private a thousand willow trees .. starlingheart

She can still feel the warmth of iron on her claws.

What will it mean, moons and moons from this day, when she is staring up at the same sky that glared down at her as they swallow her last gasp for air?

Nothing. Reassurance came swiftly. Justice was given. She was not interested in pursuing Wolfsong like a hound after a hare, and doubted the tom would need another lesson on keeping the name of her kin from his maw. Not if either of them wanted to see another gathering, at least.

"Gathering herbs all the way out here?" Lilacfur approached her sister as the scent of WindClan carried from the breeze, spotting the bicolored molly as she padded further away from the thunderpath that broke between the marshes and the moors. A number of warriors had reported the same answer to her question on the whereabouts of their medicine cat. Lilacfur had noted the stripped patches of herbs she passed while following the path of Starlingheart's scent, as well as the absence of them between her teeth.

"I hope the bounty on my head was not so costly... I'll help you find more of whatever you gave away." Her attempt to humor was dry. None of it frankly felt worthy of a laugh. "... I don't regret what I did, what I said, but I hope you haven't made him believe that behavior can be repeated. Ah, no matter..." Her gaze wandered back toward the direction of WindClans border, before snapping back to meet shades so many times described as their mothers.

"Marblekit told me, the night before the gathering. You already know StarClan will accept her?" Would they hold a grudge for the sins of her mother?

• @Starlingheart
  • 82313904_EOrjiqreK2nTja8.png
  • LILACFUR she/her, 20 moons, mother to marblekit and sycamorekit
    lh lilac rosette with yellow eyes (carrying cinnamon, solid), a torn ear and claw marks beside her eye.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by this loser@gonkpilled on discord, feel free to dm for plots.