ALL THE KING'S HORSES // moonshadow

Moonshadow, lover of Hyacinithbreath- or ex-lover? Sootstar confesses she does not understand where their romantic relationship stands, that is why the small feline can be found hovering over Moonshadow in this moment. They needed to talk and the warrior seemed to not have her paws busy in the moment. Sootstar without invite moves to sit beside her, a couple of fox-lengths distancing them.

She cocks her head up at the warrior, "How have you been doing?" It was clear what she meant; how have you been doing now that Hyacinithbreath is gone. Sootstar expectantly awaits a response while carefully watching the molly's body language.

// @Moonshadow :D

55572985_s7ZhWDqrAZy3Szu.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 32 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Sootpaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

edit1.jpg

—————————————【 She/Her | Windclan warrior | 32 Moons 】——————————
The only air that surrounds the figure of the black smoke is pure exhaustion. Moonshadow sits alone as she watches life within camp pass her by and she wonders for not the first time that day how things had become so...complicated.

She would acknowledge the presence of her leader with a small flick of the ear but would sit in silence with her until the molly spoke herself. How was she? If Moonshadow wasn't so tired she would have laughed, but instead, the stoic femme would simply take a deep breath and seem to contemplate her answer before speaking, "I am, resigned." It was a simple enough response and the warrior would turn to look at her leader, "And what of you, Sootstar? I can only assume that Hyacinthbreaths exile was not as easy a decision as it seemed."

Dark sapphire optics would blink slowly at the smaller blue smoke as she waited.

[penned by Zaeya].

Resigned? Sootstar grunts a simple acknowledgement, what more was there for Moonshadow to do in this situation? Aside from runaway to be with Hyacinithbreath, if that is what her heart yearned for. Sootstar doesn't know if its a false or positive intuition, but she feels for some odd reason that's not Moonshadow's case.

Moonshadow turns the question back around on her, she isn't fazed by it and shrugs, "I'm resigned." She mimics truthfully with a grin. Similar to Moonshadow, what more was there for her to do than accept what had happened and moved on? "It wasn't an easy choice, but I do what must be done for my clan. Hyacinithbreath has shown disobedience and her actions have caused chaos within WindClan. I could not allow that to fester." Again Sootstar speaks truthfully, she sees the world the way she wants to see it- not how it actually was sometimes. "I hope your children are not too troubled, I do not pride myself in making children fall into grief."

55572985_s7ZhWDqrAZy3Szu.png

╰ ‣ 32 moons . pisces. ages on the first

· ESTJ-A ❝
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with

edit1.jpg

Moonshadow listens, only making a thoughtful noise in the back of her throat at first as she contemplated what was said to her. Her plume-like tail would curl around herself as she huffed and then spoke, "Heavy is the crown, as my mother used to say." Moon would turn her head to look once more into camp, her gaze flickering from clanmate to clanmate.

"My kits will be resentful for a bit. She was their mother after all." Her mind wanders to her son, Wisteriapaw, and his apparent disdain for Hyacinth, and she has to hold that part to herself. "Time is all they need." Moonshadow would go silent, allowing the quiet to settle between them for several heartbeats before she spoke again, "Being a ruler is more difficult than most imagine. They only wish to see the blessings and never the claws underneath. I was raised from kittenhood to be a Queen, the first thing I learned very quickly was that being a Queen was more akin to being a caretaker than one would assume. Especially when said followers behave like kittens."

A very rare ghost of a smile would morph onto her maw as she looked sideways at Sootstar, "Is there anything you wish you had done differently?"

[penned by Zaeya].

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Sootstar nods, noting that Moonshadow's mother must've been wise. Sootstar wanted little else more than the crown, she felt as though she was born to lead WindClan, she'd never give it up. Yet it was the most difficult thing she's ever done... sometimes to think she'd be doing this for the rest of her life was dautning. With nine extra lives that was more time than most cats would have on this earth too, would she outlive them all and lead the great-grandchildren of these cats? Would she live to see kits being born now grow into elders and so on? The thought is scary but it also makes her feel powerful, she'd have it no other way.

Listening to Moonshadow talk teaches Sootstar that she knows next to nothing about this cat. Has Moonshadow spoke of this before? If so it couldn't have been to her or she's since had an awful slip in memory. Usually, it was difficult to risk the stoicism on her face but its evident she's shocked, "I don't think I ever knew that about you." Simply she states, but holding her tongue on the numerous questions that swarmed her brain. "I think I've found that is true as well. Especially when warriors are behaving like kits." She agrees in a brief amused smirk.

When asked if she would've done anything differently, she is startled, but recovers after a few brief moments to think out the inquiry. "No," she responds, "I just wish I would've been more cautious; I've given too many undeserving cats my good graces." And one of them was Hyacinithbreath, she turns her gaze directly to Moonshadow. In an instant the friendly and calm tone of their conversation seems to shift, "But you are not one of them. I can trust you to be by my side even when others are led astray, can't I?" It was a test, Sootstar was watching Moonshadow's every movement.

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png

edit1.jpg

Her smile holds, and for a moment Moonshadow becomes comfortable in the calm and friendly air that has surrounded the two. She blinks slowly, as Sootstar states she would change nothing aside from being more cautious. Moonshadow contemplates that and decides that at least being steadfast in one's choices was an admirable trait, despite everything that had happened.

The former guardian clearly notices the tone shift as her leader questions her, but instead of appearing offended or hurt, the she-cat lets out a soft trill of laughter as she shakes her head, "Being cautious already." She would appear thoughtful for a moment before meowing calmly, "Where I come from, when one takes an oath they fulfill it until exile or death. I may not agree with all of your decisions, Sootstar, but I am a Windclan cat now and as such, I am your warrior."

Turning to level dark sapphires onto emerald greens, Moonshadow would continue, "It is a special trust, that between a Queen and her soldiers. Do not do what my father did and abuse that trust." Her mind flashes to the wars she had fought, the blood she had spilled, and the lights she had seen leaving the eyes of her enemies over the short moons of her life. A silent shudder passes through her as she recounts them all.

"Another bit of wisdom my mother used to say is, 'A Queens Legacy is told through the praises of her soldiers.'" She adds another smile to this before tilting her head slightly, "I think you're legacy will be an interesting one, to say the least." Another small laugh spills from her before she fidgets to get a bit more comfortable, "Now, I feel you may have some more questions about my past. You may ask anything of me you wish, I hold no secrets."

[penned by Zaeya].