border AN ADAPTABLE FRUIT :: joining

TANGERINE

the ol' punch and judy?
Jul 8, 2022

Truth was a powerful thing, and many try to avoid it. Having a raw form, a stinging feeling like the wind on freshly burnt skin. And the truth was- he was the reason his brother got grabbed by the catchers. It was a fact that made him ill-tempered over the last week or so, you see- he and his brother were inseparable. Counterparts. Even when they ran with the rogue gangs in the alleys, stealing food and trespassing on gardens. He didn’t do anything with a full brain, half the ideas were Lemons. Easy as that. In fact, as fate would have it- Lemon was the smart one, and he… well, the muscle with a short fuse. An idiot, really.

Now, he felt like a twoleg missing a leg, a crippling sort of lost. It was no use trying to track him down. Lemon is gone, he’s been telling himself this for almost a week. " we should’ve …I... shoulda listened to you bruv…" he mutters to himself, Lemon had suggested Skyclan- had heard of them from some sort of daylight warrior during leafbare. Wasn’t a good idea to join during winter, Tangerine had argued. Well, if they had- he would be in this damned pine forest with his brother wouldn’t he?

Tangerine's nose crinkles a bit with the way nettles tickle between his white tipped toes, a mane of bronze curls bounce with every step and a metallic blue collar swings as he swaggers forth as if confident and sure, but on the inside, he feels a cold glassy blip of fear in his gut. Swallows audibly as he nears the border, he can tell because the scent of the unfamiliar cats is stronger than ever. Bright pumpkin eyes lift toward the ferns and brambles, wondering idly if they would simply attack- he didn't stand a chance without his brother but he'd die fighting for sure. The thought makes his nails itch to extend but he keeps them sheathed.

Finally spotting movement, his curly brown hackles dance a little in alarm. Recognizing the shape of a cat rather than some other woodland horror like a fox, he settles a bit. ( that was another argument against joining a forest group, foxes and badgers! Dogs are much easier to deal with ) Lemon argued that a fox was just an orange dog anyhow. " oi’ is this Skyclan? " he squinched up his muzzle, he wasn’t a smiley one by any means but he did his best to appear friendly. " I don’ mean to waste your time, I’m hoping to join " he explains, always been a talker he has. " I’m tangerine, I'm a stray from the twolegplace " he introduces himself quickly.

• — TANGERINE "tan"
    — twenty moons
    VOICE & ACCENT
    — daylight warrior of Skyclan
    — bisexual | crushing on n/a
    — tall muscled curly-furred brown and white tom with orange eyes.
    — thick brit accent
    faceclaim
    BIOGRAPHY——— ✧
  • drawings coming soon

{ @TANGERINE // @Orangestar - So you know she’s coming lol. }

Roaringwaterfall looked up, blue eyes narrowing as they took in the sight of the former kittypet. The SkyClanner slowly got to her paws, stretching each leg in turn before padding over to Tangerine and giving his ear a delicate sniff.

“You are correct,” The she-cat nodded, her mottled blue-gray-and-white fur moving silkily along her skeleton as she circled the Tom for a couple of moments. “This is, in fact, SkyClan. Since you’re hoping to join, then I may as well take you to Orangestar. You may or may not have your luck with her.”

Roaringwaterfall took in the stray’s form with icy blue eyes. With a twitch of her whiskers, she jerked her head towards the undergrowth that led further into SkyClan Territory. “Follow me, and you can introduce yourself as we walk. The name’s Roaringwaterfall, by the way. Nice to meet you, Tangerine.”

Without taking another look at Tangerine, Roaringwaterfall turned and began to lead the Tom through SkyClan Territory and towards the SkyClan Camp with a wave of her plumed tail.

Reactions: TANGERINE

✧ . Despite taking part in a hunting lesson with @FLUFFYPAW, perhaps it’s lucky timing that Greeneyes shows up when he does — just in time for Roaringwaterfall to not lead the unfamiliar face too far into SkyClan’s territory. The lead warrior flags the molly down with a wave of his tail, urging her to halt her beckoning of the newcomer forward.

Ah, maybe it’s best if Orangestar comes here, “ the tom reminds her with a small smile. Though a newcomer’s intentions are typically harmful, one can never risk it! “ Why don’t you fetch her, and I’ll wait here with uh… Tangerine, is it? “ He tilts his head to the flame-born face, malachite eyes blinking toward him.

So, you want to join SkyClan, huh? “ the tom asks to fill the time, a look of reassurance made to his waiting apprentice, before his gaze settles back upon that at the border. Greeneyes doesn’t pry further, granting the stray a choice in sharing his means for joining. “ I’m not going to lie, it’s not going to be easy — you’ll have to learn our ways. You’ll have to defend more than yourself from now on. Our kits, our queens. Our sickest. Those who can’t hunt and fight for themselves, and beyond that, even. Are you prepared to do just that? “ ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 74596946_rY2pLJ2YZGmQ0CI.png
    GREENEYES AMAB. He / Him. Lead Warrior of SkyClan.
    ✧ . A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    ✧ . Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    ✧ . Mentored by Sheepcurl ; Mentor to Fluffypaw, formerly Falcongaze
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

Last edited:

Tangerine wasn't used to strangers getting close so he stiffens a bit between the shoulder blades as the dappled blue forest cat draws near to sniff at his ear. The scent of her homeland, tells of the wilds of the wilderness. Orangestar , the molly names what is presumably the leader.

" never been lucky, me " he comments lightly as he's being circled. Was she waiting for him to let his guard down? suspicion rippled along his spine as she offers for him to follow. This was- too easy, no, it was deeply unsettling. He's going to be lead somewhere and executed for sure. " Roaringwaterfall. Thas' quite a name, love " he smiles a bit, a bit of the ice of meeting a stranger in the woods melting away as he stands to follow her but pauses when two more woodland cats appear.

This one had a more authoritative approach, suggesting against leading a stranger into the heart of their lands. Tangerine settled back on his haunches. " yeah thas it " he confirmed his name when asked and gave a polite dip of his chin. He listens patiently to the stipulations, he nods carefully and considers his own words with a pause. Clearing his throat.

" I understand tha' yeah, I know- how to take care of others- s'not easy …well..… um , It was just me and my bruvvah Lemon. We took care of eachother, since we was kits. " he stumbles a bit over his words. " I guess what I'm tryin' to say… I'm willing to learn " he curses himself for fumbling with his words.

" He got-.. he's… it's just me now, and I just- can't do it on my own. " though he still stumbles on what to say, he at least admits it. He's clearly lost.

he looks up toward the green eyed ginger and white warrior, perhaps a few moons older than himself and then behind him- a child. " this your little one ere? don't much look like ye.. " he offers a kind but brief smile to the youngest of the three.

• — TANGERINE "tan"
    — twenty moons
    VOICE & ACCENT
    — daylight warrior of Skyclan
    — bisexual | crushing on n/a
    — tall muscled curly-furred brown and white tom with orange eyes.
    — thick brit accent
    BIOGRAPHY——— ✧
  • drawings coming soon

〕Intense amber eyes draw over the brown-hued stranger, the large mass of a cat stood behind Greeneyes ( @COFFEEPAW was presumably in tow as well ). His expression is devoid of trust or warmth, a stark contrast from the ridiculously open-minded nature of his peers. Why his clanmates often thought it was harmless to bring a complete stranger back to camp was beyond him. Didn't they have the brains to realize that strangers were dangerous? Rogues had killed two of their clanmates recently; they could have been the ones behind Sootspritespark's demise as well.

At least Greeneyes had the brain to veto Roaringwaterfall's actions. Slate narrows his eyes at the dappled blue-toned molly, displeasure frosting his sharp features, before he turns his attention back toward the tom at hand. "You're from the city." Slate remarks upon catching an all-too-familiar whiff of asphalt and rubbish. He had not caught the tidbit where he mentioned being a Twolegplace stray.

This fellow hailing from the streets does not help his case in the slightest, at least for Slate. The lead warrior gruffly explains, "We've had problems with rogues recently. SkyClan blood's been spilled near here." His fiery gaze bore into Tangerine's as he raked the other's face for even the slightest hint of dishonesty. "You know any cats who've been lurkin' around here?" It seems that Slate is more concerned with squeezing as much information as he can from the stray, as opposed to welcoming him into SkyClan's borders.
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • SLATE —— lead warrior of skyclan , mentoring coffeepaw ✦ penned by beatles
    cismale / he/him pronouns / 39 moons & ages every 1st
    single / bisexual & monogamous / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— hard combat difficulty & weak to agile, quick fighters / will start fights, will kill if necessary

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are ic
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 81989570_qOt9GUlhGgQcrtn.png

a scarred longhaired maine coon with amber eyes. a large, 20lb tom with thick locks of fur. his chest and underbelly is ruddy from sun exposure. notable scars decorate his face and his ears are both torn with one being folded over.

The gathering of Skyclanners was always an interesting sight to behold, that mixed with the familiar scent of twolegplace had only piqued her curiosity. To see someone not from the territory be further than just by the border was something that she didn't expect; this only made the daylight warrior even more interested. "Oh! Another one from Twolegplace?" Florabreeze beamed in delight, always wanting to believe the better in others she assumed that Tangerine wouldn't have been directly involved with what happened to Applefrost and Dandelionwish. Still, as much as she doesn't want to admit it Slates caution was healthy and that skepticism should be exercised here.

For a rare moment she stands there in silence, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. Not because she had a solution in mind for this or anything like that, she was merely nosy. That grin she had upon approach only widens as the brown and white tom confuses Fluffypaw for Greeneye's child, remembering when she had done the same thing back when she was interested in joining. Having got Silversmoke and Crowsight- Crowpaw at that time, confused; she was just thankful that she wasn't the only one who had been confused on this. "I'm sorry that you're on your own" She didn't catch the circumstances on why he was by himself but from the tone he carried she could only assume that it was grave circumstances.

"SkyClan's a great place, you'll find your place here easily, you won't have to be on your own for long" her voice is gentle, a lot softer than her usual boisterous self. She could sympathise with feeling lonely or alone, once again that desire to see the best in others pushing through any sensibilities. She realised that she probably shouldn't get his hopes up just in case he was turned away for some reason. "If you're allowed in of course" she adds on with a wink, trying to lighten the mood.

•  

• SkyClan Daylight Warrior⏐ She / Her ⏐ Info
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    33 moons old { Ages realistically on the 12th per month }
    Mentored by Sorrelsong
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}