sensitive topics all your bad poetry // collapse (sick)

Mar 26, 2023
♡​ MOM AND DAD THINK I SUCK AT LIFE ♡​

sleekpaw & 07 moons & genderfluid & he/she/they & thunderclan apprentice

Paws feel sticky and nose dry as sleekpaw moves through the training spot, the heat crashing down upon his pale pelt becoming unbearable. But she bites her tongue and withholds her complaints - it's not befitting of a warrior after all, and she must do better. They're supposed to be sparring - but blue eyes are struggling to focus, vision doubling and blurring when he least expects it, and this is the third time he's missed landing his blow upon his sparring partner.

Paws come crashing down upon sleekpaw, pinning him, but just that little bit of movement is enough - she coughs, a hacking and wheezing sound that sputters out into silence despite her flanks continuing to heave. And it doesn't stop, even when they hear paws scrambling away in shock. As though a dam overflowing, all the signs they'd been trying so hard to hide, to pretend weren't happening come back full force - a pitiful whine escaping before they can help it, eyes watering from the pain. When its finally over, he can only lie there, shaking and trmebling, pelt flushed and hot under the shocked gaze of their clanmates, embarrassment spiking his fever ever higher.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: mentor and fellow apprentice tag @KILLDEERCRY ; @barleypaw. ; sleekpaw is finally showing sever symptoms so someone should probably grab berryheart <3
    tw/cw: —
  • a small and effeminate apprentice with pale pinkish cream fur and baby blue eyes. sleekpaw comes across as quiet and aloof towards most, though he shows a softer side around the nursery queens and his mentor. she seems to care little for anything outside of training, apprentice duties, and her appearance. they seem strangely silent on the topic of borders however, and even shiftier about anything concerning cross clan relationships.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=mistyrose]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

latest.png
Plague surrounded her everywhere she went nowadays. ThunderClan couldn't go a day without some cat coughing or sneezing or struggling to breathe. Chickadeepaw had figured, in the beginning, that staying away from 'the sick ones' would make it go away in her mind. That didn't help. 'The sick ones' weren't just some nebulous group of cats that she could push into the back of her mind, they were real clanmates. They were Roeflame and Frostglare and ... Sleekpaw.

Sleekpaw, who had been trapped under Chickadeepaw's weight only to start convulsing with the force of their coughing. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I-I'm -" The fluffy apprentice splutters, her golden eyes wide. It only barely registers in her brain that the sickness would be on her now, she had been so close to Sleekpaw's face, too close, she probably jumpstarted whatever was in his system...

"I'm so sorry." She repeats before scampering a little ways away on nervous paws. "I'm s- I'm gon-na-na get Lichenberry, uh, Berrypaw, uh, @BERRYHEART !" She squeaks, her ears growing red hot with embarrassment and shame as she turns tail to alert the medicine cat. Another one...

Mousenose is on her way back to camp, squirrel dragging on the forest floor, when she pauses to watch a spar between two of the younger apprentices. They’re her former denmates—loudmouth but well-meaning Chickadeepaw and her combatant, quiet and serious Sleekpaw. The messy-pelted warrior drops her kill, looking appraisingly at the action. “Hey, look alive, Sleekpaw! She’s gonna eat you for breakfast!” She grins, but it fades as she begins to realize something isn’t right. Sleekpaw moves as though drifting off into sleep, and their collapse is hard.

Uh oh.” They abandon the squirrel and dart to the pale apprentice’s side, her tail bristling. “Did you get hurt, or…” She leans closer, and the stench of illness that has invaded their ranks sends her stumbling backward, half-gagging. “Oh no…” Chickadeepaw, distraught and flustered, runs back toward camp for the medicine cat. “Don’t worry, Sleekpaw, they’ll be here soon.” Her stomach tightens. This scene is becoming all too familiar in ThunderClan.

•  
  • mousekit . mousepaw . mousenose
    — she/they, warrior of thunderclan
    — pansexual ; single
    — long-haired blue tortoiseshell with white and green eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Rai

/ retro to berry himself being extremely ill

He was swiftly fetched, as always- rushing franticness that he'd become very used to after all these moons in this role. But this was no simple split of the flesh, he knew it. Another had collapsed- somehow, the sickness had sprawled its way to ThunderClan, and it would not stop felling their warriors like lightning striking a tree. Hurried, Berryheart's ambling gait could only catch up with Wails so much- he emerged from the undergrowth a little after her, blinking in disbelief.

The only betrayal of his anxiety upon his face was the inch his jaw creaked ajar. He cleared his throat, an ache in his head. "You must get back to camp. Can you stand?" If they needed help, there were at least a few warriors to aid Berryheart in bearing the weight.
PENNED BY PIN ☾