camp and kings, who kill us fine ☄ Reinforcing camp

SINGEPAW

Hot headed!!!!
Nov 2, 2023
*+:。.。 "I can help!"
As of late, Singepaw seems to have turned a new leaf. The spitfire's mouth was now more often shut than loudly complaining, waking up without protest and doing his chores with renewed energy. No more 'Why can't I go out?!' or 'What's the point of the name!?' or even 'IF YOU WANT RESPECT I SHOULD HAVE SOME TOO!!!'. Instead, it was a dutiful, 'Yes ma'am' and 'What else can I do?' and 'ill get right on that'. With leaf-bare skipping cheerfully into new-leaf it could be assumed that perhaps the winter-born kitten finally felt some of the lightness that life had to offer. Today would luckily be more of the same as he bounded excitedly towards a group of warriors patching up the camp's protective bramble walls.
Last night some opossums had tried their hand at gnawing through the brambles only to quickly discover the prey they'd sniffed out belonged to an entire clan of cats and had quickly fled, but not before leaving behind some significant damage. Luckily the fix was an easy one, though it would take all day.
And Singepaw was more than ready to help!

He eyed the holes in the bramble wall with bright eyes and a determined frown. "Just show me how"

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    4 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowkit, Sneezekit)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Pipitclaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: faint scars on flanks from an owl attack

I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — Admittedly, Onyxpaw felt the slightest bit suspicious over the new sudden change in Singepaw. Though it was a horrid thing to think, she couldn't help but wonder what motivation the younger apprentice might have, the mere changing of the seasons not seeming like enough of an explanation for her. That wasn't to say there was anything wrong with him suddenly turning over a new leaf, but it felt like it had come too suddenly. Like it was just a temporary alteration for the sake of a goal. What goal? The chimera really couldn't say, her thought processes often differing wildly from what went on in Singepaw's head.

Even with all of that in mind, she figured it was at least worth encouraging the positive behavior now that it was there - and she had a feeling most Shadowclan warriors would feel similarly. She came padding over not long after Singepaw, gently nudging her side against the younger apprentice in greeting before turning her attention towards what he was looking at. Those opossums had really put an impressive dent in the bramble wall, hadn't they? "I can help out too. I'm sure Singepaw and I will get even more done if we work together." Aside from just wanting to encourage this new helpful attitude, Onyxpaw found herself wanting to somehow - hopefully - make a friend out of Singepaw. She really didn't have very many of those besides Yellowpaw and now Snowpaw, so she was almost desperate to make that pair into a trio.

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    6 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

• Love
Reactions: SINGEPAW

When she was an apprentice, brand new and unaware of the dangers of this world, she had overheard a few adults talking. 'Leaf-bare is coming' they had said in those hushed tones that they took on whenever they didn't want a kit to hear something. But Starlingheart had been small and her pelt blended so easily into the shadows. They had talked about how difficult it was, how hungry everyone would be, how they might have to start hunting in carrionplace if it got bad enough. She had not heard how dangerous it was there though, had not thought about much else other than the fact that her clan was about to be hungry and hurting and there was something she could do about it. An opossum had quickly put that idea to a stop.

"Th-thank you you two for doing this" she says to Singepaw and then Onyxpaw, who volunteers to help out. "Stars only knows what would- what would happen if something got into - got into the camp." Especially with how full their nursery was at the current moment.
EpC61GT.png

• PSgWDJV.jpeg

• 75214491_NhVBn1uSQsE4P99.png
    STARLINGHEART SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO PITCHSTAR, CHITTERTONGUE, NIGHTSWARM, SKUNKTAIL, AND LILACFUR. MOTHER TO NETTLEPAW, FLINTPAW AND GHOSTPAW.
    A skinny she cat with short black and white fur littered with scars and one singular green eye.
    Easy in battle + has little to no formal battle training

"Well... dat's what apprentices do! They help." Bloodpaw flashed a grin towards Starlingheart, chest puffed out with a warrior's pride. While Singepaw had been compliant, the cinnamon tabby had been positively beaming the past moon, as if excited that it would only be another half-moon before she was allowed to leave camp. She cast Singepaw a knowing look and a wink before joining his and Onyxpaw's side to form the wall-repair squad, her tail likely smacking each of them with how it wagged like the appendage of a happy puppy. At least one of Bloodpaw's teeth was almost always on display, though nowhere near the size of an adult, she was taller than plenty of the other apprentices - she liked to think of herself of the brawn to their brains, they could point to who needed to be play-wrestled and she'd make sure they were sufficiently destroyed by the power of her pummels. Had the opossums made it through to the Nursery, she'd have shown them who was boss no questions asked! Alas, building would have to do. "We'd take care of it Miss Meddie Cat," she boasted, pride glinting in her eyes. "No one's hurting you again while we're here."

*+:。.。 "Oppossums. I wonder what they look like" he muses, blinking when Onyxpaw brushed against him. He didn't entirely mind her touch, for someone who was friends with a nut-so like Yellowpaw, she was rather sweet, especially when she offered her services to help. Eyeing the patch in the brambles thoughtfully, as she spoke to the warriors. Leaning close, he'd sniff at the wall, catching a scent he'd yet to store in his memory bank - was that what opossum smelled like? It was difficult not to feel that flash of envy stabbing through his side - the blade that screamed I should've already seen one by now!.

But with the arrival of Starlingheart - and especially Bloodpaw - Singepaw would quickly calm down. He was a whole new man, after all! He smiled politely at the medicine cat's gratitude, glancing at Onyxpaw to mirror her expression. Bloodpaw's wink thought would send a thrum of energy through the boy as the mask slipped enough to reveal his usual malicious smirk - though that could've just been a mischievous hint to him aiming to smack Bloodpaw's ear in (his version, anyway) a friendly greeting.

"Are opossums really that dangerous?" Singepaw would ask, carefully beginning to weave a bramble back into place while fighting the urge to flinch when a thorn snagged his paw. Glancing back at Onyxpaw - and particularly Bloodpaw - making sure neither molly saw him wince, he'd continue on his efforts, baring his teeth at the thorns as the pricked him again. "'cus they don't seem particularly brave to me" considering they'd bitten out holes only to scamper off when they'd seen what they'd uncovered - as the night guard had told. If they'd actually managed to get in, what would've happened? And if Singepaw ever encountered one in the marshland, what should he expect...?

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    4 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowkit, Sneezekit)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Pipitclaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: faint scars on flanks from an owl attack

"anything can be dangerous when threatened enough."

the leader speaks, stretching with a grunt as they begun to help reinforcing the bramble walls around camp. too many things had been in these walls. bears, for one, but they're not sure making the wall stronger would hold up against that. with a gentle flick of their ears, they turn to singepaw with a raised brow.

"you doing alright? you seem a little less... energetic. getting enough sleep?"

they asked. they don't know why he's so... quiet. he's not whispering, no, but they're used to his loud and boisterous attitude. always willing to do something. wanting to get out of camp. wanting to explore and leave and prove himself to be the best apprentice. it was weird and unsettling for him not to be doing that.

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    44 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

• Crying
Reactions: SINGEPAW