sensitive topics a roll of apathetic thunder / confirmation, rta

Feb 20, 2023
There hadn't been a body.

Chickadeepaw blinked at the cat in front of them, their golden eyes focusing and unfocusing as the hot tell-tale pinpricks of tears sprang to attention. It couldn't be true. It was a cruel joke if it were. It was an awful joke that StarClan had played on them for moons now, taking Dovepaw, Wrenflutter, Duckpaw, Hawkshiver, Lichenpaw. It wasn't fair. They couldn't take her little sister too, not her. Not her baby sister.

There wasn't any way she would've survived.

"She's not dead." the fluffy cat whispered, their bottom lip trembling. "My sister isn't dead, please -" their eyes darted from cat to cat, pleading, begging wordlessly. Somebody please - you're wrong, she-she's not - ?"

There wasn't even a body.

// little bit of back writing to finally get this guy goin again. set just after this thread. first poster is free to be the one who told chikky!

• Sad
Reactions: Noor ♡

Flycatcher's eyes shimmer with tears as he broke the news of Acornwish's attack and death. Already it would have been painful telling his clanmates, but his heart damn near breaks at Chickadeepaw's words, her pleas and desperation for it all to not be true. "I'm sorry, Chickadeepaw, but its true," Flycatcher said solemnly, bowing his head. "The wolf scent was so strong and there was too much blood. The likelihood that she would have survived an attack is unlikely." He hesitates a moment before adding, "I'm sorry we couldn't bring her back. She deserved to have been buried close to home."

UNTIL FOREVER COMES
YOU'LL FIND US CHASING THE SUN

flickerwing & 15 moons & male & he/him & thunderclan warrior

5837c3_a0a4a81853cf449b98aeb4014e9ee12d~mv2.jpg
Acornwish is dead. Their little sister is dead. It seems... unreal. A nightmare, but one he cannot wake from.

Flycatcher gives apologies, but they do nothing to soothe the awful pain in his belly and his heart, dos nothing to cool the burning in his eyes or the feeling of sick that creeps up his throat. But... Flickerwing cannot breakdown - not here, not now. Perhaps not ever. He has chickadeepaw to think of - he's always been a rational tom, clam and collected and full of good advice - surely, his sister needs a shoulder to cry on now more than ever.

Seal point figure gives only a stiff nod at the former deputy, clinging tightly to his fraying composure as he moves to wrap himself around his littermate. " We'll give her a vigil - a marker, so she can be with her family in spirit, " comes soothing voice, gentle and hushed. She's probably already joined them in starclan, he thinks, but perhaps the gesture will help the living. " It'll be okay, " maybe not now, maybe not even moons from now - but someday, they'll be okay again.

Death was just... another part of life. And someday, they'll join her in starclan. It's a pitiful consolation, but it soothes him nonetheless.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

P L A Y I N T H E D A R K ' T I L I ' T S G O L D E N A G A I N

↟↟ᨒ   Duskbird had put it from his mind, and he sits here now recognizing the immense cruelty in doing so. A clanmate. A friend. Someone's family, gone, and he– he had the audacity to think as if everything would just move on. Or maybe that was just another ridiculous hope. There'd been so much. Blazestar was gone. He had stood at the gathering where it was announced and swallowed his own heart, this terrible guilt, and he couldn't carry any more. He couldn't lose his clan when they were all that he had. Chickadeepaw is suffering now. He wants, selfishly, to not be a part of it. The young warrior instead forges deeper into the pain of it so that they at least could swim together. "She's with StarClan, now."

Briefly, he thinks of Morningpaw in his hazy, dying dream. The lush, beautiful forest that he immediately knew he would miss the rest of his living days. "She'll never be hungry again. It won't hurt anymore. And you'll see her again one day." If they didn't believe that, what could they?
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • 55613602_gyytUHFbTl2Funb.png
    BLAZESTAR x LITTLE WOLF, " ORPHAN " LITTERMATE TO SKYCLAW; HALF SIBLING TO BURNSTORM, MOONWHISPER, HOWLFIRE, FIREFLYPAW, MORNINGPAW. MENTORED BY NIGHTBIRD. NEWFOUND THUNDERCLAN WARRIOR.
    ——— recently discovered his father's identity and is withdrawing into himself. seems distant and troubled, going about his duties absently as if sleepwalking his routine. seems mechanical around his family in particular, or anyone that he suspects knew the truth of his parentage. his ambitions have died quietly.

TOYHOUSE ╱╱ AN ATHLETIC, LANKY CHOCOLATE TORBIE WITH DEEP AMBER EYES.
  •