private all I ever wanted - flycatcher

Lilykit

forever young
Dec 9, 2022

Star glittered paws bounced around limbs of blue. The tiny she-kit weaved between his legs, giggling with pure excitement. "What're we going to do today daddy?" she chirped, looking up at him with big, love filled eyes. The excitement of having her father here with her now had still not worn off...it still felt like yesterday that her friends had told her they would be bringing him home. Emberstar and Morningpaw had kept her and her sister, Butterflykit, good company at first. But then Little Wolf had came, and she had told her all these exciting stories about the Great Ancient Clans of the past. The friendly she-cat always had the best stories. And then Batwing had came, with his own thrilling stories about mountains, and Sunfreckle had told her tales of her father. How he had been the faithful deputy of their clan for so many moons, how he was brave, and how he and her mother had wished they could have gotten to meet her and her sister.

She hadn't understood why they didn't get to meet their parents like the other kits did. When a star dusted flame point came to take her away from the nursery, she had been confused, but the she-cat seemed friendly enough to trust. One day, when the time is right...you will get to be with them. That day had seemed like forever, but now her father was here and she wanted to spend every moment with him! She weaved through his front legs once more, before plopping down in front of him. "Will you tell me a story?"

//
@Flycatcher

Flycatcher had always hoped one day he might see the daughters he and Flamewhisker had lost. Butterflykit and Lilykit, their sweet daughters whose chance at life was snuffed out before it had time to blossom.

He had been delighted to see them both again, to see them as full as life as they might have been had then been given the chance. Perhaps the one hint of sadness in regards to the whole situation was knowing they would be forever young, forever in this stage of kittenhood. "I thought we could go for a walk, and see the woods together," He answered, looking down at his daughter. Back home, such a thing would be unlikely to happen, but this was StarClan and there were few dangers in StarClan. Well, there was the mysterious mist but no one seemed to know what that was. His suggestion of seeing the woods was dashed when Lilykit weaved through his legs and plopped down asking for a story. "Oh, you want a story?" He asked, purring as he spoke. "What kind of story would you like? How I met your mother? A battle story? A story from my youth before the clans?"

Being in Starclan for so many moons meant she had heard many stories. She had never known a life where hunting was a necessary instead of something to do just to pass the time, nor what hunger felt like, or even the cold. When her littermates received their warrior names, she had watched with her clanmates and chanted along in the stars for them. But, it felt strange to chant for cats she did not know. She knew her mother wore a flaming pelt of orange, and that she was currently raising another litter of siblings that she wouldn't meet for a long time, but other than that the only family member she knew was him. "Could you tell me about Falconheart and Stormfeather?" she asked, bumping her head against his tall front leg. "I wish they could visit sometime....or momma's newest kittens. Butterfly and I could show them all the games we've learned! We could have so much fun!" She paused, blinking up at him. "How much longer until we can all be together?"