duskclan A SNAKE SHEDDING SKIN | sparring

PRIVETFROST

✦ ABENDSTERN
Feb 16, 2024

Within Privetpaw lie a beast fluttering awake, like a brutish force hovering just over a sleeping form, ivory teeth bared just upon the light that revealed it from its sheath. It had come undone after the Windclan raid, when his paws had been varnished in blood and his sweat had rolled down in rivulets. He felt it, that flame of triumph kindling in front of him, and he wished to grab it and hold it within his paws. It was simply in the boy's nature to want, like the alcoholic yearned for a drink, for the saccharine embrace of that which would inevitably spell its harm. He wanted to feel as though he were in the fray again, that rush of conquest and being above another cat. Those acts of submission were the greatest gift to him, taken and torn apart by the howling dogs of his own bottomless heart of desires. He did not care what it took... the wine-dark apprentice would surely have it again. "I want to hone my combative abilities. I want to have a sparring opponent." The rousing statement resounded through the destitute camp, to no cat in particular, as though it were a lone war-cry to be beheld by those it graced the ears of. Despondent bird's song, he aimed to pluck whoever would volunteer from the meager crowd, to give them all that he had learned in his months of training with Rumblerain. Olivine eyes restlessly rolled around for his peers, for those who would grant themselves the fragility of their flesh.

• OOC:
  • 7THZAb4.png
  • —— PRIVETPAW / He/Him / 8 Moons
    —— Apprentice of Duskclan / Mentored by Rumblerain
    —— Wine-dark and white-tipped, almost like a magpie. He has black fur except for the tips of his ears, his muzzle and chin, a blaze on his chest, bottom portion of the legs, outer end of the tail, and along the upper ridges of eyes. He has ghost striping that can only be seen in certain sunlight. He has fern-green eyes.
    —— Cool, calculating, and much too mature for such a young age. Enamored with the life of a warrior and burdened by the expectations of his people. Hard to befriend and harder to maintain a steady friendship with.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

( ) The aftermath of raiding WindClan had sorely bruised the ego of DuskClan's reputation, Hollowcreek owuld think. Granitepelt had announced so assuredly, as if the stars could not possibly protect the Clans from their wrath.

Now he was just bones and infected flesh, somewhere they did not bother to go looking.

At least Privetpaw was not so easily battered in spirit, and so the burly tom rose to his challenge. Even in his half-starved state and dull fur, he would still make a mighty opponent for someone like the dark tom. Perhaps if he could find some success in this spar, he may be a better tool when Rumblerain needed.

"Then start, let's go." Hollowcreek rumbled, his ears twitching away the stray flea from wiry tufts.
( I SEE YOUR COLLARBONE ; AND WANNA LOSE CONTROL )

Privetpaw faced Hollowcreek, mange-bitten and scab-ridden, as though a beast beheld by its last days. The wine-dark apprentice regarded him as a feline bedeviled by the great demon of age, how it had dewretted and dried him of any prior vigor, though tall he still stood. Is that what will happen to me when I am weak? He had wondered before. No. I would never be weak like that. Cruel thoughts from a boy who had been weaned and watered in nothing but. Narrowing fern-hued eyes, the boy crouched down in the start of a leaping position, as the roiling tar within him bayed for blood. He attempted to swerve right and slash at Hollowcreek's right flank with unsheathed claws, darting away quickly before any gnashing jaws could drag him backwards. With Hollowcreek's size, he could have easily knocked Privetpaw over, even with the apprentice's honed combat skills. He would try to avoid that scenario, try to never allow the wind to be swept from his fleet footfall.

• 7THZAb4.png
  • —— PRIVETPAW / He/Him / 8 Moons
    —— Apprentice of Duskclan / Mentored by Rumblerain
    —— Wine-dark and white-tipped, almost like a magpie. He has black fur except for the tips of his ears, his muzzle and chin, a blaze on his chest, bottom portion of the legs, outer end of the tail, and along the upper ridges of eyes. He has ghost striping that can only be seen in certain sunlight. He has fern-green eyes.
    —— Cool, calculating, and much too mature for such a young age. Enamored with the life of a warrior and burdened by the expectations of his people. Hard to befriend and harder to maintain a steady friendship with.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.