pafp all our splendor 𖤓 show-off

pipitclaw !!

in the rain, do light and darkness fade!
Dec 13, 2023
feather-banner-png.1372

With a body that flounces in the same way a deer frolics in tall grasses, he is in high-spirits (when isn't he? What is there to be worried about in life?) as he spins around in a dizzying display of an overzealous, care-free soul. His jaw is lax with common jabbering, unawares of how his constant speech is grating on unwilling ears, "And I was like woosh through the air, paw practically gliding across the grass-- you know that sensation right? It's like flying, or the closest you can really get without sprouting wings yourself-- and then, impact! I jumped on its back, took that bird to the ground and like a snake I killed it dead. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was a pipit- like, that's my name. HAHAHAHA"

If he were any louder he'd scare off half the prey in the surrounding area. But his laughter is more boisterous than it is a screeching thing. Snowpaw's placid features suggest his story is boring and he is absolutely flumoxed by it. What wasn't cool about catching your namesake as your first prey? Kids these days... the complexities of fate and their ironies, completely lost on them!

"Watch, watch, bet you didn't know I could already hear that mouse in the distance, don't worry I won't let it get away, young heart! Stand aside, Pipit's got this!" He makes a big show of waving his tail like a blockade in front of the youth before dropping into a crouch. He slithers along the ground at a surprising speed and silence for one so chatty and air-headed in casual life.

Fleeing through the undergrowth, he wastes no time in retrieving the promised prize- bursting through the brush after a small shriek is cut short with well-practiced fangs, he trots with a high-held head back to the pale-furred victim of his current show-boating. "Tada," he sings around the mouse in his mouth, fire-gold eyes squeezed shut.

There would be no denying his skills now!

𖤓 @Snowpaw.

[ ༻❄༺ ] Oh no, another one gratting at her ears with their voice, wasn't Singekit enough? She supposed not... A look of uninterest linger in her gaze at the adult's show-boating, how the other was acting more like a newly made 'paw who had caught their first prey when the other was... well, older than her. Of course, Pipit continued and even stopped Snowpaw in her tracks all for a mouse that he heard. Yellow gaze following after Pipit as he disappeared, and follow suit with a screech from a tiny creature and then silence.

Soon enough Pipit made his return with the mouse in maw, proud of his own catch that made her roll her eyes."I would...hope you know how to hunt, especially since you are... well older than me? Besides even someone like Ashenpaw could catch a mouse that size" she stated smoothly, it wasn't something to gloat about but, she sighed. Pipit was attempted to (possibly) fit in and make some friends. "Perhaps show me some fighting moves you know, then maybe I'll be impressed" she stated calmly. Might as well get something more than the ego of hunting out of Pipit while he's in the mood to share.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 4 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

" That was so cooooool Big Fry!!." Basilpaw had the complete different reaction to what Snowpaw had been given. His eyes literally gleamed with awe. Was he going to become just a skilled hunter like them someday?. His admiration had to be keept a secret though! because he still had a reptuation he needed to keep up now!. Big Fry believed he was the best apprentice in the clan after all the one who had showed him everything they needed to know to function well in the clan. " I see the training session we had the other day really paid of!." He said loudly and held his head high because Snowpaw was here so he wanted to impress her too!. He had almost won her over by now and if he could get her to think he was cool surely she could no longer resist of becoming his friend!. It was the perfect plan. One he hadn't originally thought out but now it made total sense!. Sometimes his brain was smarter then even he knew!. " Contunie on like this and you're gonna become a warrior in no time!, and earn a cool name such like Pipitsmasherr!." and of course he had to share his brilliant name ideas once more!. Basilpaw really earned to receive a medal for coming up with the most...unique warrior names no one even wanted.

Loudness seems to be a common theme with the newer apprentices... Or did this " Pipit " even count as a new apprentice, so much as they were... a stranger? As much as she would rather not be on perhaps the loudest hunting patrol to ever exist, there was some value in that she could assess the skills of some of the new cats. ShadowClan had enough dead weight as it was, and Applepaw was not keen on adding more to their ranks— not as if she had any say in that, at all, but it relieved her somewhat to see Pipit actually snag something. At least he would not be the one dooming them, this leaf - bare... Applepaw gives a noncommittal hum of acknowledgement.

Of course, it was not exactly impressive. More like the bare minimum— an opinion that seems to be shared with Snowpaw. Applepaw snorts at her comment, amused to find that her brother had somehow become the lowest of bars as far as ShadowClan apprentices went. Her words are quite bold, for an apprentice as fresh as she was, but, whatever.

Basilpaw says some nonsense about their training paying off. Applepaw isn't sure what Basilpaw could possible teach anyone besides how to count to five. Applepaw would wrinkle her nose at the offered name. " I certainly hope you have no plans on becoming clan leader anytime soon... " she remarks. Then, to Pipitpaw. " Do you have experience within the marsh? " She could not imagine hunting elsewhere was quite the same... In fact, it was quite miraculous that he managed to find a mouse around here at all...
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: optional mentor tag @CHILLEDSTAR. :3
  • ( CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M THE WORST, SO I ALWAYS ACT LIKE I'M THE BEST ) APPLEPAW. apprentice of shadowclan. eldest sister to swanpaw, ashenpaw, and garlicpaw. ( + thornpaw, halfpaw & laurelpaw )
    —— she / her; confused by the use of others.
    —— currently 9 moons old as of 12.20.23. ages every 17th.

longhaired blue torbie with a white chest, paws, and underbelly. A young cat you would describe as " bossy, " Applepaw is quick to take charge of any situation she sees herself as the probable head of. Naturally talented, and a rule - follower to a T, she thinks herself better than the majority of her peers. Not ignorant enough to think herself above a warrior, but seeks to gain that status as quickly as possible. Intensely self - motivated to be the best in a mixture of blind, childish desire, and never wanting to be afraid of anything ever again.

feather-banner-png.1372

The mouse falls to ground with an unceremonious 'thump' and anyone that bothered to focus on Pipit's face could see the way it fell to the floor in abject horror. She wasn't impressed? Her point was true enough but.. but... she didn't know him! What if he was some tragic loser that never learned how to catch stuff?! And she would've humiliated the poor man to death if he hadn't caught the damn thing! "Well I could'a just let it get away," he complains, disappointed to be dismissed so quickly. But his little champion is here! His signature flash of teeth finds itself back on his face without hesitation, whirling to face Basilpaw, "Small fry! Heheh, thank you my little friend!"

Finally someone appreciates my hard work!

And he is like an ember placed on a pile of dry leaves when the suggestion to show off his fighting moves comes up- "HAHAHA, YES!" He practically yells it, his excitement getting the better of him. "You will never encounter a fighter as excellent as me!" The suggestion it is thanks to Basilpaw still confuses him... When the hell had this squirt taught him to unsheath his claws? Whatever... he'd let it slide if it made the kid feel cooler amongst his peers. And Pipitsmasher.... He thinks for a second, head tilted towards the sky as if asking for some divine opinion on the idea. "Not bad not bad," he muses, though earnestly would not have selected it for himself.

Applepaw is none too enthusiastic about it, rejecting it indirectly with a sly comment that it was a blessing the other tom was not a leader, nor in line for it anytime soon. But the attention returns to their dark-furred hero and he puffs out his chest with pride. "Hard to believe it, I know, but I've never bothered with these wetlands before! All the more impressive, honestly, isn't it?"

serpentspine was not yet sure what to make of their newest additions. skunktail’s kin, jabberjawed and ever in high spirits ; pipit was a spitfire. low simmering eyes watch him flounce about with a head bowed enough for the whites of his upturned eyes to show crescent-like along their underside. applepaw asks the question burning at the base of his skull and pipit answers breezily, a no, high and boisterous. a smile ghosts the warrior’s lips, keeping himself low to the wet undergrowth. patrol was patrol, and he idly rubs his scent along the damp roots.

they were promising, for outsider apprentices. the thought causes his heart a painful shock, and the serpentine warrior chuffs, nosing into a patch of flora as if it would shake free any residue from his head. instead, he snickers good - naturedly, ” starclan favors the modest. “ the man rumbles, a gravelly tease betrayed only by the sly baring of long teeth where they poke, bone - like, from the dark greenery. when he lifts, he cranes his swan - curved neck to a curious side, the tip of his tail tapping against the wetlands. amusement flickers fleetingly upon his face, ” but that confidence will do you well here. “ and hesitation would get you killed, ” if youve never hunted the marshes, where had you been before? if.. you don’t mind my asking. that is an impressive catch for these parts, in this season. “ prying, in what he hopes comes across in a friendly way. regardless of what snowpaw may say, it would keep bellies fed.

shadow.png
  • i.

• SERPENTSPINE ⊹ ࣪ ˖ 𓆦 HE / HIM, YOUNG WARRIOR OF SHADOWCLAN. JAGGED xx SHADOW, YOUNGER BROTHER TO CHILLEDSTAR. FIFTEEN MOONS OLD, SMELLS LIKE BRACKISH WATER & COPPER. PENNED BY ANTLERS ---------
    skeletal black tom with ghost rosettes and blood orange eyes. oil - slick rot & buzz of hungry horseflies crowding sloughing meat, he is born of his surroundings, forged black like the writhing insects that permeate his homelands. shaped in strands of shadow, long and bony ; a coat of scruffy, rosette - splotched obsidian feathering messily over his gaunt form. maned like a viper in shades of salt and pepper, splintering fur cast in a mock hood along a slim, vertebrae - bumped neck. his name has suited him since birth, eased into the world a long, writhing thing, with limbs of stretching shadow pawing blind at the shadowclan muck. his ears and eyelids are thin - membraned, thick - veined and stark against the darkness of his face. a strange, spidering thing ; broad - shouldered and tall in his maturing age, poor posture bringing his serpentine muzzle to a low, drooping hang.