camp all my favorite things || drafty den

Flamewhisker I'll sleep when I'm dead

The trees that had surrounded the camp had rustled all night as a strong, leaf bare wind whipped through. Any stray leaves that had somehow managed to stay glued to the branches were torn away, swept through the forest like nothing. The strong winds carried on without much falter, and eventually dwindled away as the sun began to rise the next morning. In the nursery, a fluffed up red figure lay curled up in as much of a circle as she could with her round white belly. During the night, a fairly decent sized hole had formed in one of the den walls. She had done her best to try and stay warm, but being the only one in here meant no other bodies to snuggle against.

She waited until she heard voices and movement outside in the clearing before rising to her paws and wobbling out a couple of pawsteps outside the nursery. She spotted the brown tabby figure of Howling Wind, and motioned to her with her tail, attempting to grab her attention before she assigned the morning patrols. "Would you be able to spare a couple warriors this morning? That wind last night tore a hole in the nursery wall."

//
@HOWLING WIND

anyone is welcome to respond before though!

Howling Wind is parting her jaws, just about to begin assignments when she catches the fiery she-cat's eye. Pausing, she shifts her attention away from the warriors surrounding her and to the queen, ears pricking up. "What do you need?" She calls over, a hint of worry in her voice. Did Flamewhisker need fresh-kill? Water-soaked moss? Feeling ill? She speaks, and the deputy's eyes widen a bit in surprise. A hole in the nursery? That certainly wouldn't do. "Oh stars, of course," She swiftly replies, green gaze sweeping across her clanmates. She nods towards a pair of warriors. "You two, you will help Flamewhisker repair the hole in the nursery wall. Recruit any apprentices you need, with their mentor's permission!" With that, she turns back to assign the patrols.

War weighin' on my heart but I can't fall
Trailing diligently behind the brown tabby was Silver. Quietly he comes to a halt beside his friend, ears angled in Flamewhisker's direction as she pleads with Howling Wind to spare a few warriors for the patch. At this rate it might've been a good idea to touch up all the dens in camp. The warrior's den had a leaky roof just a few days ago. Vibrant green meets sterling silver as he looks down at the deputy, giving her a firm nod of his head. "Very well." His gaze shifts to Flamewhisker soon after. "Care to show me where? I need to know how big the hole is." He murmurs in a low tone before trailing his attention elsewhere, searching the camp for @MOUSEPAW ! and if she were available he'd silently beckon her over to help as well.
Seekin' shelter from the storm on this blank road

BORN TO FIND THAT GREAT UNKNOWN ⋆⁺₊⋆
She would blink her eyes gratefully in response to Howling Wind before turning her attention towards Silver. She was relieved to have such a quick fix done to the wall, and grateful to not have her fur ruffled all night again. Not that she didn't doubt her clanmates would have gladly fixed it last night, but everyone already went above and beyond for making sure she had anything she needed...there was no way she would have disturbed them from their sleep.

"Thank you...I appreciate it." she would respond to the tom, before flicking her tail for him to follow her. She would bring him to the exposed side of the den, her gaze lowering to the hole that had formed during the night. "It's not too bad, just big enough to be fairly bothersome." The hole was about the size of a cat's head, and it was about a foot above the ground.