americano — soma

Aug 14, 2023
just because i carry it so well doesn't mean it's not heavy .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Lux bounced on his three paws, brimming with untethered energy willing half-lidded optics to just remain open for a bit longer. He wasn’t that tired, figuring a few clumsy laps would suffice, but even that didn’t help the overwhelming need to curl up and fall asleep. He tutted, nose crinkling, but otherwise remained vibrating, letting his malnourished frame slither down the fence with an undignified squawk. Oops.

He grinned, embarrassment heating up his cheeks as he untangled his lanky limbs, righting himself with a puff of his scarred cheeks, odd hues crinkling. “Geez, I’m such a klutz.” He muttered, sitting on his haunches to rub his nape.

Maybe he hadn’t gotten enough sleep, but it wasn’t like he could fall asleep anywhere without being chased with one of those scratchy brooms that left bruises. He huffed, peering up to stare into a pair of eyes, leaving a startled squeak from the other, nearly tipping himself over, ignoring the barely noticeable flinch that rippled through his frame.

The cream-ticked tabby blinked owlishly, maw parted in an ‘o’ shape until a laugh bubbled out. Oh, shit. He should have seen that one coming, minding his own business when BAM a stranger appears to see his most unflattering fall because he was way too tired to see straight, and don’t forget the familiar strain of his stomach reminding him he needed food or else he’d pass out. “Uhhhhh.” He rocked side to side, fumbling onto lanky legs to grin sheepishly, scars pulling with the motion. “Heya! Sorry for droppin’ right in front of you! Guess I had too much catnip, huh?” He snorted, bouncing on three legs, jittery, but internally cringing at the comment. Catnip? Seriously, Lux?

Maybe he shouldn’t be having a casual conversation with a stranger, but Lux never really cared for self-preservation. He’d be fine! Maybe. He wasn’t faring too well, but it wasn’t all that bad. Lux hummed, watching the other with odd optics, feeling his mind prickle with familiar information, but he merely grinned, nose crinkling. “Good thing I didn’t land on you! That would have been bad.” He rattled on, letting out a quiet chirp.

“Sorry by the way.” He grinned sheepishly, expression apologetic.

/ @Soma
thought speech