sensitive topics accidentally in love // florabreeze

Jan 5, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❇༺ ˎˊ- The last few days had been a bit of a blur and a lot of sleeping for the most part. Kits were exhausting and suppose it was just now catching up to them in the recent weeks. With them getting bigger and bigger by the day, they had to spread themselves more and more. They loved their children of course, but they were tired and more than happy to sneak out as they were busy playing with the other apprentices’.

Honeysplash suppose was at fault for their kits clinginess as they all three seemed to be so introverted, but they didnt want to dwell on it too long. They thought they were doing a rather good job at raising their children and they were excited to see them become well rounded members of the clan.

Still, the cream tabby cat had taken this time with kits being busy with others to lay in some sunlight. Honeysplash had been neglecting themselves really, poorly eating and not grooming their fur. They were going stir crazy in the nursery and wanted to get out and stretch their legs, climb a tree or something. But that had to stay put and enjoy their time in camp while their kits grew. Even if it made them want to claw their own fur out just sitting there. Still, Honeysplash laid comfortably and yawned quietly in the warm light of the sun. They were content were they lay and kneed at the ground with cream tipped paws idly. At least it was a warmer day even if they felt like absolute trash.

• Speech
  • 78199419_gjurPbpI3pGRvx7.png
  • Honeysplash she/they/it, Warrior of Skyclan, 29 moons.
    a lithe, short haired cream tabby and white patched cat with mossy green eyes
    sister to Orangestar, Applefrost, Apricotflower and Cloudberrythorn // aunt to; Cherryblossom, Eggbounce, Tawnyclaw, Glimmersun // crushing on; Florabreeze & Chrysaliswing // mother to; Cloverkit, Adderkit, Weaselkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by wolf@wolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

It was rare to see Honeysplash without her kits, understandably so. It would be a little concerning if they were never seen together, so when Florabreeze walks through the camp clearing aiming to walk towards the nursery she pauses at the sight of them. Laying in the sun like that she thought that they looked rather beautiful. There was a short lived debate on if she shouldn’t disturb her peace, in the end she decides to continue her strides. “Whatcha doing out here? Apart from enjoying the sun.” She asked in a soft tone as she moved to lay down next to the queen. Wanting to alert her to her own presence before draping her tail over their back.

With a content sigh she presses her nose to their cheek, a warm smile spread across her maw. The heat of the sun was drawn to the darker parts of her pelt, that combined with the natural thickness of her coat was a recipe for a very unpleasant day. She misses the cold that her twolegs nest carries throughout the day but she supposes it’s a nice treat for when she goes back home as the sun sets. Florabreeze can’t help but wonder if things were more enjoyable for the queen beside her, she hoped so, she hoped every day was warm and pleasant for them. “Nana, do you mind if I help with your fur? You look tired” it was an understatement but she wasn’t going to make a point of pointing out the state of her right now.

If permission is given she would start to rasp her tongue over cream and white fur, ears prick backwards as she works. There’s a pause after a quiet stretch of time, the daylight warrior shuffles so she can press her paw against theirs. “How are you feeling? Are you okay?” She realised they haven’t had much time alone recently to ask, guilt settles within her at that realisation but the best thing she could do was show that she still cared.

• FLORABREEZE 𖧧 She/her, Daylight Warrior of SkyClan, 34 moons (ages on the 12th)
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    Mentored by Sorrelsong /Mentoring Jellypaw
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}

-ˋˏ ༻❇༺ ˎˊ- A light trill came from the cream and white cat as they first heard the voice of Florabreeze, their green eyes cracking opening before they smiled sleepily to her. Suppose she had been out quite a while then if the other was returning to camp- or was it a short patrol? They didnt know and it didnt really matter either way. They were just pleased to hear her soft tone and she gave a small playful shrug of her lithe shoulders, “Well nothing then cause that’s all im doing- enjoying the sun! The nursery is always so dark sometimes” They mused back to the Maine coon cat.

The brown molly drapes her fluffy tail across her back and her pelt flames slightly, though she wasted no time in rolling over from one side and into Florabreeze. A nose touches her cheek next and she couldnt help the stupid smile that spread across her half-white face. The young queen pressed into the others’ side and hunkered down beside her comfortably. Was it strange to say it was gave a sort of peace? Just being around the other? Sounded cheesy even in their thoughts and it made them snicker to themselves slightly.

Ears perked at the nickname and then tilted their head at the question, their fur? Suppose they had been so busy worrying and fretting and being more anxious than usual to really notice their poor appearance. Also they didnt know when the last time they had eaten either was- was it this morning? They couldnt remember everything was sort of blurring into one between her kits growing, and everything else. So, she nods, “Thats fine, I’ve been so tired I must’ve forgotten,” She admitted softly and gave a meek smile in response to the molly. She was grateful for the help, Starclan- she was so grateful for Florabreeze in general. Without this friendly, warm and bright molly they didnt think they’d be able to do half the things they have. They owed a lot to her and she always wondered how she could make it up to her. To show her how much it mattered to them. Yet nothing came to mind right away and it made her hum softly.

Florabreeze starts lapping at their fur and they let a soft purr rumble in their chest. They rest their head against the mollys side quietly as she worked and then the other shifts, touching paws with them and making them flush hotly. Honeysplash blinks a few times at her and her question, and she hesitates for a moment before giving a small shrug. She wasnt sure how to start how she feels- so in true Honeysplash fashion she starts to ramble.

I am so tired- and so antsy? I miss working everyday and patrolling, i miss being able to leave camp too” She said softly and shook her head slightly, “I do love my darlings so much, but they want to attach to me so badly all the time? Like burrs on fur-” They gave a small giggle at the thought of spikey little babies and smiled softly, “I’m just happy to spend a little time away and get my bearings, ya know? I’m so bad at explaining myself, Flora!” They burrowed their face into brown tabby fur and sighed dramatically, before snickering into her pelt.

• Speech
    sister to Orangestar, Applefrost, Apricotflower and Cloudberrythorn // aunt to; Cherryblossom, Eggbounce, Tawnyclaw, Glimmersun // crushing on; Florabreeze & Chrysaliswing // mother to; Cloverkit, Adderkit, Weaselkit
    see battle info here

“Hm it is a little dark isn’t it?” she couldn’t say that she had really noticed but then again she’s only there for a fraction of her day compared to Honeysplash. Surely if she was cooped up inside the nursery all day- or the majority of the day then she too would notice that it’s a little dark. There’s a hum from the maine coon as they consent to her offer of grooming. Sharing tongues wasn’t really something that she did all too often but she couldn’t help but offer here, they seemed tired so there was hope that the act might take her mind off of things. Even if it was only for a moment Florabreeze would be quite happy with this outcome. “That’s okay, you have your paws full with three kits. You can be tired, let me take care of you” she couldn’t help but smile despite the worry for her well being. Could she be doing more? Lately her mind had been wracked with thoughts over how to be a good mentor, was she neglecting the other aspects of her life in turn? Surely Honeysplash would tell her if that was the case. She’d hope that was the case anyways.

Ears perk as she listens to them with rapt attention, making sure to take her time cleaning and styling cream and white fur to sit at its proper place. Her heart ached for her, it must be difficult to not be able to just get up and leave whenever she wants to. “Being able to enjoy the sun by yourself must be nice then” she meowed softly, a fond smile present on her maw. She shifted so that she could groom between her shoulder blades then the back of her neck, falling into a comfortable silence. Pulling away when the thought of not doing enough for them re-entered her brain “is there anything I can do?” It was simple, an offer to do more and an opening for them to be able to let her know if she hadn’t been doing enough right now. “Can I bring you more prey? Watch the kits for a while so you can walk around camp? Anything Honeysplash, I mean it” the sincerity in her voice was saccherine. It was a genuine offer, anything the queen wanted she would do.

• FLORABREEZE 𖧧 She/her, Daylight Warrior of SkyClan, 34 moons (ages on the 12th)
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.

-ˋˏ ༻❇༺ ˎˊ- They never felt the nursery was dark and dreary, but lately its been getting close to that. They have been going insane sitting around and watching them grow, even if it meant the world to them they missed their duties and being outside. At least with their kittens it was less lonely and they had someone to talk too all the time. Even if they couldnt have normal conversations like she could with anyone else, but it was enough to not completely go stir crazy.

With Florabreeze lapping at their fur they realize how bad it had been for their poor coat. It was mangled and dirty, but they had been so out of their mind they hadn’t even thought twice about themselves in months. Wasnt thinking of themselves selfish when they had children? They always came first, well they always put them first in any case. So suppose it was their own fault really but they were thankful to the other for the offer. She then voices something that makes their pelt warm under her touch and blink a few times- take care of her? The words sounded so foreign, like they had never been spoken to her before and she wasnt sure how to handle it. She couldnt ask that much of the other- could they?

Honeysplash admits that they aren’t the best cat in the world, far too soft and sensitive for anything good, and had always been one to take care of herself. Trying to rely on oneself hadn’t been easy but they tried and tried, for moons now, and she just says that like its nothing. Like it was something she was suppose to do, and it made her chest skip slightly. Honeysplash had been staring at Flora like she’d grown a second head and then blinked when the Maine coon spoke again.

At least someone was supportive of her afternoon sunlight sessions, she swore Cloverkit got so mad whenever she was further than a few feet from him. They hoped it wouldn’t be like this always but alas, for now it was fine as they were children and they had plenty of time to become independent apprentices.

After her little ramble, Honeysplash had gone quiet before mossy green hues flicked back up to a white-marked face. Then her gaze watered slightly as the other asked if there was anything she can do. Then proceeded to list a variety of things, and they couldnt help but laugh a little, “You do that already, you know? Bring me prey, watch the kits, walk around camp with me” She pointed out to the other and smiled sweetly. Florabreeze was just so sweet, so thoughtful and warm. Like the sun had been sliced into pieces and she just so happened to be a bearer of a piece of that light.

You know you dont have to dote on me so much? I know youre so busy with Jellypaw and being a mentor, duties and such,” They speak softly, carefully, like they were treading water with no clear bottom to it, “Cause- ya know- i love you, so, so much but i want you to do your best too. I dont want you to be hindered by me or the kits,” They’d spoken ‘I love yous’ like it was nothing mere weeks ago but nothing had come from that. Honeysplash had chalked it up to a maybe she’ll say something but she found maybe Florabreeze may be in the same boat? Still- they didnt want to withhold her from accomplishing anything just because she was busy with Adderkit, or like now and fixing the matted fur they’d cause themselves. Honeysplash didnt want to be a burden like they already felt like in Skyclan. They didnt wanna be too much and chase away someone that mattered so much. The warrior knew they could be a lot to handle and talk to, so they had been trying to dial it back.

Green eyes adverted from the white face and down at paws, where the queen idly started to knead at the ground anxiously, “Cause we’re not mates or anything and youre probably far too busy to even consider taking one on or waste your time here-,” Honeysplash speaks quickly, rapidly, her voice stammering a few words here or there. Her over explaining was horrible and she knew that, but she just- wanted Florabreeze to know this too. She wasnt trapped to her or anything like that, she had no obligations. Even if Honeysplash wish she did.

• Speech
    see battle info here

She hoped that the laugh was because Honeysplash was happy with what she was saying, not because she had managed to make a fool out of herself in front of them. It wasn’t like them to laugh out of cruelty rather than mirth. “I could still do more” she countered with a sigh, pressing her head against their neck. She wasn’t sure why she felt the need to be so insistent, maybe it was the fact that her fur was matted and at odd ends right now. Thinner than she's used to seeing them be, a light dimmed by the clouds slightly but in the way that it has been in the past. In the past it had been tears and a vocal anguish, she found it easier to combat. This was something quieter, a slow burn of destruction. Harder to combat but not impossible, Florabreeze didn't give up so easily after all.

She speaks of hindrance and from that the maine coon can only tilt her head in confusion, is that was this was about? “I'm happy to dote on you. You're not a hindrance at all, neither are the kits” the topic of her apprentice seems to come up a lot recently. First with Cloverkit now Honeysplash, with a rare frown she considers her words. “I'm still… Figuring out this mentor stuff, I'm sorry if you're feeling neglected just let me know and I'll try to fix it” neglect, that was what Cloverkit had feared, that and abandonment so did his mother feel the same?

“We could be” she interrupts the queens ramblings with an outburst of her own. “Be mates I mean, I didn't think it was a formal thing to say. I love you, I want to be mates” love was always seen as a free thing to give unspoken to Florabreeze, having taken more than one partner in her lifetime. Those were always fleeting though, never really holding onto anything lasting. Perhaps she had been too free with it, not realising until now that there may had been an expectation to speak about something that was so natural to her.

• Love
Reactions: wolfie

-ˋˏ ༻❇༺ ˎˊ- Mossy green hues looked at her desperately, trying to find words to fully explain things- yet they felt their tongue give way and falter. Spewing words that wouldn’t make sense and weren’t what she was trying to say. Florabreeze pressed her head into their neck and says that she could do more, and she wanted to counter with that she did enough already. More than enough even and more than she could ever ask another for. She had become her safety net and she didnt know how far she’d fall without her.

Honeysplash twitched their ears slightly and went quiet to try to think of better words, really try to release her feelings and be open. Though they found it difficult, they found it impossible to label as Florabreeze deserved the best. They just felt they weren’t what was best, maybe for anyone with how much of a failure her last relationships had gone down. Though the Maine coon at her side speaks about not being a hinderance, neither them nor the kits, and then the warrior voices about mentoring. She mentions feeling neglected and her ears went back, and she quickly shook her head, “No, no that’s not what i was trying to get at! You do- so much for me, so, so much that i couldnt ever begin to make it up to you,” They sputtered quickly and their front paws knead at the others’ chest idly, frustration building up behind slim shoulders. Oh Starclan! Why was this so hard? They didnt feel neglected at all, they just wanted her to know she was free to be as she was. She didnt have to do all this for her- then mossy greens found yellow-green suddenly. Florabreeze interrupts her suddenly and her words bring flames to the tips of Honeysplashs’ ears.

We could be.

Mates- mates with someone? Quillstrike had been the last person to take her on as a mate and he left her just as quickly as it came. Chrysaliswing she wanted to be mates with too, but he hasn’t even looked her way or said on thing to her in moons. Pigeonsong was missing- they felt their pelt bristle slightly in their own surprise and fluster. Formal thing to say? Well nothing about them screamed formal in any case! They were definitely beyond normal for a couple and her words made this silly, stupid, large grin plaster on her face. Honeysplash moved to get up more and rolled into Florabreeze, tangling together with her happily and purring like there wasnt another sound she’d rather make more.

I love you too, you silly, silly she-cat!” They mused softly and nuzzle her head under the others’ chin softly, “It doesn’t have to be formally said- but I’d love to be your mate till the next life and after,” Honeysplash giggles at her own sappy words and smiles sheepishly.

• Speech
    see battle info here