private AIM MY ARROW HIGHER [ditto]

Jan 10, 2024
Now that she’s an apprentice, it’s like an entire new world has been unlocked. The whole twolegplace, right at her paws… it’s enough to make the girl forget entirely about the terrible truth she’d only recently learned. Her mama and Figfeather aren’t mates anymore, so that means Figfeather doesn’t have to even worry about her anymore. But-! At least she can wander around the whole wide world of the twolegplace, and she can find some new friends here! SkyClan is fun and she likes her friends there, especially Hollypaw, but it would also be nice to have friends closer to home, she thinks.

Some of the cats here are mean, or weird-looking, but the one she comes across today looks very… regular? A normal, average house cat—Sangriapaw waves a pale-furred paw at them, shooting the stranger a blinding grin. She doesn’t approach them yet, still mindful of her mentor’s warnings to be vigilant. "Hiya there, I’m Sangriapaw! I’m from SkyClan, and from here, too! Where are you from?" There. That was a nice, cautious greeting, wasn’t it?

• ooc: @ditto
  • 78265045_tUGqQTyXuIRKc1K.png
    SANGRIAPAW ❯❯ she/her, daylight apprentice of skyclan
    cinnamon torbie with white spotting and vibrant leaf-green eyes. bold, bright, and curious.
    daughter of fantastream & figfeather ; sister to coffeepaw
    mentored by johnnyflame
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

"The group Flora visits." He confirms in a murmur, half to himself, but his eyes dart over the tortoiseshell who peers at their sitting place, curiosity mutual despite the apathy to his voice. Young. Half grown, just scruffy enough to be a roaming cat but too well groomed to be a twoleg cat all the time. However not a threat, if Ditto's sister is to be believed about SkyClanners. They're mostly kind to kittypets, as the forest cats call those who live with upwalkers like their own.

"I live in that nest, with the vines on its side." He explains, pointing a cream-hued paw towards the twoleg den in question. He squints down at her for a moment, considering, and then scarpers: not away, exactly, but with sharp claws extended he leaps atop a nearby ledge and then onto the fence. In doing so, he reveals himself fully: well-kept blue fur, jingling tag around his neck, violet collar with stars resting upon its breadth.

"You can see it better from here. Your said your name was Sangriapaw? Why?"

The name Flora catches her attention. This cat’s sister comes to SkyClan, too? Flora, Flora, Flora… "Like Florabreeze? She’s real nice, y’know!" The older daylight warrior is super good friends with Honeysplash, and also super nice all the time, so maybe her sibling will be just as nice as her. Except… they don’t sound very nice. But they direct her to where their twolegs’ nest is, and her tail whips around excitedly. Now she knows where to find them all the time, if they’re nice!

Suddenly the other cat moves quickly, and the girl flinches backward—preparing to run away, to dart right back home in the blink of an eye—but the stranger only climbs his way up a fence to sit there instead. Is he trying to get away from her? Well, that just won’t do! Sangriapaw trots her way over and repeats the pretty blue-furred cat’s actions; of course, climbing a fence is a lot different from climbing a tree, so she’s not nearly as graceful as them. But she finally makes it to the top, and smiles at them again. From up here, she can tell they’re definitely a house cat, with their fur all brushed and shiny and their little tag dangling from their pretty collar.

Once at the top, she looks to where they’d gestured, seeing the vines that mark their twoleg nest. "Oh, your nest looks comfy. I live… right there, with my littermate and my mama." She points to her own home, even though it’s not very close anymore, and then listens to their question with perked-up ears. They seem more confused by the paw part than the Sangria part, which is funny since everybody in SkyClan is more confused by the Sangria part. But she straightens up and says, all in one breath, "Well, it’s Sangriapaw since I’m an apprentice. But once I’m done training, it’ll be something cool! Like… Sangriafeather or Sangriastream. Y’know, you could be an apprentice, too! Maybe my mentor could also teach you; he’s real nice, and he also lives—uh, somewhere ’round here, I think!"

• ooc:
  • 78265045_tUGqQTyXuIRKc1K.png
    SANGRIAPAW ❯❯ she/her, daylight apprentice of skyclan
    cinnamon torbie with white spotting and vibrant leaf-green eyes. bold, bright, and curious.
    daughter of fantastream & figfeather ; sister to coffeepaw
    mentored by johnnyflame
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore