all around the wind blows | patrol assignments

The last time Flycatcher had given out patrol assignments he had been a lead warrior still, filling in for Howlingstar whilst she recovered from her wounds. Now he was the deputy proper, and it mostly fell to him to assign these patrols. It had been an adjustment at first but he was warming to the idea more and more as the days passed.

The blue tabby pads to the centre of camp, giving a few nods of greetings to cats as he passed. When he gets to the middle of camp he sits and waits a moment, allowing some of his clanmates to filter in naturally before launching into patrols. "Good morning everyone!" He mews out in greeting, looking around at the faces present.

"Sunfreckle, you will be taking Kindleheart and Stormchaser on the dawn patrol to SkyClan and RiverClan."

"Sunnyday you can lead the dawn patrol to the ShadowClan and WindClan border, bring Hollow Tree and Fawncloud with you. Also if Berryheart is open to the idea, he could accompany you too. And it doesn't need reminding but after recent hostilities - with ShadowClan especially - please be civil."

"Howlingstar will lead the dusk patrol to the SkyClan and RiverClan border. I will be going with her and I'd like Raccoonstripe to join us."

"Finchcatcher I would like you to head up dusk patrol to ShadowClan and WindClan. Take Wolfwind and Badgerstrike with you too. And, as with the dawn patrol, I ask that you remain civil."

"Stagstrike, Rabbitnose, it would be much appreciated if you take some hunting parties out today. Hopefully, without ShadowClan stealing our prey you'll have an easier time finding something worthwhile to hunt."

"With all the recent battles and skirmishes lately, I think it would be good for us to brush up on our sparring too. Nightbird if you are feeling up to it would you mind hosting a training session?"

//THREADS TO MAKE
SkyClan board: @Sunfreckle @KINDLEHEART @Stormchaser
ShadowClan board: @Sunnyday @Hollow Tree @FAWNCLOUD @BERRYHEART (for herbs)
RiverClan board: @HOWLINGSTAR @RACCOONSTRIPE
WindClan board: @FINCHCATCHER @WOLFWIND @Badgerstrike
Hunting threads: @Tybalt [Stagstrike] @Rabbitnose
Training: @nightbird

☀ - WHILST MY HEART STILL BEATS
It had been a while since he had last led a patrol but he intended to do his best to ensure that things went smoothly, especially given current relations with ShadowClan. Sunnyday gave a nod of his head as he looked at Flycatcher, somewhat relieved that those being sent to accompany him were likely to fall in line in regards to keeping matters civil. "Understood."

Oh? SkyClan was it? Sounded like a peaceful time if you asked him. Far from the chaos of tolerating WindClan's roughness, RiverClan's blatant disregard of them and ShadowClan's brazen audacity. A tiny part of him wondered if the easy patrol was passed his way out of some sense that he could not handle the others, Sunfreckle frowned at the thought and raised a paw, waving it to try and dismiss it and losing his balance in the process. No-no! It was fine! It was just a border patrol anyways, he doubted much thought went into them outside reliability and he could promise that in earnest. Still, a prickle of unease had settled in his heart since the meeting and he couldn't shake it despite himself. Maybe he was just overthinking it.
"Sounds good!" The red tabby chirped, glancing around for his apprentice and the named cats, "Shall we be off?"

[PATROL THREAD LINK]

Raccoonstripe listens to Flycatcher with a grim expression as he doles out patrols. That should be me, he thinks, and there's genuine pain in his heart as he considers the implications. His mother does not trust him to succeed her. He has nothing against Flycatcher -- just as he holds nothing against Flamewhisker or Sunfreckle -- but the ambition burning inside him threatens to blaze, and he has to tamp it down into ash again as he waits for his turn.

He hears RiverClan, and the dark tabby gives his deputy a curt nod. "Hopefully there's no trouble with RiverClan too, on top of everything else," he mutters. He looks to Howlingstar and Flycatcher expectantly.

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]

Reactions: Flycatcher

Admittedly, he is nervous when he hears that he will be going on a patrol with not only his grandmother but his uncle as well. So many eyes that he knows would be on him, every move judged and watched by not one, not two, but three different cats. It’s enough to make him feel downright nervous. He worries that if he missteps no one on that patrol would let him live it down. Not only that, but he had said some choice words the last time he had seen a RiverClanner and he wasn’t looking forward to running into any of the cats who had been on that patrol. Who knew though? Maybe this would be fun.

He nods along to his uncles words, though secretly he hopes they get into a scrap so he can show off the moves he had learned from Emberstar to his new mentor. It would be a chance to show Flycatcher how capable he already was. "Im ready when everyone else is." he says, looking to his mentor then to his family members expectantly.

Hollow Tree gave a small nod before padding over to Sunnyday. She didn’t want to start anything with Shadowclan since new leaf was so close. Even if they were prey-stealing cats. The warrior wondered if the Shadowclanners felt the same. ""
[ you fall through the trees . tags ]

Ears twitch at the sound of his name, chartreuse gaze looking up at the deputy. Part of him still expects Howlingstar to stand in place of Flycatcher - another change the tom has to get used to in the wake of Emberstar's death. A shift in power means a shift in everything else.

He's assigned to lead a patrol to WindClan. Not the first time he's done so, though the thought of nearing the moors fills him with unease. There could always be worse assignments, though.

"Okay," he acknowledges the deputy with a nod of the head.

Last edited:
"Oh! Oh! Flycatcher, can I go on a patrol too?" Skykit bounds over as their deputy settles the last of the patrols, tilting her head up to look at him with wide, pleading eyes. She bounces on her toes in the spaces between their conversation, eager to be given something to do. Maybe the kits didn't go on patrols because they just didn't ask! As far as the little tortie could see, she was the only kitten present and asking.

•  
  • 24_02_skykit_lines_by_ridraw.png
    skykit. tags.
    — she/her, thunderclan kitten.
    — under little wolf's care.
    — attack in #54ACD2. entirely unexperienced.
    — penned by mercibun; @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots. :]
    — lines by ridraw :]

Raccoonstripe's ears twitch as a tiny voice assaults the quiet. "Oh! Oh! Flycatcher, can I go on a patrol too?" The tabby turns from his deputy, a scowl readily etched on his white muzzle. One of Little Wolf's newest kits, egregiously named Skykit. His sister hasn't said a word about who has fathered her new litter, but Raccoonstripe secretly thinks she must think them all idiots if she doesn't know the whole Clan suspects it's that kittypet in SkyClan.

"Are you mousebrained?" He asks his niece, rolling his eyes. "Kits do not leave camp. There's all kinds of dangerous things that could eat you for breakfast." He smirks. Despite his words, he at least has to admit the newest litter seems to have none of that kittypet shyness or weakness. Perhaps it's truly for the best they grow up fatherless.

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]