AITA FOR CONSTANTLY AVOIDING MY CO-WORKER [dawnglare]

john3.webp

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

To be clear, Johnny didn't hate Dawnglare- he was just kind of afraid of being caught in a one-on-one conversation with the other tom. The skyclan healer was fancy with his words, and the bobtail found he wasn't always able to decipher the meaning behind them, which left him feeling stupid and frustrated. Embarrassed, because what the hell would Starclan think of him if he couldn't even impress their medicine cat? And maybe that's where it all stemmed from- this frustration that led him to constantly avoid the other outside of crowds in camp. Johnny had always been uncertain of where he stood with the clans ancestors, and the fact that he was also uncertain of where he stood with Dawnglare as well had only made things worse on both ends.

So he kept out the toms way- until he couldn't.

"I'm tellin' you, I don't need-! " he was cut off by another cat promptly arguing back, causing him to groan in frustration. "Och, alright, alright! I'm going!" he huffed, clearly not impressed with the idea of having to waste time over something so small. Still, he wasn't going to cause a scene. With any luck the medics would be busy and he could just slip out. Luck wasn't on his side though, and he found himself meeting the gaze of the red and white tom almost immediately upon limping in. "I stepped on a damn thorn while I was out hunting- but it's not even that big. Probably could have pulled it out on my own, but it was insisted that I come here instead. Can you clear me so I can go back to work?"

john33.webp

Something that he was not afraid to admit, but simply, has never been asked, was that if he had to choose one of SkyClan's chosen Lead Warriors to be trapped in a room with... it would likely be Johnnyflame. He indeed found him infuriating like all the others, yes, but it was a special sort born from a place of... care, or something, unlike all the others. He would gladly pop Silversmoke's shoulder out of place or slice the likes of Slate clean into two ( What a dreadful name, by the way. Slate. If there was one thing of the Clan Cat's worth adopting, it was their names, and that one managed to fail even that category ). Johnnyflame on the other side of the pond... No. any lashing he deserved was purely verbal. If anything, oh, Dawnglare pities that soul.

And speaking of— he appears in his den now, seemingly goaded by another clanmate. The shift of his gaze is sharp, well - attuned to cries of anguish, and reluctant patients by now. Squinted eyes beg for an explanation, and Johnnyflame does not waste time in giving it to him. A thorn, easy then. Dawnglare can afford to put on a bored face. " Is that all? " mildly, he asks. " Come here, then. Let me look, " simply spoken. His tail beckons the tortoiseshell over, an expectant – but not urgent – look on his face.