private ALTAR WINE — SUNSTAR

──ᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒ── The camp bustles with WindClanners cleaning their nests, making way for the new and discarding the remnants of leafbare. Wolfsong has done the same, for the most part; he has churned the sand in the medicine den and given shriveled, withered herbs back to the moors in hopes they will seed new stems, and he has ensured all of the nests are completely replaced with fresh bedding. All save his own, the worn shape he shares with Sunstar. In it, he has hidden pieces of the nest he used for kitting. Only the cleanest, of course, as birth is quite a messy process that isn't fully realized in the moment, when the kits are squirming and hearts fit to bursting.

Faint streaks of mud still remain on the walls, and he regards the keepsakes of precious memories with a slight frown. He should throw out the old scraps and clean the walls for the sake of newleaf's expectations, but Wolfsong hesitates. Why, he cannot say. Does it matter so much that I cling to these things when my children are my memory? I see them every day.

His stomach twists. For now, yes. For now they are here and for now they love him, but that ugly creature recalls Scorchstreak and Rattleheart's conversation, and reminds him Sunlitpaw has distanced herself from them. Will the others follow? Will Wolfsong become his father, detested and despised for his weakness? His muscles coil tighter, shoulders hunched and ears pinned low.
78133981_OgqdbQiOYIHTMTk.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 41 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge.
    ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know; he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel."
    ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you.
    ★★★☆☆ KITTING: Thanks to Starlingheart and his own pregnancy, he's better prepared for the arrival of kits, but any complications will need a little faith and a lot of luck.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you.
    ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.