pafp A VISITOR APPROACHES [medicine den]

HOPEPAW

strike, little wolf, strike
Apr 3, 2024
⊱⊰ The medicine den looms in his periphery, like a fresh, plump piece of prey. It’s all too tempting, a new place to explore for any curious kit—but Hopekit has more reasons to like the den. Firstly, his uncle lives in there, and even though Gentlestorm doesn’t allow kits into the den, the little lilac tom doesn’t really listen to his uncle’s orders. All he has to do is smile and flutter his lashes, the picture of innocence, and the medicine cat typically gives in. He still isn’t supposed to be inside the den, since he’s a kit, but he’s more mature than the other kits. He doesn’t just want to eat honey and explore—he wants to see his uncle, and visit the cats who lie injured in their nests. Especially now, since his friend is in there! Hearing about Orangepaw’s injury had worried him—what if the orange tabby dies, and then he’s gone forever? Hopekit has had enough of cats being gone forever. He knows that Gentlestorm will take good care of Orangepaw, and the apprentice will be back to his usual self pretty soon, but still the boy can’t shake off his concern.

On stealthy paws (at least, he thinks he’s being stealthy) the boy makes his way into the medicine den. A stray feather falls off the small bird he snatched from the prey pile—and then another, and another. They leave a small trail behind him, red feathers floating to the ground. They kind of look like bloody pawprints, he thinks (where had that thought come from?) with a furrowed brow. Once he’s inside the den, he creeps around until he spots a familiar figure lying in a nest, and then he bounds over to stand in front of Orangepaw. "Shh!" He hisses a warning at the older tom, pale ears swiveling to lie flat against his head. Orangepaw hasn’t even said anything, but he can’t risk getting caught now. The bird is dropped at the older tom’s paws, clumsy kit-steps bringing Hopekit closer to the nest’s edge. "I brought you this… to make you happy, and see if you’re okay. Just don’t tell Gentlestorm I’m here… okay?"

• ooc: pls wait for @ORANGEPAW.
  • 81309324_2wmLWzBSS6UkcAG.png
    HOPEKIT ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan kit
    skinny, thick-furred lilac tom with deep copper eyes. soft-spoken and sleepy, but can be a bit of a grouch.
    son of batwing and leopardtongue ; brother to bravepaw, hazepaw, cardinalpaw, coalkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

Reactions: ORANGEPAW.
WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

he's tired. exhausted even. he really hasn't had the chance to sleep, not when he's in so much pain. pain that he gets– the physical one– and pain he doesn't. emotional pain makes his stomach hurt. it manifests in ways he's not used to and he doesn't know how to handle it. he doesn't know if he even wants to, honestly. too much sadness meant he wasn't doing what his mama asked of him and he can't stomach that. his brows furrowed slightly when he was told to shush, giggling behind a paw as a smile finds itself in his face now that he is in more present company. rarely does he ever not smile when he is around others.

"hi hopekit!"

though he is excited to see his former denmate, he does keep his voice low. he has always been pretty mindful of his voice not being too loud, even when excited. the sudden drop of the bird makes him realize that he... hasn't eaten since the news. he almost says that he wants hopekit to eat it but his stomach betrays him. he truly is hungry.

"oh! well, thank you. I won't tell him 'cause i don't want you to get in trouble for me. okay? okay. and im alright! honest! the fall didn't hurt that bad! wanna share the squirrel with me? my mama always says that it's good to share! or... she... uh, used to, I guess. but either way i couldn't possibly eat all this!"