all that glitters is gold [butterflytuft]

john3.webp

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

On nice days like this one, Johnny liked to spend as much time enjoying the outdoors as possible. No longer cold, but not so blistering hot yet that his energy would be burned off beneath a blazing sun, it was the perfect day for getting things done. However, it was also the perfect weather for just enjoying yourself, and so when Johnny found himself returning from his hunting patrol with some free time to kill, he didn't immediately run off to go train. Instead, sunny eyes glanced around the camp until they fell upon a cat who might not mind a bit of company.

"Morning Butterflytuft!" greeted the lead as he made his way over to the shecat. "Mind if I join ya? Kind of just want to relax for a bit and enjoy the weather. Don't know why it can't be like this all year round- minus all the rain, of course." he amended with a chuckle. Johnny had never been bothered by water, his twolegs even having a little pool for him in the back gardens during the summer, but he doubted his clanmates shared the sentiment, and even he could have his limits with how often he wanted to be soaking through.

@butterflytuft

john33.webp

With one of the other queens offering to watch her kits for a little while, Butterflytuft was left to her own devices. She opted to take this time to relax, and so the tortoiseshell curls up comfortably near the edge of camp in a patch of sunlight and lets her eyes roam sleepily over camp. Pawsteps nearby alert her to an approaching clanmate and she lifts her head to see Johnnyflame greeting her cheerfully. She doesn’t know the tom super well, but he’s always been quite nice. She easily draws a smile across her face and softly trills, “Good morning, Johnnyflame. I’d love some company.”

She purrs and rests her chin once more on her paws, yellow gaze focusing on a few apprentices as they make their way to the elders den with new moss. She chuckles quietly in response to the lead warrior’s sentiment and feels herself nod in agreement. “Newleaf is my favorite, too. The birds singing, the flowers blooming, the baby animals…” She’s taken many walks outside with friends just to enjoy the sights and the warming breeze. It’s far better than leaf-bare, that’s for sure.