Smallstorm

Nov 5, 2022

Untitled327-20221105202323.png

LOOK OUT, THEY'RE CLOSING IN ON YOU NOW
WAKE UP, OR YOU'LL WAKE UP SIX FEET DOWN
NOBODY'S GOT YOUR BACK IN THIS TOWN
KNOCK 'EM IN THE TEETH NOW

"I could have swore it was just here?!"

Smallstorm snorted as he heard the words, turning away to hide the fact that he was about to burst out fucking laughing at his clanmates. It was nothing personal. He liked Stonecoat as much as any other Shadowclanner, but the guy had just made himself such an easy target. How was Smallstorm not supposed to scoop his mouse up when the larger tom had just left it on the ground and turned his back like that? Besides, it wasn't like they didn't have an entire pile of prey right over there- why should Stonecoat get to eat the only mouse in the territory while the rest of them were stuck eating frogs?

Smallstorm couldn't stand the slimy little bastards, and more than once in his lifetime he'd pouted and huffed and demanded to be swapped after being left with only the nasty amphibians to eat, and he'd gone to bed hungry more than once when nobody would oblige him. Spoiled, some called him, but Smallstorm didn't see it that way. Why should any cat be forced to eat something they thought was vile? What was so wrong about wanting to trade his frog to a cat who didn't hate them? In his opinion, cats spent too much time trying to bend to the wills of others. The only cat he was worried about keeping happy was himself.

As the small, wiry tabby slipped across the shadowclan camp with the mouse clamped proudly in his jaws, leaving behind a still grumbling tomcat, he let his amber eyes sweep across the clearing with thoughtful curiosity. Who did he feel like bother today? There was an endless list of options, really. Even if Smallstorm could be a little shit sometimes and had a tendency to put himself first, it wasn't like he disliked being part of Shadowclan. It was his home after all, the only place he knew.

Eventually his vibrant amber eyes would settle on a figure that they deemed worthy of being his victim for the day, and with a confident bounce in his step he would quickly make his way toward the black rosetted tabby he'd set his sights on.

"Hey Pitchstar." he greeted as he flopped to the ground beside them, dropping his prize in between his paws before flashing the taller male a cheshire grin. "Look who managed to catch the only mouse in the entire swamp. While the rest of you guys are munching on frogs and lizards, I get this bad boy all to myself." he boasted playfully, tail twitching behind him as amber optics shifted to land on the tomcat beside him. "Though, I suppose I could be tempted to share with the most powerful cat in camp- for a price."

shadowclan warrior - male -22 months - single - a short, wiry brown tabby with amber eyes