A SONG LIKE A DREAM — little wolf

MORNINGPAW ☆

you're never alone ✫ 12.14.2022
Sep 23, 2022
Gray Wolf had gone to the mountains to bring Little Wolf home. Morningpaw watches the starswept forest shiver, her heart aching with emotion, as her mother comes to see her again at last. She looks strong, young as she had when Morningpaw had lived, tucked into the safety of her black tail—and she looks happy. Death has stolen the melancholy from her eyes and given her the wisdom that all cats find when they enter this moonlit realm.

She feels a tear burn down her cheek; her smile trembles. “Little Wolf,” she says, and her voice squeaks. She has not felt her mother’s nose in her fur in many moons, many lonely moons, and though Little Wolf should not have had to die, she had. She’s here now, here with the daughter who misses her more than anything. She runs to her now, flings herself at her and begins to cry even before she reaches her. “Mother, I—I missed you! I missed you so much!” Her tiny body trembles, her spotted paws grasping the queen who’d clutched her body as snow piled up around them.

When she draws away, she's almost breathless at her selfishness, and she stammers, “I'm so sorry—you deserved to stay and be happy again, and I wish you could have..."

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]

@LITTLE WOLF