, wanting to support her mate and not really knowing that he too felt awkward. At least Doeblaze and Edenberry were here, she hoped that the pale splotched queen felt a little better with those who have been near the nursery semi recently offering their own versions of support.

Edenberry appeared more openly upset about this development than Oddgleam himself. They had always been rather empathetic so Owlheart could only assume that was the case here. With the fact that Edenberry visited the nursery often back before they got sick she felt glad that he had a friend looking out for him. Not only that, a friend who had some kind of experience with helping out queens in the past. “If there's anything I can do just let me know, love” she purrs by his side, not daring herself to leave just yet. “I'll keep an eye out for the softest bedding I can find, did you want some of the moss from our nest too?” Maybe that could mean at least that some part of his mates were with him even on quieter nights separated from one another.