pafp always overthinking // checking in

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 16 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Lilacfurs worries haunt her mind - she'd brushed it off at first, half-truths and gentle consolations falling easily from her lips in the moment. Of course ghostpaw was doing just fine. But... was she? Siltcloud hadn't actually checked in with her niece lately, her focus on her own apprentice - on loampels death, on the fact she may just lose lilacfur the same way. It's not fair of her - she'd told herself she wanted to support her kin, hadn't she? She wants to do better, be better, than those who came before. And yet here she is, following in their pawsteps.

And so today she takes the time to really look - impassive green gaze leaving the ground at her paws long enough to search for white-masked face in the crowd of the training grounds. her own apprentice is not far from her side, as always during the day - there is too much danger within shadowclans bounds for her to do anything else. A gentle flick of her tail against smaller figure, a quiet voice speaking up - "Ghostpaw - could you come over here for a moment?" it's not like whichever warrior watches over her this time will care, not really. Probably.

"How is training going? Are you alright?" the questions are out of character for her, more empathetic than what she'd ever shown. Perhaps because the concern is not her own. "Your... mentor is worried, since she got sick so soon," she says instead, a simplification, an excuse. It's easier to acknowledge this tie, than the one laying at her brothers side - that cursed she-cat who could not even save the one she loved. No - it's not ghostpaw who is cursed, it's starlingheart - just like the rest of briarstars bloodline.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: please wait for @GHOSTPAW. to post first, obligatory apprentice ping @CATERPILLARPAW.
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

Reactions: CATERPILLARFUZZ.
ZHRTf1m.png
4d5460.png

there's a certain nagging nature about siltcloud, ghostpaw's noticed. a neediness that reminds her of biting flies steeped in the depths of swamp-summer, risking wing and life for a drop of blood. she clings like the swollen black insects will to an unattended pair of ears, hungry for what doesn't belong to her.

whatever. siltcloud is useful in her own way, a redeemable creature, and that's what matters. where ghostpaw glows, her pathetic aunt reflects, and she only brightens the white-masked girl's shine that much more by being so dull in comparison. so, when the dull tail flicks against her as she practices with some nameless warrior, she nods. she offers a pearly-fanged grin to her mentor of the day, one meant to insinuate the appropriate message: so sorry, but look at her, you know i have to. you understand.

"hello, siltcloud, caterpillarpaw." her paws, thin-wristed and sharply boned, follow in her aunt's steps. siltcloud's questions are appropriately concerned, and the girl provides a benevolent curve of the muzzle in response. "it's been....unconventional, i suppose." she tips her head sideways, as if to ponder, though she has the words as prepared as claws waiting for battle. "so many different warriors training me. it feels bizarre, but...." ghostpaw lifts a shoulder, fixing siltcloud with beetle-shell eyes. ".....i suppose it's going the best it can, under the circumstances."

"it's good to hear lilacfur remains diligent, even in the medicine den," she tips her head back slightly to let loose a quiet laugh, gaze sliding back to her aunt. "i guess it's really nobody's fault, though." for a moment her eyes stutter to caterpillarpaw, then return to her aunt, tone laced with just a brush of accusation. it's her fault, that gaze implies ever-so-subtly, her fault for being your apprentice. your fault for taking her on.

4d5460.png

• MHdMCtb.png
    ghostpaw ; apprentice of shadowclan
    x. she/her ; 5 moons ; tags
    x. slender black she-cat with white mask & pants and dark blue-black eyes
    x. played by dejavu
    ghostpaw is the charismatic daughter of starlingheart and granitepelt, her mother's lookalike but without her genuine kindness. a falsified sweet demeanour disguises ghostpaw's hunger for power and listless hatred for most cats she meets.