AND IM GETTING OLDER TOO ☀︎ SUNFRECKLE

“ — and lightstrike is fine, i guess. “ the air smells of fresh moss and plucked flowers where they’re settled across from one another over the half - woven construction of his nest. leafbare continues to move silently onwards and with it, her father moves from the nursery, her siblings flown from the nest. it had been a long while since she’d had one on one time with her father — sunfreckle had experienced more beyond the nursery walls than he should have, surviving the rogues with kits in tow. trapped in the sanctity of their nursery otherwise. it’d been some time since they’d simply sat, gossiped and snickered to themselves away from prying ears. so when the ginger tom announces his moving back to the warriors den, she’d leapt at the opportunity to help him.. and let him in on the recent happenings he may have missed in his time away. as well as her opinion on it, meowing a flippant, ”“ .. i guess. mousenose seems.. happy. “ her nose wrinkles, making a face that displays clearly that she wasn’t telling the entire truth. her shoulders move, minute, with each flex of ginger - black paws, the one ribboned cream tinged a pale green, ”“ it’s just sudden. i mean, she was leapin’ on him like a kit! im hopin’ sunshinepaw keeps her busy now, ‘cuz the second i see their nests inching closer together.. “

well.. she wouldn’t do anything, really — if her sister was happy, she was happy, even if the sight made her muzzle twist. at most, an awkward sister interrogation : a what are your intentions? between friends. freckleflame liked lightstrike.. as a friend, that alone made her tortie sibling’s choice questionable. regardless, she quirks her brows toward sunfreckle as if to say uh-huh, you know, before reaching to bap a bundle of moss towards her : clean, healthy bits from his stint in the nursery, still smelling of her most recently mentor - appointed siblings. she works to flatten it, letting vibrant green eyes flick up in a curious glance as she does, “ speaking ooof.. “ she begins again, drawing out her sing - song tone. her vision returns to the work at her paws, beginning to weave the patches of older, familiar moss into the new, ”“ now that the younguns are grown, we finally get t’ share a den again, huh? “ out with the new and in with the old.. a twist, but a welcome one. she trills a soft purr, ” how’s it feel leaving the nursery after all these moons? you think you’re gonna miss it? “

• i. @Sunfreckle
  • IMG_3106.png

• 𖦹 . LESBIAN. SINGLE, CRUSHES EASILY. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK. SIXTEEN MOONS. NAMED A WARRIOR 8 / 3 / 2023. MENTORED UNDER WOLFWIND, PENNED BY ANTLERS !!!
    f. she / her, daughter of sunfreckle and rabbitnose. large cream - ribboned tortoiseshell with seaglass eyes. larger than life! shades of vibrant russet, dousing swathes of shadow and interwoven with ribbons pale cream come to drape like licks of flame over a thick, broad - shouldered figure.
    frick-removebg-preview.png
    unspecified maine coon heritage born of sunfreckle's kittypet background shows itself in large, round paws and tufted, long - furred toes set upon thick, tabby - splotched limbs. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers, all while bearing a wide, bright - eyed grin.

——— ˙⋆ — prone to bouts of explosive emotion. all opinions are solely in - character and during these times, often untrue or said only in anger.

—————————————————————⊰☀︎⊱————————————————————
When Freckleflame offered to help him make his nest back in the warrior's den he had expected her to talk to him about her worries or concerns, he was almost looking forward to it actually - while he'd had the kits he felt his older children withdraw some, not out of any malice but out of worry for adding to his already stressful time in the nursery. He wasn't prepared for gossip, but he listened very closely to what was apparently the blossoming of young romance with her sister and Lightstrike of all cats. Lightstrike was a loyal, dutiful young tom if not a bit reckless and mouthy - somehow he found the idea of him and Mousenose very hard to grasp but...if that was what they wanted...
"...you know, I had a bet with your father on which of you would give us grandkits first and Mousenose was not my choice." Sunfreckle chuckles, "I picked you, Sparkwing is far too energetic still to settle down and she...well, the new apprentice will help."
Sunshinepaw was not a difficult child, quiet and prone to laziness, an excellent first apprentice for his more difficult daughter.

"I think I will miss it, if only because I still miss having had all of you with me. I enjoyed the closeness, but I don't think I'd like to go back anytime soon." He laughs, the sound heavy and huffing through moss he has set down to knead with a little more force than was probably necessary. "...maybe later in life, much later...but you've enough siblings now hm? I think Mousenose might have a snit fit if I give you all any more." His pale tortie daughter was so very clingy and easily riled up, he worried she might actually have a heart attack if he and her father decided on litter number three. Freckleflame and Sparkwing at least took the second one in stride - though he remembers the present molly's worried commentary when they found Pigeonpaw.

•  

• 57579394_y5Qft2znjLniwSo.png
    Sunfreckle
    —⊰⋅ Lead Warrior of ThunderClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Large red tabby tom w/green eyes and no left foreleg.

he mentions kits — her having them — and it erupts a nervous snort from her throat so loud she hunkers her chin downward to her chest, abruptly flustered. they had a bet? she hated to admit it, but the trio of them weren’t exactly.. inclined for romance. perhaps her moreso than her siblings if only in her dreams, her hopes. she’d bat her eye at a pretty molly, she’d talk a big talk, and eventually bluster upon reciprocation. not exactly mate material, she supposed. she aims to playfully thwap him with the bulk of her tail along the flank, snickering her embarrassment into the fluff of her coat, me? psh, well, i just haven’t — uh. i haven’t found.. anyone, really. ‘s just, you know.. “

maybe it did bother her, deep down. just.. a little bit. kits — too far away a thought for her to comprehend, skull dizzying at the thought of being in charge of anyone other than herself. hell, having an apprentice worried her ( she wondered, not for the first time, if howlingstar could tell, being the last of her siblings to receive one ). mousenose was the first of them to find love ; that sparking romance their fathers had upon growing up, forming their thoughts and standards to the dutiful rabbitnose and compassionate sunfreckle. that was fine, truly. really. she was happy for her sister. happier if it had not been lightstrike, she convinces herself.

sunfreckle speaks, and she kneads moss as he does. but you’ve enough siblings now, hm? ” yeah, yeah, please. enough to last lifetimes. “ she grins, lifting her head back and flexing her shoulders as if to emphasize, the consequential and sudden pop in her arm somewhere could have been a persuaded actor, ” and i can already feel every one of those lifetimes from them usin’ me for climbing practice. ended up telling every one of ‘em to leave it to skyclan. “ mousenose will have a snit fit if i give you all any more.. and she can nearly feel it, thickening the air around her ; a palpable memory, one with her face twisted in worry and her fathers in sudden, aching distress. she continues to weave for a moment longer in silence, her throat dry. her tongue smacks the roof of her mouth, preventing whatever crack in her voice may come from the sudden restriction in her esophagus.

he’d been so tired, so worn ; he looked better, happier, in this moment. perhaps for finally being able to stretch his legs, to taste the forest air for more than evacuation, she could only assume it reason enough, ” i was.. worried about you. “ it was nothing more than a hoarse whisper, the murmur of a guilty kit, evergreen eyes squeezing closed in cowardice — so she didn’t see his expression, so she could push past the knot building in his throat, ” back when pidge was brought home. you’d looked so worn out and stressed, i didn’t — you’re a great dad. “ its stilted, but with force. her eyes open, earnest, ” an amazing one, to all of us. i didn’t meant anything by it, not — not anything malicious, anyway. id never seen you so tired, i was.. scared. “ scared. it feels like a curse, like a blade on her tongue. i was scared then, too, ” i didn’t know how to say it then, so i didn’t. it was so.. mousebrained of me. you did a great job, with all of them. all of us. “

her ears lower, ” mousenose was.. so mad at me. i just ignored her until she calmed down, which was — it was stupid of me. “ she did always put her paw in her mouth, didnt she? it had followed her her whole life, well into adulthood, brimming at each of her edges. at least that’s one weight off her chest. how many more to go?

• i.
  • IMG_3106.png

• 𖦹 . LESBIAN. SINGLE, CRUSHES EASILY. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK. SIXTEEN MOONS. NAMED A WARRIOR 8 / 3 / 2023. MENTORED UNDER WOLFWIND, PENNED BY ANTLERS !!!
    f. she / her, daughter of sunfreckle and rabbitnose. large cream - ribboned tortoiseshell with seaglass eyes. larger than life! shades of vibrant russet, dousing swathes of shadow and interwoven with ribbons pale cream come to drape like licks of flame over a thick, broad - shouldered figure.
    frick-removebg-preview.png
    unspecified maine coon heritage born of sunfreckle's kittypet background shows itself in large, round paws and tufted, long - furred toes set upon thick, tabby - splotched limbs. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers, all while bearing a wide, bright - eyed grin.

——— ˙⋆ — prone to bouts of explosive emotion. all opinions are solely in - character and during these times, often untrue or said only in anger.

—————————————————————⊰☀︎⊱————————————————————
"...you don't need anyone either if you don't want-my only wish for you kits was you're happy and I think that's going well so far so don't worry over it!" If he was being honest he didn't see Sparkwing ever having a mate - his son was much more interested in his warrior duties and yelling at other clans across borders and that was fine; if not a little embarrassing. He waves a paw, batting at the tail flicked toward him like a kit with a tall reed before chuckling to himself as his daughter lamented being used as a tree to climb for the kits plenty of times; all of his older children were so good with the younger ones. After the initial upset at their birth they had all quickly adjusted and become even more close knit as a result; he couldn't be happier.
"You did so well with them though, if you do decide to have your own one day you're a natural with them already!" His time in the nursery was over and he had no plan to return - at least right now. Maybe as he got much older he'd reconsider but after his last litters traumatic birth and the ordeal of shepherding kits during a rogue invasion, he was quite tired of handling the little furballs for the time being.
As she began to go quiet, lamenting worries over past conflict he can't help but feel his chest tighten, remembering the tiny black and orange kitten at his side who only cared about being warm and getting to eat first, the toothiest of the five of them by far and then the most eccentric as she got older. His kids had grown up, it feels as if he blinked and missed it entirely.

"...you don't need to apologize, Frecks...I understand." Sunfreckle smiled, warmly, his expression a little thoughtful and maybe just a little morose but not pointedly upset by any means. "I was not in a good place and I love Pigeonpaw like he was my own, but it was not a very good decision...and I see that as the truth of it." Even Howlingstar had come calling, worried and frustrated with him understandably and she had knocked the sense into him with her curt but comforting words - it had been the kick he needed, the one his family loved him too much to really give. They were never exactly the best when it came to tough love, Stars know he and Rabbitnose were much too lenient on all of them growing up and he had only recently developed the stricter nature befitting his position. Sunfreckle stands so he can lean over, bump his head gently into the side of Freckleflame's head in a brief gesture of affection.
"...I accept your apology though, I was never upset with you truly..." At the time maybe he let it get to him a little but he'd gotten over it quickly. "We've all said things out of worry before...that might not have been the best phrased thing to say but...no one is perfect and I love you. I love all of you, flaws and all. StarClan knows I have plenty of my own!"

•  

• 57579394_y5Qft2znjLniwSo.png
    Sunfreckle
    —⊰⋅ Lead Warrior of ThunderClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Large red tabby tom w/green eyes and no left foreleg.

• Love
Reactions: freckleflame